EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Best Evo Ever?

BIGpassion

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

* 1990 BMW M3 Evolution III :wink:

b_m3_1986.jpg

But speaking in terms of the Lancer Evo, I would imagine that it's one of the rare instances where the latest model is arguably the best. The potential of the Lancer Evo has yet to reach it's plateau, but might be close to it.

Well to say the latest is the best isn't quite correct, the Evo has been gaining weight over the years. The 8 isn't different from the 7 mechanically. I would have to say the best was the Lancer Evo VII RS or 6.5 (Tommi Mäkinen Edition).

That's why I said "arguably". Weight is probably the biggest vice of most later model cars. As far as road refinement goes, the Lancer Evo has gained through the years. To some this would be good, to others this would be a sign that the car is going soft.

It's like today's M3's. They're faster, more powerful, more civilized. But in the end, given their mission, are they really "better" then the E30?

It's like today's M3's. They're faster, more powerful, more civilized. But in the end, given their mission, are they really "better" then the E30?

overall yes! but what is better? there may be a certain area where the E30 is better but not many areas!

overall yes! but what is better? there may be a certain area where the E30 is better but not many areas!

But this is where the " what is better " question comes in. One could easily say that the E30 was much more focused and better suited for what it was made to do, than any other M3 since, regardless of the fact that it's limits have been surpassed.

In it's time, it was untouchable, and is still a very competitive racer. In five years of professional racing, the E30 M3 racked up more than 1,500 individual wins and 50 titles. To this day, no other touring car has yet surpassed this record of domination. Not even the E46. And to elaborate on Bleh's comment, the E30 really comes alive at high seed as well.

As for the Lancer Evo, I'm not too familiar with the many variations of this car, so I'll leave that question in the air.

im not saying i doubt its highspeed capabilities. but on ANY track where you dont leave 3rd gear the e30 m3 is the best choice of any car, still. some miatas come close... depending on the class of course, but the that m3 always does the best in whatever class its competing in.

im saying that although the quality of performance is good all across ,its performance at relatively lower speeds is absolute.

on an interesting note: i see evo8s, newer e36, e46 m3s all the time, even ferarris lambos, austin martins, nsx's regularly every summer but i have only seen one e30 m3 in my life. odd

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo BIGpassion,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
on an interesting note: i see evo8s, newer e36, e46 m3s all the time, even ferarris lambos, austin martins, nsx's regularly every summer but i have only seen one e30 m3 in my life. odd

That is odd, and something I've noticed myself. In my neck of the woods, I've never seen an Aston, but there have been a handful of Ferrari's, a few Lambo's, Porsche Turbo's, some Viper's, NSX's, Lancer Evo's, newer M3's, and I must mention this particulary georgeous cherry M5 that parks downtown. But I too have seen only one E30 M3 in my town of 300,000. Unless all of them are red. No wait, make that three counting the white one and the black one I saw years ago. But still exceptionally rare considering.

• 2 Wochen später...

But as stated before, skidpad grip isn't everything though. Packing a major power punch can throw a car out of balance. I would bet that the FQ400 is pretty friggin' raw, especially in it's power delivery compared to more conventional Evo's. In this case, which Evo is best would probably come down to what driving experience a person is most comfortable with.

Besides that, what is the purpose of this thread anyway? It's not a poll, a topic like this could run in circles forever.

The WRC version has what, 3 bars of boost? Seriously I think it could grip the road, as it has an ACD, AYC, and a front LSD. 400 hp in a front or rear wheel drive wouldn't stick well, but with all wheel drive its not so bad. Not saying it wouldn't burn the tires though :).

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...