EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

phone charging with bluetooth kit in a 3series

PitbuLL

Empfohlene Beiträge

i'd like to know if there are some people here that have a bluetooth car kit in a 3series, or know a lot about them.

I wasn't present when my mother ordered the car, but the salesperson told her that you have to buy a nokia phone for it to be able to be charged in the car, since they have a gold connector on the back of the phone. He told her that his SonyEricsson T68i worked fine with bluetooth, but that it couldn't be charged 'cause it lacked that connector.

Now this REALY sounds strange to me, since the gold connector he's refering to is the external antenna connector, not the charger connector.

I remember that in the catalogue of the 3series, there's a picture of the bluetooth kit with a nokia 6250i installed between the two front seats, so that phone could be charged. But what about other phones, like Siemens S55 or the earlier mentionned T68i.

So bottom line, is it true that only a nokia can be charged in a 3 series bluetooth kit ? And if so, WHY THE HELL DID THEY DO THAT (not a big nokia fan here ;-))

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Bluetooth carkits are mostly interchangeble. The thing is that bluetooth is a transportation layer and not a protocol layer, which means that every manufacturer could have their own way of encoding the sound and transport it over bluetooth. I though Sony/Eric, Philips and some other mayor GSM manufacturers agreed to use one standard, not sure about it though.

The golden connector on the back of every phone is the AUX antenna, it has nothing todo with charging the phone. I think the sales person was reffering to the phone holder. A Eric/Sony phone would not fit into a Nokia holder and vica versa. Maybe BMW doesn't have any holders for Eric/Sony phones.

I don't know about the Siemens S55, maybe you should try and tell us about it :)

I like the MB approach to the whole phone thing. The charger/bluetooth antenna is under the front armrest, when you buy a new phone you can easily take the holder out and replace it with another one.

Bluetooth carkits are mostly interchangeble. The thing is that bluetooth is a transportation layer and not a protocol layer, which means that every manufacturer could have their own way of encoding the sound and transport it over bluetooth. I though Sony/Eric, Philips and some other mayor GSM manufacturers agreed to use one standard, not sure about it though.

Bluetooth is a standard, no doubt about that. And every bluetooth enabled phone will work with the car kit.

I like the MB approach to the whole phone thing. The charger/bluetooth antenna is under the front armrest, when you buy a new phone you can easily take the holder out and replace it with another one.

i'll most defenately ask them about this. Unfortunately i'm stuck here for a couple of weeks (exams), so i won't be in the vicinity of that dealer before the 24th.

Hehe, i might even use the MB story for some leverage :P

• 3 Wochen später...

Hi,

I just also ordered a 330d with the bluetooth carkit. But I've heard that you need a snap-in adapter for your bluetooth cellphone, otherwise it doesn't work! Is this true or not? I also have a T68i

thx,

330d

I have a 330d with the bluetooth kit. The dealer said that the adapter (currently available only for Nokia 6810, 1 Motorola , 1 Samsung and 1 Ericsson) is needed if you want to have the phone numbers on your sim card displayed on the 16/9 screen. Without the adapter, you cannot use the steering wheel command to select a phone number from your directory. Although you can receive calls, you have to use the mobile to dial a number.

I tried to connect a Nokia P800 but it didn't work.

I'm waiting for the adapter for the Ericsson T68i that should be available in July (in France).

I'm looking for:

* official list of compatible phones

* official list of compatible adapters (delear said more than the 4 currently available should come)

If someone has a link or reliable source, please post.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...