EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The new BMW 3-Series ruined by Chris Bangle!!!!!

Dresol

Empfohlene Beiträge

ricer= someone who makes their car "look" fast instead of making it actually fast.... ricers can use their "technology" on many cars to make them look ricey a.k.a. tacky. pretty much putting something on a car that doesnt need to be there. you tell me what the functionality of that wing is on that m3? will he be going 200mph?

rice rocket = a car that looks fast, but is slower than stock, or just as slow with all of its useless non functional appliances bolted to the car.

any type of car is subjected to rice treatment. this applies to ALL cars. if something is added to the car to make it "perform" better through asthetics... its rice. a ferrari with clear taillights would be ricey. porsche with a double decker wing, rice. bmw with a gtr wing, rice. these are all thing the cars do NOT need. wing maybe, but more than likely those wings provide no effect what so ever unless you are going really really fast. clear lights do not add 200hp. neither do stickers, or wings. http://www.craigfr.com/rice/def.html

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 91
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

READ THIS AND ITS EXACTLY WAT I JUS SAID

Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, Mitsubishi Eclipses, Subaru Imprezas, Toyota Camrys, Corollas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow.

Now like i SAID the REAL meaning of rice doesn't pertain to

ALL cars with senseless shit on it that doesn't net nething in HP

REAL rice is only pertained to Imports and/or low classed

economy cars/sports coupes.

Now the GENERAL idea of rice pertains to ALL vehicles. Yes

I GUESS u could call it rice but its not TRUE rice. Learn the

difference between REAL rice and the commonly used definition

of rice.

Now like i SAID the REAL meaning of rice doesn't pertain to

ALL cars with senseless shit on it that doesn't net nething in HP

REAL rice is only pertained to Imports and/or low classed

economy cars/sports coupes.

Now the GENERAL idea of rice pertains to ALL vehicles. Yes

I GUESS u could call it rice but its not TRUE rice. Learn the

difference between REAL rice and the commonly used definition

of rice.

So says the Skyline_r34v Dictionary of Automotive Terms :wink: .

Why get so heated about the true meaning of " rice "? Everyone knows a BMW is not Asian, so what everyone means is that the silver M3 on the last page is generally riced, or " rice style ". It is kind of, there is no denying that. I think it is generally agreed upon that an M3, no matter how " riced ", could never be a ricer.

agreed LNC... you took the words right out of my mouth... true/general definitions aside, the pictured BMW had "rice styling" applied, and a style can not be confined to a single brand or group... its a style. And again, call it what you like, i definately don't like it when people do that to their bimmers.

Scottwal

a park bench wing is rice. No one drives a stock production car (barring mclaren F1) capable of using that. It's for looks. Altezzas are just to draw attention.

The money in my car doesn't go into making it look fast, it goes into making it deliver. I can't tell you how many times i've raced guys with body kits and exhausts, lights, lowering kits, spoilers, all asortment of things, people told me i'd be waxed, it just didn't happen. Some cars wtih rediculous stuff on them are fast, not many. Anyone who puts an a big spoiler on the back of their front wheel drive car is rice. It's just looks. Sorry.

Rice is "look at me" attention grabbing things that sad people put on cars to make you think they are faster than they are. Things like the famous V-Tec sticker that adds 30hp.

you forgot to mention that some of these v-tec cars are pretty fast, you know, like those type-R saturns... LOL. people are weird, i mean some people actually think it makes their car look good :-? they truley beleive their car looks amazing with those wings, stickers, NEONS!!!! its sad.

My favorite is the riced Camry. "Man, my camry be dippin on awl yo shitz"

Yes, i've been told this before. The camry had a body kit, and exhaust, and some bizzarre other tweaks, and the jaguar ate it alive.

Wat's so bad bout undercar neon's? I found there's nothing wrong with having them.

And sum BIG WINGS actually add downforce. Jus cuz i

own an import and an eclipse doesn't mean i'm gonna go rice it out

by puttin a huge spoiler on it that doesn't do nethin but sit there and look ricey. I check out the ppl i'm buyin it from

and i email them askin questions like, "do u have proof it actually provides downforce to ur car"

and if they say they don't then i'm not buyin it cuz then it would be a rice object on my car.

I only put things on my eclipse that i know r useful and not jus make me look like a rice patty.

But there's noway my eclipse can ever be rice becuz when i do start makin it look better

its also got the performance to eat u up as well.

LMFAO so true polarfox i had a guy cum upto me tryin 2 sell me his

1997 riced camry saying it could do 1/4 mile in 9-10 seconds. All it had was a 25shot of nitrous in it and i tried so hard not 2 laugh.

I was jus like WOW nice car and i tried 2 reframe from laughin so i didn't hurt his feelings.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Dresol,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

downforce?

An eclipse is a front wheel drive car, as most cars i see with wings on them are (Integra, Civic, Accord, Celica, etc), adding downforce to the back of the car does you no good. Why do you need to press the rear wheels harder against the ground on a front drive car? In a rear drive car at greater than 150mph it might do some good, but most of the wings out there were never desgined for aerodynamics anyhow.

Wings offer downforce to the wrong end of an eclipse.

hmmmmmm thats true never actually sat there and thought bout that

you mean to tell me all this time , with all your mods, you didnt think about the actual advantages and disadvantages of your modifications?? all those ricey wings do is add weight to the car.. and in your eclipses case, the wrong end of the car. also i saw you said your eclipse will eat us... please explain to me how a "287hp" eclipse can eat us???? LOL maybe blehs car :D no offense to bleh, but its a stock civic, however he admits his car is slow. im curious bleh, do you have any "rice" parafanalia on your honda?

lol my eclipse will beat an EVO III in 1/4 mile dependin on driver. So you saying its a slow pos huh? :lol:NOT hardly

And the wing i bought wasn't for this car it was for my previous 2002 eclipse that is in the trash heap now.

Back then i knew alot bout racing but i forgot 2 focus on the "duh"

facts of racing. That was about 11 months to a year ago i didn't pay attention and never thought of havin downforce on the back of a Fwd would never do nething but weigh it down. I still never thought

of it until fox jus said suffin and now i realized how right he was.

I had the "it provides downforce 2 the car" on my brain and never

actually thought it'd do nething 4 my car.

Now i focus on everything and so i don't make the same mistake and

have a riced eclipse like i had last time.

i never said your car was a slow pos, i just wanted to know why you thought it would eat us.

But there's noway my eclipse can ever be rice becuz when i do start makin it look better

its also got the performance to eat u up as well

see you said it there. and this.....
Now i focus on everything and so i don't make the same mistake and

have a riced eclipse like i had last time.

how many eclipses have you owned?

If u look at my car pool not ALL r Fwd cars. So ur so called "park-bench" wings have been left stock on my

skyline and my gto vr-4. So uh no :wink: i'm not takin them off

mainly becuz they do provide downforce.

Next time pay attention and use ur head when u make a smartass comment.

U might not look so stupid next time. :wink::lol:

This is my 2nd one. The 1st time i ever owned an eclipse it was a Sporty (auto with manual feature) and was a 2002. It was riced.

I didn't like it 2 much cuz the auto made it helluva lot slower than the 5spd.

I kept redlining it until the engine busted. Well thinkin i'd get a new car they jus put a new engine in it.

Well the 2nd engine was a lemon str8 off the shelf and i actually took care of it and it still messed up.

So i took it back down there and said if they didn't replace

this lemoned engine then they better get me a new car.

They talked to HQ and after i went on the trip to virginia the 2nd engine was replace by the 3rd engine in VA.

When i got home Mitsubishi finally told me instead of wryin bout

this engine they'd jus give me a new car and have it settled.

The new eclipse i have now is obviously my 2nd eclipse.

It's running gr8 and jus like it should now exactly how Mitsu has made a name of

themselves with their engines.

And i said a slow pos (no offense to bleh) cuz u said it could outrun

bleh's car cuz its stock.

I was also talking bout the guy SERGIO was makin himself look stupid.

If u look above the ur 2nd to last statement u'll see his

smartass comment.

If u look at my car pool not ALL r Fwd cars. So ur so called "park-bench" wings have been left stock on my

skyline and my gto vr-4. So uh no :wink: i'm not takin them off

mainly becuz they do provide downforce.

they provide downforce at 150+ mph. btw who looks stupid?

And also yes i know they provide downforce in excess of 130+MPH.

U don't think i have all these performance parts on these cars jus to

stay under 100mph do u? :)

And sry that it sounded like i was directin my comment towards u

DJ; i should've said SERGIO but i figured he who said it knew who

i was talkin 2 when i made that statement.

Wow, he thinks i look like a fool.

nifty.

An eclipse is front wheel drive, and you are adding downforce to the back, i don't think any more has to be said. At high speed, you are adding downforce the wrong end of the car.

no offense to bleh, but its a stock civic, however he admits his car is slow. im curious bleh, do you have any "rice" parafanalia on your honda?
Mah car is da sheite, n i blaze lambos all da tyme. s'all bout da hp/liter and V-T3CH y0!

sorry, had to release the inner thug. yea my car is slow. 16.0@89mph in the 1320. i was hoping nobody would call me out on the rice factor of my car, but yes when i bought the car it had a fart pipe, 2.25in catback. if i had the $ i would replace it. it is loud but it doesnt have that raspy sound that i hear in a lot of other exhausts.

other than that the car looks stock. stock rims, wingless, nothing fancy anywhere.

as far as the downforce debate goes: you can use downforce in the rear on fwd cars, but thats only at high speeds and if you have more than enough downforce in the front... which most fwd cars dont. but why have a wing in the rear when you can have a diffuser? less weight less drag.

EDIT: less weight, less drag, and not UGLY AS SIN.

Wow, he thinks i look like a fool.

nifty.

An eclipse is front wheel drive, and you are adding downforce to the back, i don't think any more has to be said. At high speed, you are adding downforce the wrong end of the car.

who the hell said nething about u looking like a fool???

a wing on the back adds downforce to the back, by doing this, it also forces the front end up slighlty. Forcing the front end of a front drive car up is bad for business.

Look 4 posts up from ur last post and u'll see who i'm talkin bout

in that post. U will clearly see i put SERIO's name in there. :wink::wink:

And i think we as a whole already established that wings on the rear of Fwd

drive cars is bad can we get over it and go past it now plz ty.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...