EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
Anmelden, um Inhalt zu folgen  
MBenthusiast0

What do you guys think about the v6 Cayenne?

Empfohlene Beiträge

MBenthusiast0
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

I've done some research and noticed that the v6 cayenne will be coming out around early-mid 2004...having around 247 bhp with 229 lb/ft of torque.. Oh yea...i noticed that it goes 0-60 mph in 9.1 seconds.

what do you think about this?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

I think it is great! Maybe the people who buy these will get into a pre-owned 993/996 someday.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

V6 cayanee. That is mental illness.

I have a hard time believing it.

If it's true, it is sad.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Porsche has really thrown in the towel with this one. For the first time in modern history, there is a Porsche no rival has anything to be afraid of. If the engine is Porsche's own, then they are in the sellout game for the long haul. Covering the market with a V6 SUV on up to the Carrera GT, Volkswagen is deffinately in the driver's seat. Who wants' to bet that a four-door is next?

I think the only good to come out of a V6 Cayenne, is if they made Cayenne sales their primary source of profit, so they could afford to sell 911s' at dirt cheap prices.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben
For the first time in modern history, there is a Porsche no rival has anything to be afraid of.

Latenight I have to disagree! Based on Car and Driver, they claim the only thing better off road is the Range Rover and nothing comes close on road. After driving the S, I would buy one in a heart beat.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

A V6 Cayenne in the second best off-roader around, is that what C&D said? Uh huh. I'm sure any Jeep is a more capable off-roader, Ceyenne is no threat to any true off-roader. And the Cayenne V6 is not scaring a BMW X5 4.6is or an ML55 AMG any time soon.

What I'm saying is that, a Porsche SUV with a V6 is not really anything to be sweating over at a stoplight.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben
A V6 Cayenne in the second best off-roader around, is that what C&D said? Uh huh. I'm sure any Jeep is a more capable off-roader, Ceyenne is no threat to any true off-roader. And the Cayenne V6 is not scaring a BMW X5 4.6is or an ML55 AMG any time soon.

What I'm saying is that, a Porsche SUV with a V6 is not really anything to be sweating over at a stoplight.

my appoligies, I thought you were talking about the 8's. They were talking about the standard S. Anyway, Jeeps are GREAT off road, but I don't think a libby or a Grand could hang with a Cayenne.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

i dunno, the Jeep Grand cherokee may not be the image of high build quality, but it's all wheel drive system (quadra-drive) which uses gerotor pumps to hydraulically lock and unlock diffs and redistribute torque is pretty top notch, and with the 4.7L HO V8, it turns over a 0-60 of 6.9. That isn't too much slower than a stock V8 Cayanne, and would rape any V6 cayanne.

Oh btw, where is this V6 coming from. last time i checked porsche doesn't make one.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

This V6 is comeing from VW, more specifically, the Touareg, and R32. Porsche is doing it to help push 70,000 Cayennes.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben
.....and would rape any V6 cayanne.

rotflmao.gif

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

yeah, it is the 3.2L VR6, sourced from VW (sadly), and will produce 250hp.

Wow, 250hp and they had to get the motor from VW.

is nothing sacred.

J-man
Geschrieben

Porsche is losing its focus.

It's a sports car builder, and one of the best at that. Why they decided to tarnish their image with an SUV I don't know (well, I guess I do, for money of course).

The Cayenne S is okay, the Cayenne Turbo is at least very fast for an SUV, but the V6? Come on! 247 hp in a vehicle that weighs about 5600 lbs, has a pitiful 9.1 sec 0-60, and it dares carry a Porsche badge???

The only good that can come of this is the undeniable profit that it will bring Porsche. Now let's hope they use that profit in a meaningful way, like getting back into competative racing at Le Mans. . .

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Last I heard, Cayennes' weren't exactly flying out of the showrooms. If a top of the line model won't sell, a V6 model is not going to cut it at all.

skyline_r34v
Geschrieben

It's got 247hp and is only 3 tenths of a second faster than a civic ex?

That's pretty sad and a damn shame to have Porsche badges on it.

They're jus disgracing themselves, i think.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

are you kidding, a porsche cayanne for sub 50k? that will sell like hotcakes and drive like shit. It'l be great, just like every other american SUV.

8-ball
Geschrieben

Now a days you need all the high tech gadgets. That's all the the Porsche Cayenne is. Porsche is arguably the best supercar maker. Plus half of the people buying the Cayenne are probably pimping it out. I think they did it so the price would go down. If they put their own engine in it it would be a lot more expensive.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

they put their own V8s in there, we are just argueing about offering it with a V6 at all, much less the plebian VR6 from volkswagen.

ShinyG
Geschrieben

My opinion:

Good side:

Affordable price

Kicks ass offroad

Bad side:

VW engine (yuck)

Slow if U consider Porsche's history and all

I'm a Porsche fan as much as U guys are and I think that Cayenne is a nice "compromise" (If U consider a 450 hp beast yhat can tear apart any road a compromise)! This engine is, on the onther hand, not that kind of a compromise! I hope they don't release a diesel Porsche (BLASPHEMY)!!!

Conclusion: marketing sux! marketing destroyes everything that is good and expensive, making it cheap and purely STUPID!

skyline_r34v
Geschrieben

Like i said its a pos and whoever thought of ne kind of SUV'd Porsche should be shot right then and there.

Diavolo
Geschrieben

I for one don't care if they sell a V6 Cayenne (or a 4 door sedan for that matter)...These are the cars that would keep Porsche in business.

I'd rather have Porsche SUVs and sedans, as opposed to not having any Porsche at all! If they never made the Boxster or the Cayenne, do you think that the Carrera GT would have been financially viable for the company?

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

I wouldn't say that stuff like the Cayenne are what keeps Porsche is business, they would still be in business without it, just on a much smaller scale. Although the Cayenne most definitely keeps VW in the money.

Schreibe eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag schreiben und dich dann später registrieren. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden, um einen Beitrag zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorhergehender Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Anmelden, um Inhalt zu folgen  

• Neu erstellen...