EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

My M3 won't burnout.

tekz

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Um, you think maybe your traction control is engaged and you don't know it? Look for a button on your console labeled "ASC" and press it.

After you do this, you should be able to burnout to your hearts content.

No, you could still burn out with new tires. If it's not the traction control, than who knows what's up, because it sounds like you're launching it right. The car performs fine in every other way, full power?

Yes, redline it, let it hit the limiter as the six builds up a full head of steam, and drop the clutch. Keep your foot on the break, as you let up on the clutch. Three pedals to work, and only two feet, but you can do it.

Release the break, and off you go in a cloud of smoke.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo tekz,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

You know, I'm not so sure they do, not like a place you can call to ask how you can burnout. O:-) In the end though, even if he can't get the car to burnout, just be happy you have an M3, and leave it at that. :D

Tavaru, why are you always hidden?

You know, I'm not so sure they do, not like a place you can call to ask how you can burnout. O:-) In the end though, even if he can't get the car to burnout, just be happy you have an M3, and leave it at that. :D

Tavaru, why are you always hidden?

Sorry, I didn't realize that I have selected the "don't show my online status" option. I disabled it now.

in the clutch theirs a peace that u need to change, same material as the brakes, it get used up, its like a plate, shange that coz the car is like 1996,

u well see a big defferance and u wont need to rev it up to the red at all to screem those tiers.

in the clutch theirs a peace that u need to change, same material as the breaks, it get used up, its like a plate.

You're refering to the clutch disc. A worn disc is possible since this would qualify as a wear item, but Tekz claims that his car performs fine in everyway. Worn out items in the transmission is something you would tend to notice.

It wouldn't hurt to have this checked out though.

• 2 Wochen später...

Tekz,

I have a 97' with the same experience. The car has more a slipping or spinning feel as if it were on water rather than a burnout. The ASC is actually off when the light is on.

My M3 has an RMS supercharger and intercooler. The RMS software permanently shuts off the ASC. It helps but the car still doesn't burnout. I switched to Khumo V700 tires which help traction alot but still no screaming starts.

Yes, redline it, let it hit the limiter as the six builds up a full head of steam, and drop the clutch. Keep your foot on the break, as you let up on the clutch. Three pedals to work, and only two feet, but you can do it.

Release the break, and off you go in a cloud of smoke.

Off you go with a worn/broken clutch and tranny parts if you do it to much.

Tekz,

I have a 97' with the same experience. The car has more a slipping or spinning feel as if it were on water rather than a burnout. The ASC is actually off when the light is on.

My M3 has an RMS supercharger and intercooler. The RMS software permanently shuts off the ASC. It helps but the car still doesn't burnout. I switched to Khumo V700 tires which help traction alot but still no screaming starts.

Have you changed out your motor mounts to PU motor mounts that are firmer? Sounds like you are getting a serious case of wheel hop instead of burning out or squawling your tires.

Skyline,

Good points. Dinan did replace the motor mounts and the clutch is okay. No wheel hop. Part of the problem is the torque is above 300 ft/lbs from 3700-7000 rpm and I'm running a 3:64 rear end, so it's just going to break loose. The strategy is to get a fair launch in first gear and get on it second. Like I tell most folks "you guys just go ahead, I'll catch up".

Sure, any wheel thats putting down power could hop. Especially back in the good old live-axle muscle car days

Wow, going way back, don't suppose you like DeDion axles? Get with the 21st century, independent suspension.

Most people who have a lot of power ease on it in first and try and get away without any smoke, then put on the power, then ease when shifting. Some people like the smoke though :)

21st. century nothing, even the current Mercedes S-Class was noted for exibiting some wheel hop by Car&Driver magazine.

As I am not a hot rodder, and I care about the longevity of my car, I have never attempted a burn out in the M3. The E36, for what ever reason is not capable of burn outs, that was news to me.

• 2 Wochen später...

lots of cars with independent suspension have wheelhop. The cadillac CTS-V has awful wheelhop, my E30 wheelhops like crazy, i'm sure tons more cars do as well. I've gotten E36 M3's to light them up, it's a matter of changes you've made as well though. It was not a car built for that in any capacity. Part of it i'm sure is in the very lightweight flywheel that that car comes with.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...