EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

BMW To Come Up With a Supercar?

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

The german Autobild has reported that a radical supercar is being prepared in bmw's workshop.to be called Z10 powered by the mind-blowing V10 recently unwrapped in the m5..so as to make its power surpass 600hp bar bmw is rumoured to be considering an addition of two turbos.And the target weight is under 1500kg.

and some artists impressions :

55715.jpg

55714.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

It's called an M1, we've known they were working on it for over a year. At first they told us it was going to get an I6, but then it became clear it was getting M5 power. It's filling the gap in the model line that the Z8 used to. As to horsepower numbers, that still speculation, seeing as it was just recently that we got accurate numbers for the M5 V10. Call it a guess, but based on the size of the car, the fact it has a magnesium engine, and the fact it will likely use the same aluminum space frame construction used on Z8, and the fact that BMW has recently made large breakthroughs in weight reduction elsewhere make me speculate it will actually see production under 1,500kg (3,300lbs). If they could press the 5.0L V10 up to 600, that would make this a car ready to do war with Enzo, and Porsche CGT, and straight out blow the doors off an SLR. The've had images like that floating around for a while, i was hoping they would have something new. I think we have an M1 forum from a while back with pretty much that same pic and data.

the M1 reaches back in heritage to the 1st M car, one of the greatest performing BMWs, and one of the highest performance cars of its day. They were going to do an I6 powerplant to honor the heritage, but the V10 was just a better powerplant for a flagship. I think they might just call it an M1. They won't make it a Z, since it isn't a roadster, and no other M number makes sense.

i love your sig line, too much horsepower? That's sort of a naive view of cars.

As for downforce, if you look at the shape, the curvacious front with tight lines running back, a low greenhouse, and a spoilered tail, i'm sure it will have trouble generating sufficient downforce.

As for looking veyron, let's wait till we see the finished product to reserve judgement. The most striking thing to me is how small it is.

With a 3 seat design (front midlle) and ultra lightweight materials and design the M1 is going to carry on with the F1 heritage. Now only if BMW would create another V12 super engine the setting would be complete :D

Those bigwheels in the scetches still haven't grown on me though, guess we'll have to see the reall thing before we can judge.

A 700 HP direct injection, M-Power V12, one to carry on the mclaren heritage, that would be sweet.

I don't know if that body is big enough for that, look how short it is from the doors back, there just isn't a lot of room for driveline, a V12 might be a bit big, so I can see the logic to the V10 - to a point. Is it going to be a 3 seat?

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo mv,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Understand that this is an artist's styling concepton, rather than an engineering drawing representing it's true dimensions. The 40" rims should tell you that. ( designers love huge wheels, it sets the imagination free! )

The drawings portray it as a dangerously stubby car, more akin to a Honda CRX. The way it is, I doubt a V10 would fit behind those seats comfortably or safely. The viewing angle makes the car look very elleptical, so it's hard to say what the true volume of the car would be, but it looks about the size of an Audi TT. ( and looks strangely like one )

Judging by the fact that the instrumant binnacle and steering wheel is in the center of the dash, a three seat layout is presumable. How they would cram three seats and a V10 into a car no larger than a TT is anybodies guess though.

M1 is a possiblity, but BMW could very likely choose a numeral that hasn't been used, like M9 for whatever reason.

Two interviews with two BMW's executives came up recently with a completely different info...a product manager basically confirmed a v10 powered supercar whereas the second one said BMW was gonna make a 911-rivalling coupe with a V8 from M3/M4(reminds me of so called Z5 project which was supposed to have a V8 from the previous M5 coupled with a weight of approximately 1000kg)...well,i'm certain that if BMW gave the upcoming M3/M4 at least 400hp(as we assume) it could take on the 911 itself and there would be no need of any other V8 coupe.

Old M5 engine? That thing is a bit heavy to be going into a 1000kg car. Furthermore, do you happen to know how long it's been since BMW made an internationally distributed car that small?

Good luck.

Plus, why the old M5 V8? the new M3/M4 is getting a 4.0L V8 based on the M5's new V10, with all the goodies and is good for better than 400hp. It should do respectably for itself. Maybe not 911 turbo good, but certainly do AT LEAST 911S level of performance.

I've never heard about the 911 chasing coupe.

BMW is very very very secretive too, so my motto is, until you see one in the flesh, or atleast at one of the international auto shows, all bets are off.

• 1 Monat später...
Plus, why the old M5 V8? the new M3/M4 is getting a 4.0L V8 based on the M5's new V10, with all the goodies and is good for better than 400hp. It should do respectably for itself. Maybe not 911 turbo good, but certainly do AT LEAST 911S level of performance.

I've never heard about the 911 chasing coupe.

the second one said BMW was gonna make a 911-rivalling coupe with a V8 from M3/M4(reminds me of so called Z5 project which was supposed to have a V8 from the previous M5 coupled with a weight of approximately 1000kg)

so as to answer your question "why the old M5 V8"

My claim regarding the old m5 v8 was connected with an old project when there was no such thing as the new v8 from the upcoming m3...you see?

BMW engines don't tend to produce " flat " power, case in point - 394 hp. V8, 333 hp. I6, 507hp. V10. Most engines that do are ussually rounded off. It will be more or less than, it's safe to say.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...