EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Cool Car Compitition

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

This is a poll game. Basically I make matches between 2 cars and you vote for YOUR favorite car between the 2. After a car gets 10 votes it wins and moves on to the next match. In the end only 1 car is left standing. So on to the cars.

Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT vs Porsche 911 Turbo

Lamborghini Murcielago vs Ferrari F50

Ford GT40 (new) vs Porsche Carrera GT

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs Dodge Viper GTS

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

No, No you have to vote for a car in the highlighted match. Like a King of the Ring. This is the way I would like to see it.

Lamborghini Diablo vs Porsche 911 Turbo > Porsche 911 Turbo

Lamborghini Murcielago vs Ferrari F50 > F50

Ford GT40 vs Porsche Carrera GT > Porsche Carrera GT

Corvette vs Viper > Corvette

Semi Finals

Porsche 911 Turbo vs Ferrari F50 > Porsche 911 Turbo

Porsche Carrera GT vs Corvette > Porsche Carrera GT

Finals

Porsche 911 Turbo vs Porsche Carrera GT > Porsche 911 Turbo

WINNER: PORSCHE 911 TURBO

So what do you like more the Diablo or 911 Turbo.

This is a poll game. Basically I make matches between 2 cars and you vote for YOUR favorite car between the 2. After a car gets 10 votes it wins and moves on to the next match. In the end only 1 car is left standing. So on to the cars.

Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT vs Porsche 911 Turbo

Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT

Lamborghini Murcielago vs Ferrari F50

Ferrari F50

Ford GT40 (new) vs Porsche Carrera GT

Porsche Carrera GT

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs Dodge Viper GTS

Dodge Viper GTS

I also think its unfair to put the Ford GT40 up against a car that is $300k more.

I believe it should be paired with the Ferrari F60 then it would be as fair as it could get i think.

So what are we talking about here, ultimate performance, balance of the overall package, what? Because if you mean performance, as good as the ZO6 is, a Viper GTS could outperfom it. And a Vette would beat the Viper in the total package.

So what are we talking about here, ultimate performance, balance of the overall package, what? Because if you mean performance, as good as the ZO6 is, a Viper GTS could outperfom it. And a Vette would beat the Viper in the total package.

IMO he sounds like he jus wants a poll of which car would outperform the other. Hope that helps.

An SRT could beat a ZO6 in performance, but GTS could not. The 2006 ZO6 is slated for a 24V pushrod V8 with variable valve timing with 7.0L of displacement and OVER 500hp. That will be hard to beat, especially since vette is getting smaller and lighter for C6.

Explain how you see that happening. Lets put it this way, all drivers being experts of their own respective cars, the Viper would win. It would be a close match, but on the track, the Viper just has more to offer in the right hands. Go for the gusto I say.

By the way, ZO6 with an "O" :) .

in numerous tests and track races i've seen, the ZO6 is a faster car than the GTS, it not only puts its power down better on launch, it has much more top end, and it's gearing is shorter, which works to its favor. Viper is fast, but the C5 ZO6 edges it. The Viper SRT can edge the ZO6 pretty nicely, but the GTS can't.

450-460 hp. and 490-500 lb.ft. of torque compared to 405 and 400 is what I call top end. The Viper would outrun ZO6 eventually anyway.

Thats why my vote goes for the Viper GTS. And don't forget the ACR model.

• 1 Monat später...

not to mention its sexual.... haha. i never really liked vipers, the whole 8.3litres to make power thing bothered me. i dont like the disp. of the zo6, but it has my respect becase its not a 1-4 mile machine. its fast, and has great handling. two thumbs up

the vette is an american classic, and so far the closest thing to a world class sports car we've made. I like it, though i think it needs modernization, and it is sexier than the viper. The viper is angry looking, but not at all sexy, and let's face it, sexy is good :D

unfortuneately, vette isn't as sexy as say, a 911, or any jaguar.

• 2 Wochen später...
Explain how you see that happening. Lets put it this way, all drivers being experts of their own respective cars, the Viper would win.

I just saw this question today-- I spent 3 days at the Bragg smith Advanced Driving School outside of LV, NV last summer. At the school we were able to drive the regular C5 vette and the Z06 vette-- This is where I draw most of my knowledge on the C5. It was the last school of the season and accordingly only had 4 students -- so i got to talk one on one with the instructors and mechanics there quite extensively. The instructors there (who I would consider professionals) shared stories of cars they had gotten to drive on the track. From what they told me (one of the instructors actually owned a viper hartop) the Z06 and viper are very well matched. They did say, however, that the viper was a little more prone to oversteer and beacuse of this, produced slower lap times on that particular track.

On a side note, the difference in fell going around the track in a Z06 vs. a regular C5 in NIGHT & DAY. -- A lot of which is attributed to the tires that come standard on the Z06 vs the other models.

Other cars they had on the grounds during the weekend included a lotus espirit TT -- which they said was not as fast as the z06 and could not put up with nearly as much hard driving.

The lotus esprit TT is as fast to 60 (4.8) as a vette, has lots of top end, and has handling to go up against any car, i have hard time seeing that being an inferior track car (for a number of reasons), but totally agree with that it most likely is far less reliable and is more sensative to abusive driving. It might not be as good for some things, I really don't know, it just seems against everything i know that it would be an inferior track car.

The ZO6, aside from not having the stupid EMT tires that are on the standard C5 is lighter and has stiffer spring rates. It should ride and handle tighter.

• 3 Wochen später...
in numerous tests and track races i've seen, the ZO6 is a faster car than the GTS, it not only puts its power down better on launch, it has much more top end, and it's gearing is shorter, which works to its favor. Viper is fast, but the C5 ZO6 edges it. The Viper SRT can edge the ZO6 pretty nicely, but the GTS can't.

That is a new one to me. More top end in a ZO6 than a GTS? What are their top speeds again?

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...