EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

the all-new 3-series gets officially unveiled

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Blah the front resembles to much like a Mitsubishi Lancer so I don't like it, the back and sides look pretty good but it DEFINITELY needs some lowering. That thing looks like it stands a foot off the ground.

You're damn right it looks like a Lancer in the front, it's those Evo-like headlamps. 255 hp. engine is good. The overall shape doesn't seem to be a great departure from E46, but the tail is pathetic.

The round headlamps were a BMW trademark, they're kind of losing it. The conservative ride height is typical of a newly introduced vehicle, lowering, and sport package add ons are inevitable.

The big news, however, is the return of turbocharging for its petrol engines. In a bid to go one better than the executive-class competition, BMW is planning to introduce a 340bhp turbocharged 3.0-litre six in a sporting 330 Ti model.

-taken from the autocar

The big news, however, is the return of turbocharging for its petrol engines. In a bid to go one better than the executive-class competition, BMW is planning to introduce a 340bhp turbocharged 3.0-litre six in a sporting 330 Ti model.

Sweet. :o

-taken from the autocar

hmm :o

-taken from the autocar

Why not just use the old M3 engine ? :)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo mv,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Is that four times in a row that quote has been quoted? Anyway, regardless of what publication that information came from, the prospect of a BMW turbo six seems a little shady. But even still, I don't think it would be labeled a " ti ".

besides they apparently want to offer something different and attract a different group of customers

if i had the money i would be part of that new market.

but yea calling it a ti is dumb... makes me think of that stupid stupid hatch... ooo i despise that thing

318ticar.gif

makes me think of that stupid stupid hatch... ooo i despise that thing.

Oooh - haha, why do you despise it? I would think there are other things to despise more than a 3-Series hatch. The 318ti was never a very hot seller in the U.S. but it was pretty popular in Europe. Some of the media dogged it for having a rear suspension dating back to the E30, but is that really a bad thing? I always thought the "ti" was kind of a cool little car, particularly in the California Edition with the Sports package, and roll back top, and there is nothing a little M motor could'nt fix.

As for the E36 M3 engine being pricey, and the S54 or a production turbo motor wouldn't be?

^ No doubt that thing is styling garbage. ^

A very clunky design, most of it anyway. I don't care if it is the ultimate driving machine. It should look the part. The old "ti" looked better than this I believe.

Ah, yes - Alcheezas. I didn't think that looked quite stock.

Imagine being the person who invented those for mass consumption. Responsible for one of the cheesiest car modifications in modern times.

And speaking of cheese, dig this ... :???: Check out that wood plank wing. Can you say down force? :)

crap_wanna_be_ricer.jpg

I believe the guy that made that made that as a "joke."

Funny how people waste cars and money like that when people all over the world are suffering...

By the way, Altezzas look just fine on a Lexus/Toyota.

Funny how people waste cars and money like that when people all over the world are suffering.

True, this is something that I think about myself quite often, I long for a time when everyone is taken care of. But I'm sure that jokey Civic cost close to nothing to " modify ". A couple hundred dollars tops.

The most expensive item on there would probably be the rear wheels, which were no doubt picked up out of the newspaper for $99. :wink: I'll bet he gets 75 extra horsepower from that unrestricted exhaust, and saves about 300 lbs. from taking the doors off.

Bleh, you mean the Lancer Evo? Because this wouldn't be a Lexus or Toyota of course.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...