EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Ferrari F430 vs. Ford GT

Speedster25

Which is better?  

1 Stimme

1. 1. Which is better?

Empfohlene Beiträge

A good one. Not much in price differential, the GT is 3.3, the F430 is 3.5s to 60 mph. The top speed 196-200 mph for the F430 and 200-205 mph for the GT. 1.4 mile times 11.7 s for the GT and 11.7s for the F430. Pretty much identical, but the GT has the edge. But the F430 has the best engine ever in my opinion. Even if it has 483bhp compared to 500-550bhp, and 343 ft. lbs. of torque compared to 500 ft. lbs. The F430 is naturally aspirated while the GT is supercharged. And the F430 is smaller in displacement. Both are V8's.

I don't think I can pick either one as the better, in performance.

In looks I definitely take the F430, so much more curvy, yet still aggresive, kind of like the Porsche Carrera GT, another amazing supercar.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

im curious now. since they both do an 11.7 in the quarter do you know the trap speed? the fact that there is a .3s difference in 0-60 shows that either one can launch better or one has eliminated a shift in getting to 60. knowing which traps higher might help understand each cars strongs zones as far as highway pulls go.

the ford is a quick car around a track with a lot of twists the f430 would be quicker but on the straights the gt would have the legs i'm hoping to get a drive in a f430 soon and i will probably never drive a ford gt mainly because of the rarity values , in my opinion i believe the cars from what i have heard both have even performance so it will be like the good old days a epic battle between ferrari and ford be great if ford went into gt racing with the GT and ferrari with the f430 :lol::lol:

the gt may not be the top dog in the straights. it seems like it has the advantage in lower level acceleration but the f430 probably has the upper hand in the higher speeds. the trap speeds will show how much of an advantage though

The F430 lacks the elegant lines of previous V8 Ferrari's like the 308, 355, or 360, but it has proven to be an amazing car, especially for an "entry level" model. The second fastest production Ferrari behind the Enzo, faster to 60 than an F40 or F50. And the trick suspension - adjustable with a knob on the steering wheel is pretty cool. For what it is, the price is not bad, but the Ford GT remains the run away bargain of the two. $170-190,000 vs. $140,000. The GT has the bang for the buck advantage, plus in my eyes it's a lot better looking, which is natural since the GT design is based heavily upon a classic.

According to Car&Driver tests, the GT hits the quarter mile in 11.8 @ 123, and the F430 does the same in 11.7 @ 123. Practically identical! The GT gets better gas mileage 12/21 vs. 11/16 for the 430.

The GT was designed to knock horns with the 360, but it remains very competitive with it's successor, the 430. I say, this one comes down to driver skill, and his ability to exploit each car's greatest strengths. And also personal preference.

The GT is ultimately faster though, with a top speed of 205 mph. That's V12 territory.

I think the F430 is better looking. And to correct you bleh the GT is .2s quicker. And I like NA cars except the Koenigsegg CCR, which is also one of the fastest. A thing that goes to the F430's credit, is that there will be many more produced than the GT, and will be updated each year. That engine in the F430 is the best engine I've seen, naturally aspirated that is. Even though the rarity part goes to the GT, it means so much more to have that many more cars with that kind of performance. It is quite odd, because Road and Track had the GT doing 3.8s 0-60, which is significantly off 3.3s. But its 3.3s. I still take the F430. Ferrari makes the best engines, naturally aspirated. V-8 with 483 bhp and 343 ft. lbs. of torque and only 4.308 liters, incredible.

Which is better looking is never an absolute, but a matter of personal opinion. And rarity is a bi-product of low production, not a performance trait. But for the record, both the GT and 430 are reletively rare. $100,000+ cars ussually are.

As for Ferrari building the best naturally asperated engines, well considering that they are probably some of the most costly, they should at least be up there.

That V8 bike is pretty cool.

bleh the GT is .2s quicker
my bad. mustve been after a rough day to make such mistake on a mundane detail.

its amazing that the performance figures are so similar. despite the power differences and fi. it is very interesting. i guess if i were to choose one or the other i would have to test drive each back to back a few times.

there is a very very large factor that holds a lot of weight with me though and its pretty easy to guess, knowing what i drive:

reliability. its strange cus i would never consider a ford to be more reliable than anything....

Ferraris image is highrevving engines. Small displacement, highrevving, light engines for the only purpose of trackdriving. And sounds cool. Forget about the engine beeing that great in many more areas! Like how it uses the fuel...

The GT is listed at 3,400 lbs. and the 430 is a bit lighter at 3,200 lbs. This would account partly for the similar acceleration times, despite the power difference. But it is interesting that they are so close, since mechanically they are quite different.

Thunf mentioned something I was thinking about when someone said that Ferrari builds the best NA engines in the world. Ferrari are indeed masters at creating the most horsepower per displacement, but as we've learned in the very popular Engines thread, "best" can take on very many meanings. What about torque per displacement? Fuel efficiency, reliability, flexibility, cost of maintenance? Ferrari would surely rank fairly low in some of these. And Bleh, I trust reliability would not be an issue with the GT since it's a highly developed $140,000 Ford for one thing, and also being powered by basically a highly modified truck motor, represents one of Ford's more reliable aspects - their truck manufacturing. In the case of the GT, " Built Ford Tough " I think would apply.

* Zit, we had a "Capri" over in the U.S. years ago. But it was basically a Murcury Mustang, and later on took the form of a small two seat convertible.

o i know the ford would be more reliable and its so weird saying that cus every ford my family every owned dogged us out hard.

the difference in weight between the two isnt that great. if it were in the low 2000lb range then yes you can tell a difference when you have a passenger(pretty close to the weight difference). however its in the upper mid-low 3000lb. the difference in the feel of each car would be based sooo much more on how the car is built rather than total weight.

For what it's worth, though handling is direct, the GT driving experiance is said to feel slightly isolated, and less visceral then one might expect. The Ferrari I'm sure feels no way like this. This would be good or bad depending on one's preference.

yea i understand completely. i prefer to feel every bump and all resistance coming through to me.

as i was driving my sisters civic i couldnt help but notice how disconnected i felt with power stearing. i know in my civic the manual rack lets me know exactly what is going on. i need that connection. granted neither is a prime candidate for my sister :lol:

so which do you want reliability or becoming one with the car. sorry i couldnt think of any other way to say it

Less in involving than the 430 or not, I'm sure the GT provides plenty of opportunity for the driver to become one with the car. One thing is for sure though, neither one of these cars lacks a pulse :) .

I think they are fine representations of what their birth nations do best.

I'll admit, as a good german american, i'm preferenced to the american car more. That said, the statistics are in favor. With a 390hp 4.6L V8 in testing, Ford got the GT to run better times than the F360. The 550hp 5.4L V8 only made the car faster. I haven't seen numbers, but with well faster acceleration, harder cornering, more favorable power to weight, and nearly every other statistics, the GT looks better. I will say, from having driven ferraris, i don't know any car that drives more naturally and connected to the road. It's preference. The GT can't be touched in terms of raw performance. Where the F430 looks able to redeem itself is the experience. My thought is that the GT has enough performance to compensate. Furthermore, it's cheaper, and in all likelyhood, far cheaper to maintain. Also, the GT comes with a real stick shift. To me, that alone would be enough to put my six figures in the ford column.

I would choose the GT over the two anyway, even if it were a little less capable. Because at the end of day, I have to feel that what I'm driving is gorgeous in some way. The F430 is not bad looking, but there have been better looking Ferrari's in my view - look at that shnoz.

The F430 isn't as beautiful as the 360 is but it's still a damn great looking Ferrari. Kind of hard to choose from either one though.

For all out performance, i'd probably pick the GT because it can always be upgraded for power and still remain dirt cheap in doing so.

Now adding power to the F430 will cost you just as much as buying most cars now days so that's incredibly expensive.

For beauty and just cruising around and "showing off" then the F430 would be a no-contest.

I'd still choose the 360 Challenge Stradale over both X-):-))!

The GT would get as much attention. It looks like a race-car. People who don't know cars know a F430 is a ferrari, but the GT is something totally different. It can be bad assed around, the tires can be lit up, it can be man-handled in a way that the F430 just won't do. The GT is raw power, riding on rails, win the race the american way. The F430 is more natural, more finesse. For 50k less, i'll take the faster car though that I can shift myself.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...