EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Any New Info On Updated 7-Series Engines for '05?

PersianJ

Empfohlene Beiträge

I just read in Popular Mechanics magazine for this month that for 2005 the 7-Series will receive updated engines.

It says that the current 745's engine, which is the 4.4 liter 325 horsepower V-8, will be 4.8 liters with around 400 horsepower, and that the 760 Li will get an updated engine also with a lot more horsepower, but didn't say how much. Anyone know?

It also had a picture of the updated front end ... :-?

Just wondering if anyone knows any solid info, especially on the newly updated V-12 .....Thanks :D 8) :P:wink:

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

The new 765i will have a 6.0 liter V12 engine, code name n70, as far as horse power goes I dont know, but BMW says, " with DCS off, the 765Li can break the tires loose at 45mph" now thats what I call power! I think it will be at least 500hp.

Some stiff suspension and rigidised chassis added to this and we could have an M7 :)

I was wondering, does BMW want to position the new 765i against the S65AMG ?

I don't think it would be an equal competition. Maybe I'm wrong, but the thing is the 7 series isn't so light and agile, so to compensate what the S65 has in power but lacks in lightness.

In fact, I don't even consider them as sporty cars, just some muscle saloons, so what I've tried to do above does not even count. The 765i, surely will give an alternative to the S65, but for the buyers with big money I think the merc will be the primal choice: nice and acustomed with appearence, good reputation, one hell of an engine. The 765i will appereare late, so it would already have lost some ground.

Where are you guys getting " 765Li " and " N70 " from?? There is E65 and E66.

A " ridgidized " chassis would merely add weight, BMW chassis stand on their own. An M7 is no where in sight, and a new short wheelbase V12 car with sport package is simply in place to offer sportier minded buyers with an option besides the long wheelbase model. This is not intended to be a horsepower war with the MB 65 cars.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo PersianJ,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 3 Monate später...

the 4.8L i could believe, BMW needs a more potent V8 to better position themselves. How the world has changed, their 282hp V8 unit had them solidly number one just two years ago. Now the updated 325 just won't do.

The V12 needs some extra go, there is lots of room in that motor. E65 and E66 are chasis codes. N70, maybe, I don't know. We'll see won't we?

• 2 Monate später...

the latest info from the autobild indicates it will get the new 258hp I6, two powerful v8s-4.0l with around 325 horses and a 4.8l powerplant putting out as much as 440hp...a tweaked v12 is also set to come and should have at least 500hp

as for oil-burners we can expect 272hp 735d version with a 3.0l TT and a grunty v8 with more than 300hp

I highly doubt a V6 would land in any BMW, let alone a 7-Series.

Also, the range of engine's in that list seems a bit of a stretch. Two available gasoline V8's? BMW is a little more paired down than that.

Mercedes shouldn't though. The S430 is sadly underpowered compared to everything else in its class. To compete, the S-Class needs to start with the 5.0L engine. If Bimmer brought their smaller V8s here in previous 7s, they'd be underpowered and pointless, which is kinda counter-productive in this market. Why mercedes still puts the 4.3 in the S for north america, i just don't get.

I think it may have to do with fact that the S-Class is much less dependent on a sporty image than the 7-Series. An underpowered 7 that can't keep up would indeed be pointless. But a slower, " budget minded " S-Class might appeal to a certain Mercedes clientel. Namely Florida residents over 65. :)

That, and Mercedes just wouldn't feel satisfied if they didn't offer the widest array of models imaginable. Pointless or not.

I think it may have to do with fact that the S-Class is much less dependent on a sporty image than the 7-Series. An underpowered 7 that can't keep up would indeed be pointless. But a slower, " budget minded " S-Class might appeal to a certain Mercedes clientel. Namely Florida residents over 65. :)

That, and Mercedes just wouldn't feel satisfied if they didn't offer the widest array of models imaginable. Pointless or not.

Oh yeah, the endless 65 yearolds singin' on MTV. BMW certainly needs a stronger engine as those cars are more for the 16 year olds that are so childish thinking they can drive away from cops. Unfortunately here in europe you need to be 18 year old to drive. But people under 18 - is BMW real territory. :)

yeah but what is the point in selling a fast car when on the motorway or bypass they are in the overtaking lane doing 50 mph in a 70 mph limit!

perhaps that is why the s class does not have very sporty engines and parts 7 series is a ball to drive but feels like a tank on the motorway because of its size and massive weight :???:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...