EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Any doubters of the mighty bugatti?

imported_felix

Empfohlene Beiträge

i dont know how any one can say the bugatti isnt that great. What? 1001 bhp isnt enough for you!?!?!? when are you ever going to need 1240bhp. 252mph is plenty enough for me! i heard that the moment, the bugatti is so fast, if you floored it, it would take off! lol. hope they sort that out before its put into production! :wink:

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I have my doubts about the Veyron aswell. I think this is more a showcar, to show the world what they can do, instead of a serious production model. Like you said, Who even needs that much power? Unless you wanna show off.

The bigger male gender theory comes into play aswell :)

When you buy a car like this though, of course you want to show off!!!

The gt is nice, but the bugatti looks better, has better performance. Only problem with the veyron is the price, and that is a MAJOR problem!

even if i had $100,000,000,000 dollars, i'd still have something like a GT, which can be fixed by a ford dealer anywhere. If i had a catastrophic break-down, help is always nearby. Plus, I like working on my cars myself. Even if i were f-ing loaded, i'd still get sick if I broke some $30,000 part on a car.

I said this in another post before, but I figured I'll say it here too.

First, I just think it is a very ugly car. Period...I don't think that there are any good looking parts of it. I hate the grille, headlights, hood, rear shape, spoiler, exhaust system, and the shape of the windows. I also think that a QUAD TURBO W 16 SHOULD GET WAY MORE THAN 1001 HP. Ferrari is able to get a plain 6.0 liter v-12 to push out 660 hp. I also think it should be a lot faster for the power it has. The Mclaren F1 has almost 400 hp less than the Bugatti, but does 0-60 mph in only .2 seconds less and has a top speed only 10mph less. I would like to see Mclaren build a quad turbo w16. How fast do you think that would go? Everyone loves the Bugatti for its speed, but look at the size of an engine! Of course it will be fast with an engine that big. If I built a car with two jet engines in the back that could go 275 mph, would you like it, or would you just think it is stupid and can't be compared with cars with normal sized engines? That is how I feel about the Veyron. Yes, it is fast, but no, it cannot be compared to regular v-12s, etc.

And also, you said who needs 1240 hp, when you have 1001 on the Bugatti...Who needs 1001 hp??? Who needs 500 hp? 50 hp could get me where I am going, you dont NEED anymore, but it is better...

no, it is how well engineered the car is that makes all the difference, horsepower is part of it, but by no means all.

and secondly, on what modern nation's roads can you safely get from point a to b on with 50hp?

Of course hp isn't everything. I didn't mean to imply that it was. It is a factor, but there are many other things just as important. And also, you are right, 50 hp is enough. What I was trying to say was that claiming 1001 hp is good but 1240 is too much is just dumb. Both are a crazy amount, and neither one is needed, but they are both wanted.

• 4 Wochen später...

A Quad-Turbo W16 doesn't necessarily have to get more than 1001HP. Depends on the original engine displacement and design, and on the turbochargers as well. Besides, they didn't seem to want much more than 1000HP. Makes sense, since they seem to be having enough trouble as it is with controlling the current 1001-horse herd.

As for whether you can "safely" get from point A to point B with 50HP, I'd have to say that's actually safer to do so on the roads of a modern country. As it is, many cheap starter and learner cars in North America and Europe have from 50 to 100HP. That's about enough. That kind of power would get you performance that's just enough to get you moving. It's not likely to give you skull-shattering tire-exploding performance, but no doubt 50HP SHOULD get the job done. It also depends on the weight of your car. If you're driving a minivan with 50HP, good luck. On the other hand if you're driving a Caterham-ish sports car, your roadster/sportster's chassis is guaranteed to weigh well under a ton (in some cases as low as 400kg), which means the engine will have an easy time with it. Then again I guess no one would feel safe in a super-light-weight car. But my point is, 50HP IS enough, depending on your specific task or need. At the other end, I don't neccessarily think 1420HP is TOO much, though it IS freightening. I can't ever imagine myself in any car with more than 500HP, unless it gets better milage than a German-built Diesel/Electric Hybrid. And even then, I don't think I'd ever even need to shift to 3rd or even 2nd, with 500+ horses. That's needless on your average busy "Modern Nation" roads.

I am saying that the 92hp hyundai my freind has cannot in any way safely merge. passing is out of the question. i'd say 500-600hp is the most you should ever need, 250 is more than enough most cases.

When the hell is anyone going to be doing 252 mph on the road anyway? The rich flossers who would buy the Veyron would friggin' kill themselves! This car reminds me of something you would come up with in high school study hall. " My car makes 1001 horsepower and goes 252 mph. " " Well my car has 2000 horsepower and goes 400 mph. " My point is, who gives a crap? That car will never create half the smiles as a lot of cars with half the power, and smiles are what really matter, thats why enthusiasts are enthusiasts. :P

Performance like that isn't fun, it's just scary. And I'll bet it's a blimp in the corners. :wink:

it has to be a blimp in corners. Look at it!!!! All of the active chasis technology in the world isn't going to repeal the laws of physics. Physics says objects in motion tend to stay that way, 4,100lbs is a lot wanting to stay going one direction. I have more respect for cars like the Saleen S7, Ford GT, Koenigsegg CC, Porsche Carrera GT, cars that were designed to be 100% pure applicable road performance.

The plane I fly doesn't even get to 252mph.

Actually, the 740 Sport I just aquired weighs about 4,100 pounds and it's a track star in the corners, but I doubt the same would be true of the Veyron - there's just too much going on with that car to have it's moves down pat.

i have to agree. a 740i is also 50:50 weight distributed. Veyron won't have that. What i think bugatti is hoping for is that with 3 computer controlled electronic torsen differentials, they will be able to manhandle the veyron around the corners. 740 is amazing. My best freind wants to get one he can tweek up, he already has the form for the custom liscence plate filled out. The plate:

DAS BOOT

he wants to go out and beat rice - and have that be what they see when he takes ahead. Keep in mind an M5, one of the best handling sedans bar none is almost 4,100lbs.

I have to disagree with almost every post on this. The Bugatti is underestimated. The videos off this site are crap cause they dont show the Bugattis potential. I havent posted here in awhile but hopefully Ill start posting up again. If you want to see the Bugatti is all its glory go to http://www.supercars.de/?show=specials/bugattiveyron# Its not even it all its glory since it only goes to the 4th gear in the video but you get the idea of the Veyrons power, speed and everything. Much better video of the Veyron there. PS what is this doin in the American Forum? Shouldnt the mod move it?

and it's done.

It is underestimated? Final Specifications have yet to be officially released, I doubt anyone can say for sure. If it is (as I believe) a car well over 4,000lbs, then the laws of physics (which no number of cylenders and pretty chrome can repeal) dictate that this just won't be the sort of perfect 10 car everyone expects.

The McLaren F1 was the ultimate in performance, but its reliability and cost issues put a huge damper on it.

Veyron will have reliability down, its still exorbant, and it is wicked fast.

When will we ever get the full package?

Well that second movie kinda sais enough, the Veyron is too heavy for it's own good. I don't know who that driver is, probably some profesional testdriver, but he is very very carefull around the corners, he doesn't have confidence in the car. In a different car this would have been a whole different story, he would be going through those corners much faster.

And with good reason, in the 2nd and 4th corner (specialy the 2nd, he almost loses control of the rear) the driver tries to get a little bit more out the corners but the car immediatly punishes him by breaking out, understeer all the way. The second time around he is much more carefull.

He starts breakin way ahead of time, much much much too sone for this car to be in any race. Any other car will out brake and overtake it.

Again I don't know wether the guy driving the car is an amateur but seeing they are test vehicles I don't think Bugatti would let anybody unexperienced near them, my bet is that those guyz are profesional drivers.

After seeing those movies I am confinced that the Veyron is way too heavy for a sports car. It's all straight and no corners. In their ambition to build the biggest baddest engine VW overlooked the fact that the car would handle like a ton of bricks. If you listen closely you can even hear the 4 turbo's blowing like a hairdryer.

we all love the high pitch hairdryer whine right? for $800,000 (that is, by the way, more than my house costs) don't you want loads of turbo whine? Any sporting driver would get sick of a car that couldn't handle, or be handled. The videos were severly dissapointing, i thought with three electronic torsen diffs they could force it through the corners, allow it go further into oversteer without loosing control, and thus keep speeds up, but it appears it becomes unstable.

Sorry to say, your videos have only convinced me more veyron is a dud.

we all love the high pitch hairdryer whine right? for $800,000 (that is, by the way, more than my house costs) don't you want loads of turbo whine? Any sporting driver would get sick of a car that couldn't handle, or be handled. The videos were severly dissapointing, i thought with three electronic torsen diffs they could force it through the corners, allow it go further into oversteer without loosing control, and thus keep speeds up, but it appears it becomes unstable.

Sorry to say, your videos have only convinced me more veyron is a dud.

Actually if the turbo chargers wern't on it, you would hear more of the engine.

Actually if the turbo chargers wern't on it, you would hear more of the engine.

Okay... am I the only one not understanding what you are trying to say?

The point here is that you are paying a huge sum of money for a car that has not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 turbo chargers. Ofcourse for people in the knowing that is a sign of a bad engine but for rich people it will probably be something to brag about.

yes, it does have 4 turbochargers, but it also has 16 cylenders. It has one turbo for each bank of 4 cylenders. essentially, it is a cluster of 4 turbocharged inline 4s. Each has its own intake and exhaust manifold. Add up enough cylenders, you can have lots and lots of turbos. Truly having more than 2 is just for show, especially since bugatti blows 9lbs of boost. 9lbs is not that much.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...