EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

How can I make my 330Ci look good?

blk330ci

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Number one, it already looks good. But if you want more oomph in the appearance department, my suggestion is go for a good quality set of wheels. No larger than 18" or 19" at most. And try to find some that fit the clean sporty image of the car, i.e. no chrome spinners :roll: .

Just remember, you may have to consider lowering the car if you go too big to compensate, so I would go with 17" or 18"s.

Nice ride ACS, although I think you should've left the chrome around the kidney gril. It would've gone well with the chrome around the windows. But I guess it's a matter of taste.

Thanks ... the chrome window trim will be gone as soon as the weather is nice and I have the time to install the black trim laying in my living room :)

AC Schnitzer Type-III two piece wheels, am I right? This is a good example of how a good set of wheels can really amp up a car's appearance.

I don't think the blacked out grill is as bad as blacked out window trim, not quite. I think the E46 really needs that chrome flash, and the smooth roofline is good for it.

330, you obviously take great pride in your ride, you never stop talking about it, nice car. :)

AC Schnitzer Type-III two piece wheels, am I right?

Yes, AC Schnitzer Type III 2 piece alloy wheels, 8.5" x 19" ET 36 front, 9" x 19" ET 40 rear.

330, you obviously take great pride in your ride, you never stop talking about it, nice car. :)

How's that, I've only had 10 posts? ... OK, now I've had 11! LOL

• 4 Monate später...

that's definately a very attractive and well done up 330Ci, the rims might be a bit intense, but they fit. It takes a well detailed car to make the type III's look good, and they look good on your car. Have you done much under the hood or in the way of making it drive to par with it's enhanced looks?

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo blk330ci,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
that's definately a very attractive and well done up 330Ci, the rims might be a bit intense, but they fit. It takes a well detailed car to make the type III's look good, and they look good on your car. Have you done much under the hood or in the way of making it drive to par with it's enhanced looks?

Thanks. In addition to the performance mods listed here - http://www.carpassion.com/de/usergarage.php?no=318 I've added an intake, underdrive pulleys, and engine management software.

Man, that thing must handle like it's on rails, it probably makes a CSL's ride feel plush too :D

I have an old E30 318i i toy around with, i've got that on Koenig Tantrum 17" rims with 215/40/R17 Yokahama AVS tires on it (which give me about 1/8" clearance on the ball joint (-:), I've got racing dynamics lowering springs and bilstein sport shocks (i opted out of coil overs because i was lazy and the car was already stiff before I started). I've torn everything I don't really need off it, added a low Racing Dynamics rear wing, xenon headlamps, done a little custom paint on it (like all E30s, it had a thin line of black undercoating along the bottom of the body, i took that up to the door sills and brought it around the front and back, sorta giving me a two-tone look - black and white, which works well since I have black door handles). Under the hood i removed my mechanical fan, power steering and A/C, re-routed the alternator to the A/C pulley to get an underdriving effect, which all told pulled probably 100lbs out from under my hood and freed at least 10-15hp in parasitic drag if not more. I rewired the auxillary electrical fan to kick over at 185F. I did the A/C Schnitzer performance ECU, a remus exhaust, and a cold air intake. The sound the car makes from about 6800-7200rpms is enough to raise goose-bumps on your arm. It's a fun car, especially since it's geared so short. I'd love to get a limited slip diff out back, go from 4.11 to 4.27 (the convertibles had 4.27s), but that's not a priority. The result is a 4 cylender E30 that runs to sixty faster than my X-Type sport and my A8L. They both of course pull past the E30 once i crash into 3rd gear and come off my cam, but by the top of 3rd I've caught up again and hold even through 4th. If I had a 6spd transmission and could keep the revs up, i'd be pretty quick, for a naturally aspirated 4 cylender car with luxury seating for 4 that is. :D

Your car sounds awesome though, it's always good to see people tastly upgrade their bimmers. Have you seen the lamborghini style scissor doors Hamann offers for the 3 series?

8114-115249t.jpg

Man, that thing must handle like it's on rails, it probably makes a CSL's ride feel plush too :D

:wink: Here's a little video I made ...

Right click, save target as - ACS330CiNS27Jun04Lap2.avi

Not one of my fastest laps, but hopefully still entertaining. Watch for the GT3 and the CSL O:-)

BTW, it can't touch a CSL properly driven in anger.

I have an old E30 318i i toy around with, i've got that on Koenig Tantrum 17" rims with 215/40/R17 Yokahama AVS tires on it (which give me about 1/8" clearance on the ball joint (-:), I've got racing dynamics lowering springs and bilstein sport shocks (i opted out of coil overs because i was lazy and the car was already stiff before I started). I've torn everything I don't really need off it, added a low Racing Dynamics rear wing, xenon headlamps, done a little custom paint on it (like all E30s, it had a thin line of black undercoating along the bottom of the body, i took that up to the door sills and brought it around the front and back, sorta giving me a two-tone look - black and white, which works well since I have black door handles). Under the hood i removed my mechanical fan, power steering and A/C, re-routed the alternator to the A/C pulley to get an underdriving effect, which all told pulled probably 100lbs out from under my hood and freed at least 10-15hp in parasitic drag if not more. I rewired the auxillary electrical fan to kick over at 185F. I did the A/C Schnitzer performance ECU, a remus exhaust, and a cold air intake. The sound the car makes from about 6800-7200rpms is enough to raise goose-bumps on your arm. It's a fun car, especially since it's geared so short. I'd love to get a limited slip diff out back, go from 4.11 to 4.27 (the convertibles had 4.27s), but that's not a priority. The result is a 4 cylender E30 that runs to sixty faster than my X-Type sport and my A8L. They both of course pull past the E30 once i crash into 3rd gear and come off my cam, but by the top of 3rd I've caught up again and hold even through 4th. If I had a 6spd transmission and could keep the revs up, i'd be pretty quick, for a naturally aspirated 4 cylender car with luxury seating for 4 that is. :D

Sounds like fun. I wish I could make my car into a dedicated track car, but I have to use it as a daily driver. I'm sure I could really improve it's performance by shedding some pounds.

doing the gring in a CSL is pretty much the holy grail. Hell, getting to run the autobahn in a porsche 911 was a big enough kick for me. It's a dream of mine to get to go run laps on the gring, hopefully in something the likes of a GT3 or preferably a CSL. Oh well, next time i'm in germany.

I try to make it to the Ring two or three times a month during the summer. As of late, there have been no fewer than three CSL's there at any given time. If you play your cards right you should be able to pick up a PAX lap fairly easy ... just be careful who you get in a car with. I shaw a guy wreck a new CSL on the Ring about a month ago :(

with my luck, it they let me drive one, i'd be one of those guys. I'd push too hard and find a wall, lol.

In north america we really don't have anything like the gring, we have some nice tracks, but none really like that, ones intended for roadgoing cars. Oh well.

Oh 330, I love it, especially the violet clover. The way the amber grain just sways in the breeze, and the rolling clouds, it's such an expansive view. It reminds me of the countryside here in Indiana. The car is nice too.

Thanks for keeping it tastefull. O:-)

I never thought of indiana as a pretty place. I suppose if expanses of grain are your thing. Heck, I know people who swear iowa is beautiful, and iowa is just corn. The one thing minnesota has going for it is the lakes. Nothing is better than a minnesota summer at the lake. Philadelphia is hilly, wooded, creeks, rivers, rolling hills, it's a truly nice place. All the same, every place has a long way to go to catch up to san diego.

Rolling fields with no tall building in sight can make you feel so free, Northern Indiana is pretty flat, like a lot of the mid-West. But the Southern end is very hilly and looks pretty great. Many people swear by Brown County which is known for it's beautiful Fall foliage. Corn fields have their own appeal, nothing much can really get to you when you're standing in a corn field.

Yeah, San Diego is nice, if you love aquatic traffic jams, San Diego is the place.

standing on the beach in front of the pool at the hotel del coronado, shielded from the city and causeway by hundreds of palms and a beautiful red gabled building, the ocean due ahead, it's sweet salty taste rolling in on the breeze, the soft crush of waves lapping on the white sand beaches that lead into soft blue, the long rock outcropping off to your right and the bay between the island and isthmus it creates, tranquil and serene. To your left the sight of small and large masts of sailboats clipping on the wind, the far off tossing sound of their bows breaking the waves and the tails of their sails flapping freely in the breeze and the shadow of the flags high in the sun waving over me, I could not help but just think "this is where people are meant to live".

enough beautiful women - wearing - or not wearing the right things can make any place attractive, but it's attractive because you aren't in a very solid state of mind (not that it isn't fun), but the point was that this place alone with nothing else was absolutely stunning - stunning when you are totally lucid and your mind isn't competing with anything else for blood flow.

Is it just me - or is it wierd that there are no women ever on this forum?

It's sorta like this computer tech shop class i had in high school that was all guys, even the teacher would engage in vulgar humor and no one was worried about offending anyone. It was like professional atmosphere meets men's locker room. This forum has that sorta feel. The good old boys club.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...