EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Buy 911 Turbo now, or is there a new version coming out?

Xcellere

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Would this be your first Porsche? Why don't you buy used and get a 993 Turbo if you are thinking about upgrading in the near future. This would save you some money plus you would see if you even like a 911 Turbo. The Turbo S has come down in price, check those out. Hope I helped.

Why a 928 when you can go for a 996...? Or just save your money. That's ALWAYS the best thing to do. Then maybe in about a half a decade or something you could buy a Carrera GT and pimp it out!

but in that half decade you could be driving a 928 and loving it. I'd be too nervous driving a car like that anyhow, some idiot would probably back into in a parking lot. Then i'd have to run him over. twice.

A 928 is a lot like a corvette, just more refined. It is not like a 911 much at all, but is still an awsome sports car.

I would love to say buy a 928 GTS, but I can't. The last one produced is all ready 8 years old. Its too hard to find one with a 5-speed and in great shape. I would go with the 996 TT over the MBZ, I think you would have more fun. Then the other side says go with the benz as it might make a better daily.

• 3 Wochen später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Xcellere,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche 996 / 997 (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

To be honest driving any of these cars would make me nervous. If anything happens to any of these cars wile I'm the owner, I'd have to find the perpetrators and run them over a few times, then throw them into rush-hour traffic hoping they'd get hit by several buses.

The Benz seriously does make a better daily. By the way, have you ever seen the kinds of looks people who drive Porsches get? You don't get that much attitude from people if you have a MB SL. But drive even an old 928 and people will throw you dirty looks of jealousy left and right.

• 7 Monate später...

So you're from Germany, can you back up your claim? We love it when people can back up their claims.

I would believe it though, a V8 911 is a really a bad idea. Aside from heritage, having an eight cylinder 911 would just drive the price ever higher.

Porsche may be brazen with the Cayenne, thats' an easy commercial decisian, but a V8 911 would be messing with the car that made them, it's too extreme. They finally got the tail under control after all these years, and have been honing the flat-six concept to perfection. They don't need a big 4.5 V8 in the tail compromising that progress.

i'd love it if they stuck with the flat six for sure. I think the V8 would lower the price though actually, they make a lot more of them with the cayanne and all, it is of a simpler design, and from what i can tell it is an easier design. I don't like the idea, but i doubt it would drive the price up much.

i'll dig around and see what i can find on this.

Well, here are some things I have learned. Porsche sold 46,200 911s' and Boxters' in the 2003 model year, down from 54,234 the year before. Thats' still more than the 20,600 Cayennes' sold, which exceeded their expectations apparently.

911 and Boxter share different variants of the same engine, but even if they didn't, Porsche still builds more six cylinder cars than V8s'. That being the case, I don't think a V8 911 would be any cheaper in terms of the number of engines built.

Fox, you're good at this. Do you know the external dimensions of the 4.5 V8 compared to the 911 flat-6? I'm thinking that it's quite a bit bigger and heavier. A big turbo wing might buy them some room, but the standard Carerra has a very sloped back. Not a lot of room under there, plus they have to accomidate the retractable spoiler. I can see Porsche possibly building a V8 homologation special so they could race with a V8. But to make the entire 911 range that way would require the whole shape and size of the car to be changed. It just seems so drastic. That would be turning the car from a high revving compact machine, into something akin to a torquy rear engine Corvette.

I think the ball is really in the court of the competiton in a way. As long as they stay six powered, so will the 911. I hope.

Here I am reeling on, and I don't even count Porsh as one of my all time favorites. But the 911 is a great hallmark. This is serious business.

in the UK mercedes benz have a reputation for being in the dealership being fixed and a car journalist named Jeremy Clarkson has one and has said its fine for a couple of weeks and then its back in being fixed so think of the repair costs cause mercedes charge a fourtune to service and repair.I personally would go for the turbo as its lighter , faster and more exciting to drive. :)

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...