EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

What is the Best S.U.V. Ever?!?!?

dr.caddi revolution

Empfohlene Beiträge

Some of us like SUVs, as of this week, I have 3 in my family.

They are practical for me atleast. I am always hauling projects I'm working on, things I need to move, furniture, large items I just can't fit in the trunk of a small car. In Minnesota (we have weather like siberia, literally) 4 Wheel Drive isn't convienient, it is a neccesity. I throw my SUV into 4WD pretty often. In Philadelphia, we have weather like southern scandanavia, not unbearably cold in winter, but when it snows, it's bad. The land rover is nice to have. really nice to have.

And I do take my SUVs offroading. Sports is that they go off road. Utility is that you can haul a lot of shit.

And my Suzuki and My Jeep Cherokee both turn over 0-60 of around 8.0 secconds, my land rover does it in about 9.0, not fast, but good enough.

The V10 in excursion is because that is the only ford gas engine big enough to haul a car that big.

V12 is goofy. You don't buy an SUV to go fast. Talk about bad gas mileage, a range rover or escalade with a V12.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Europeans tend to sneer down at SUV owners because they are limited by their European environment. I guess if I lived in a small country with narrow streets I'd like hot hatches too.

There are two types of vehicles I own, two seat sports cars and SUVs. I take no interest in "sport" sedans because sedans are not sports cars. Between a sports car and a SUV I get capability that eclipses the sedan.

SUVs can transport people more comfortably over LONG drives that we take here in the US. I can take several friends and all their camping/ski gear, I can hull a boat to the lake. That's why there's a "sport" in SUV, because not all sport is about race tracks.

The V10 in excursion is because that is the only ford gas engine big enough to haul a car that big.

V12 is goofy. You don't buy an SUV to go fast. Talk about bad gas mileage, a range rover or escalade with a V12.

Ford use the V10 because it is a very smooth engine, the Triton V8 is too noisy and unrefined. If it's just about power they would've used a supercharger.

A V12 Range Rover is not at all goofy. It needs it for the same reason a Rolls Royce has a V12, refinement and effortless acceleration. A Rolls don't have 531 lb/ft of torque to hull horse trailors. In some countries diplomats and business leaders ride in armored SUVs and not big sedans, there's definatly a market for them.

the bias on suv drivers can be equated to that of import racers. most of them do it because its "cool". however there are a few who actually make use of their time and money. unfortunately they(the few) are picked on because of the idiots of the world.

Here are 2 things I don't like about SUV's

1. 90% of the people who have one, don't need one. They will never use one in the way it was ment to be used. The fact that manufacturers are building these vehicles for speed instead of power is proof of this.

2. Most of the people driving an SUV have their headlights set too high so they shine right into your face!

there is nothing more annoying than when an suv/truck's lights are less bright with the high beems on behind you. its just some mom and her kids. that is just as annoying as the car with the 'performance' exhaust that isnt performing enough to go away faster.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...