EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

12 000 rpm !!!!!????? it is possible

Radikal

Empfohlene Beiträge

Somebody tell me that he can turn up to 12 000 rpm with is 325i 1985 tuned with new cam........ he said that is car turn off if he dont play with the truttle to 3 5000 - 4000 rpm.

Can all of this can be possible , i think that 12 000 rpm it's imposssible but tell me what u think about that !!??

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

if you totally balance an engine, and go with a violently high lift cam, yeah, you can. It will beat the hell out of the engine, and it won't idle period, but it can be done.

i dont understand why someone would do that? way too much money envolved in perfectly balancing and blueprinting an engine. fox, do you think that you would actually gain hp highend if you did it? im not sure but i think that with all this you could rev that high, but what is the real benefit?

revving that high wouldn't do you much good unless you were drag racing, drag racing, and only drag racing.

You can balance and engine pretty well for a reasonable sum of money, balancing well enough to go to 12k would be a real pain. Not only that, to get enough air in and out of your car to pull that off would not only be so loud you'd have to wear an aviation headset (i'm not even kidding), you likely wouldn't be able to idle the engine without stalling. If you could get the engine to run well at low rpms, you'd still be lackluster on low end torque.

There is no real reason to have a car rev that high. You are only asking to through a piston through the hood (yes, that actually does happen).

I see no reason you'd ever need to rev past 7,500rpms to get enough power, 8k tops. Anywhere beyond that and you aren't even making more horsepower, you are just transfering low end torque to high end)

• 2 Wochen später...

ha!

I can just see that poor gearbox having the sun-gear sheered clean.

too bad they don't put a stick in there, hey, if you tuned yours up to 1000hp (which sounds pretty possible) that would be a perfect excuse to do an auto-manual swap!

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...