EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Bangle to leave

Kevin321

Empfohlene Beiträge

Got this off of Bimmerforums.com

"BANGLE ON HIS WAY OUT

It looks as though the controversial relationship between BMW and its chief designer,Chris Bangle,could be coming to the end of the road,Auto Express can exclusively reveal.

While the flamboyant stylists radical remake of the German company's range has divided opinion across the car world,BMW has remained fiercely loyal to him.Now however there are rumours that the American,whom we interviewed exclusively back in issue 773,will step down from the hot seat in less than a years time.

According to our source at BMW HQ in Munich,word has it that Bangle will stay for the Global launch of the 1 Series this autumn,before declaring that his daring brand rethink is complete and that the time has come for a new design boss to take over."

What do you guys think?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Kevin321,

kennst du schon Bangle to leave (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I think this is the most information you've ever given in a single post :wink: .

Did he actually announce that his work was complete, and that he was stepping down, or was it more of a " show this man the door " sort of thing? Either way, I'm interested to see how another lead designer will clean up Bangle's cars.

I doubt, however, that BMW will spend the resources to relaunch all the new designs. Therefore, I think we are still stuck with the core designs that Bangle is responsible for. I don't know what they can do to the preexisting designs, maybe LateNight can comment.

You're right, we'll be looking at the same basic shape of the cars for a while, but cleaning up the sheet metal and such would not be too big of an investment. Reshaping the grill, and headlights, smoothing out the " flameing " in areas that it doesn't really work and so on.

Bangle himself has admitted that the 7-Series didn't really turn out as he'd hoped. For example, the wheel to body relationship is a little off, contributing to the " boaty " appearance. One of the compromises of production.

If the upcoming 3-Series ( E90 ) gets too big, or stacks on too much weight, the design will pretty much be in the pot no matter what. I hope thats' not the case.

Wow, this quite possibly could make this a good day even better, it sure would be good news to see bangle walk out the door for good. It'll at least be interesting to see what ends up happening with the 1 series, has the potential to be a very fun little car.

-Scott

where do people keep getting this number E90, that is the least logical designation i can think of.

anyhow, i see this as amazing. I think bangle's designs offer great potential, and now somoene new, normal, and fresh minded can come in and really combine elements to make these designs really remakable.

The 3 series is all about small, lightweight athleticism.

Word is the new 3's leading standard engine is going to be a 3.5L unit good for no fewer than 280hp.

Wait wait did he just say: "declaring that his daring brand rethink is complete and that the time has come for a new design boss to take over"?! Somebody should really slap some sense into him, he really believes he did some good.

Yeah it's illogical, but until they tell us what the designation really is, I guess we'll just go around calling it E90.

I don't think Bangle's designs hold an ounce of potential, the 6-Series does at most. His sense of asthetics is deeply wacked. Yeah, your mission is complete, now get lost you egomaniacal freak!

The whole BMW line is beginning to get complicated. 1-Series, 2-Series, 3-Series, 4-Series, which is a lot like the 3-Series. Huh? I hope they don't go all Mercedes on us.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Kevin321,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I think the 7 could use a few proportion adjustments, overall it's pretty good. The 6 is in need of an original tail, but again, not too bad. The 5, well I'm no designer, but I'd say they have their work cut out for them. We have yet to see the extent of which Bangle has "designed" the new 3 and the 1, but, we shall see.

Music to my ears.

I think his " step down " is more of a " got fired " :D . They're just letting him hang around for the 1-Series introduction to save face. Has anyone asked him if he has another job lined up? He doesn't? Oh well. :wink:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...