EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Boxster or Z4??

colinsmith

Empfohlene Beiträge

Lately it has been bothering me. I have seen several comparsions of these two cars. None seem to be consistent about the winning car. What is your opinion? Personally I like both(leaning towards Porsche).

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • 2 Monate später...

how the hell do you figure that?

S2000? S2000 may take a boxster by a little around the track, but on the streets the boxster has far more applicable performance.

It has much better steering and is far more comfortable than a Z4.

Also far sexier and less bangled.

And no S2000 is coming close to blowing my Boxster S out of the water. Period.

I'm not just talking about winning the overall comparo (which the S2000 did in C&D) -- I am talking about quickest lap times.. I know the C&D test was done at beaver run near pittsburgh (where i grew up).. It's a fast track with some great, tight little curves...and S2000 was the fastest thing around the track (test was Honda, porsche, nissan, z4 and TT turbo). It also was the quickest to 60 if my mind serves me correctly. Did the boxster in the motor trend comparo beat the honda and nissan around the track ? or did it just win the overall comparo... ? (which would have to do with interior design and refinement and passenger space etc etc etc.)

I think a lot comes down to the driver. I think about a year ago there was a test between a Boxster and a S2000 on a Euro Car and Driver type show. Any way, I am pretty sure the Boxster was the leading car on the street driving and on the track, I am not too sure about the 0-60 or 1/4mile though

It does come down to driver a lot of times.

I'm a Bimmer guy myself, but even I would have to go with the Boxter, just because it has a more palatable appearance. Bangle's designs have to be among the worst in the history of the automobile, I mean that.

Boxster handles better, but Beemer's faster and newer looking. If I were going to choose I'd definitely choose the Beemer. The price for a modified Beemer (such as a Hartge) is less than the price for a modified Boxster S. And it looks gorgeous in White, Silver, and Black. For me, it's a no-brainer. But for many other people I know the Porsceh wuold be the one. Their reasons are good enough too, and I'd probably agree, but I'm getting tired of the current Boxster. The Z4 is a fresh and welcome change.

• 3 Wochen später...

Fox: The seats are uncomfortable? What're you talking about? Everyone agrees that the Z4 is the more civilized of the 2 in terms of comfort. I sat behind the wheel of a 2.5i and it was very good. Better than a Boxster. And I absolutely love the Z4's styling (not that it couldn't be better). The steering isn't imprecise, but I admit it does fall a bit short of the Boxster's steering, but not much at all. In fact you're not likely to notice it much nless you try both cars, and take them to over 70MPH. I don't know what you'er talking about with the Engine noise.

PorschePlayboy: I can't agree entirely. The Z4 looks good in ALMOST every color, but I do agree that the Bozster looks better in pretty much every color. It might be because the styling on the Boxster is more mainstream and normal.

Well I test drove both today. My vote goes to the Boxster.

I never went over 75 so I didn't take it far enough to see the difference in performance between a 3.0i and the regular Boxster. The Porshe did have some niceties in its favor.

1. Way more trunk space (trunks both front and rear in Boxster). If this is to be your only car, the Boxster wins hands down for convenience.

2. Much nicer dash. The BMW has a forgettable interior.

3. Less blindspot issues with the top up.

4. Feels exotic, the engine is behind you and the windows roll down and up an inch when the door opens. Cool.

5. Though beautiful, the BMW doesn't really have the same timelessness and head turning mystique of a Porsche. This may sound conceited, but that's what roadsters are all about.

To be fair, the BMW is just as fun to drive, the seats are more comfortable. Finally, despite similar MSRP, the Boxster comes out a few grand more than the 3.0i when everything is added up.

Still, you feel the Bimmer is reasonably priced while the Boxster is a bargain for a Porsche. One day, driving a Z4 months from now, I may wonder what it'll be like owning a Boxster. But I think I'll have no buyer's remorse the other way around.

• 2 Wochen später...

I'd prefer the Z4 3.0!

In my opinion it's one of the best cars for driving through the country and enjoy the beautiful (Bavarian :D ) landscapes and of course the wonderful roads far away from the cities. A very good car for corners.

I wouldn't buy a Boxster because I think either a 911 or no Porsche at all :wink:

whether it lives in the shadow of 911 or not, boxster is in and of itself a great performing car. I'll agree the best of germany is all in bavaria, but still, even if porsche is from sedate stuttgart, it is still a phenomenal car. The steering is perfectly clean, the handling crisp, acceleration spirited and sporty. It has the porsche good looks. The Z4 is a great car, but it has drawbacks.

Z4 may be bavarian, but Boxster is the better car.

I think I'm misunderstood...

I didn't say in any word, that the Boxster is a bad car. A friend of mine had one and I've driven it a few times, so that I was able to create my own opinion about it.

Please don't take that Bavarian stuff too serious. :wink: I liked to say that in a ironical way but I think I failed... :oops:

All I wanted to say was, that the Z4 would be my personal choice and if I bought a new Porsche it would be a 911 and nothing else.

Just my 0,02$ :wink:

Good night gentlemen

• 3 Wochen später...
how the hell do you figure that?

S2000? S2000 may take a boxster by a little around the track, but on the streets the boxster has far more applicable performance.

It has much better steering and is far more comfortable than a Z4.

Also far sexier and less bangled.

And no S2000 is coming close to blowing my Boxster S out of the water. Period.

a s2000 can get near your dumb little boxter S wow it sucks

you are only convincing us you're a fool arty. S2000 cannot, nor was it ever menat to, compete with Boxster S, handling, acceleration, features, in no category is it superior (besides abnoxious 9000rpm exhaust note of the year award). S2000 is a very good and respectalbe sports car, and a blast to drive.

It is not better than Boxster S, that's just common sense.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...