EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Anyone know anything about the next M3

GUjA

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Not much at this point, but a V8 is probable, it also may not even be called an M3. Personally I don't see a need for an eight - it seems like a cop out. Just look at the jump they have made with the standard sixes. They're making more power now than the U.S. spec E36 M3.

The V10 is hardly old, it's fresh baked in fact. But I don't think lopping off a couple of cylinders from an existing engine is really BMW's style.

I think there can be such a thing as too high winding though, I like a little old fashioned low end grunt. BMW may think they have taken the straight six as far as it will go, but the new V10 revs higher than the S54 from the M3 which was ground breaking in it's own right, so there are still places to go for the six configuration.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GUjA,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 2 Wochen später...

400hp :cry: I was hoping for about 450hp because the M3 is about the same category as a vette . The new Z06 vette i heard will have 500hp so therefore if the M3 is 400hp you will get raped by an american car.. unless its 400hp at the wheels I wouldnt mind :-))!

The S54 motor from the E46 M3 sounds pretty ricey no matter what, but aftermarket can at least help it a little.

Remember Marko, raw horsepower isn't everything. The Germans know that better than anyone. A V8 M3 with 400 hp. - and probably a great deal more torque than any factory M3 has ever seen, will no doubt hold it's own. Even against a ZO6, providing they keep the weight in check.

Exactly LNC, they did say that they promise it won't weight THAT much more than the current M3's. I seriously hope not because they are turning into boats. Just like the new 4g Eclipse, it's a fucking boat even more so than the 3g's. :puke:

That's partly true about safety being the reason for why cars weigh so much now. But a car can still have a safe and rigid structure and not be a boat - otherwise it's just a game of "my car can plow yours" - and that's not real safety.

A bigger reason are the greater demensions, greater amount of features and more sound insulation ( along with the larger engine and various componants of some sporty models ) of modern cars which all add weight. The thing is, cars like the M3 are so expensive, they wouldn't think to sell one that wasn't loaded with features.

The E46 M3 CSL weighs about 3,050 lbs. If they could get the standard weight to about that level they'd be set.

I agree. Ofcourse when materials are getting lighter with the same efficiency, it's only positive. A CSL version of M5 and next M3 wouldn't be too bad. There are many who could live without AC, rear seats, and less soundisolation.

I for one can do that. I don't have a problem without the AC and/or back seat when I'm driving to and from the track. It's actually not as bad and lonely as I thought it would be. They make these certain types of mat's that don't weigh much that deaden some sound and take out the coldness of bare metal when you take out back seats.

• 2 Wochen später...
i would still rather bmw have a high revving 3.6 6 cylinder instead of a v8 motor shame we will no longer hear the great sound of the 3.2 m power engine :-(((°:-(((° that is one of the best sounds ever made by a car

:puke::puke::puke: how can anyone like than tin can sound?

the new m3 should be beastly, although the pics of the new 3 series lead me to beleive that it will look like an evo 8.

this should launch bmw on a whole new level. no longer will the s4 be competition, but the rs4 will be(bad decision on audis part).

it always should be

s4-m3

rs4-m3csl

but thats audis problem, not bmw's.

shame we will no longer hear the great sound of the 3.2 m power engine, that is one of the best sounds ever made by a car.

I think he was refering more to the previous S52 engine.

BMW launching the M3 to a whole new level is not just a problem for Audi, it's a problem period. The M3 is going to outclass itself.

The straight engine is a BMW hallmark. It's something that links all 3-Series cars whether they are M modified or standard. Take that link away, and the M3 is no longer Clark Kent, but an elitist. :-?

I think he was refering more to the previous S52 engine.

BMW launching the M3 to a whole new level is not just a problem for Audi, it's a problem period. The M3 is going to outclass itself.

The straight engine is a BMW hallmark. It's something that links all 3-Series cars whether they are M modified or standard. Take that link away, and the M3 is no longer Clark Kent, but an elitist. :-?

your absolutely right. i dont like it when the special models have engines that are specific for that car. i like how the s4 is a detuned rs4 i like how the 330 is a weak version of the m3. you are absolutely right. i never thought of it that way.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...