EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Will there be a S65 AMG?

Xcellere

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Alright, there will be no CL55 AMG version, the CL AMG car is the CL65. The CL65 has a type 12 engine (Just like the S600 and SL600) but this one has newer, larger turbochargers and intercoolers. The S class will retain the standard type 12 and supercharged 5.4L. Neither SL nor S will get this new AMG retuned V12.

• 2 Monate später...

where are you getting 720?

I have seen numbers like 790ft/lbs of torque, but horsepower numbers somewhere in the low sixes.

only issue with giving it to S class is then it is more powerful than Maybach - and merc won't do that I think.

• 2 Wochen später...

UPDATE

Rumours say that there will be a S65 with a completely new drivetrain and 7G-Tronic tranny. According to sources at MB this car is currently under testing allong with the CL65 and SL65. If the new drivetrain passes the tests, the torque limiter can be removed.

There are again rumours about BMW and MB thinking about removing (or having an option to have it removed) the speedlimiter.

you can remove them right now, look to the left of your screen at the ads for the VMAX modules.

I assumed they'd be using the new box. That thing will be a beast turning through the 7G. I hope that gear box is all its hyped to be.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Xcellere,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes AMG (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Power figures are overbloated a lot of the time before a highly anticpated car comes out. Before the E46 M3 hit the streets it was rumored to have 350 hp. Don't expect to be rolling out of the dealership in a 700 hp. Benz anytime soon. And about the Maybach, that car is kind of kooky, it can't decide if it wants to be retro classic or high-tech.

well, 333 is only 17 short of 350. 760Li was supposed to be 400 and debuted at 440. Styling on Maybach looks way too S Class in the front. If they found it neccesary to ressurect the long dead marque, why not make it look atleast a little different. 700hp is pushing it a whole heck of a lot from the 493 in S600.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...