EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New Corvette Moray Photos

a007apl

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

wow, that looks like something on the GM skateboard platform.

It is the ugliest iteration of the corvette I've ever seen. I hope I never have to see one in reality. Something looking like that - all "george jetson" would betray the classic american agressive style of the vette.

Yeha that's right, French! They're making kick-ass cars if you haven't noticed. Of course they might not look like your conventional BMW sports sedan copy, but they're better in everything from new technologies to economy and emmisions. They're the Switzerland of car-world. That's why they are sso successful. I'd definitely consider a Renault-speed or Peugeot Coupe over the new Corvette (which will probably be expensive as hel, too).

Eeeeeew that thing is horrible!! I agree with polar here. What I'm wondering is how do you get into that thing... i see no aparent doors ot glass openings.

btw: French make "nice" cars but their engines aren't as durable and parts are really expensive (over here).

Yeah maybe it's like that "over there". But everywhere else, French cars are quite cheap. And I see quite a bit of bias from you towards the French cars. Have that checked out before you rag on an independent auto industry like the French.

It'll never work - too futuristic, not aggressive looking enough, and it veers entirely too far from the styling we've come to expect of the Corvette.

And a French car over a Vette????!!!! :-?

Yeah maybe it's like that "over there". But everywhere else, French cars are quite cheap. And I see quite a bit of bias from you towards the French cars. Have that checked out before you rag on an independent auto industry like the French.

Well seeing as this topic has nothing todo with the topic I'll keep it short. My father has a Laguna estate and it's a nice car, feels like getting behind the steer of a gunship, but not my taste. It also preforms very well and drives very smooth, as if ur hovering over the road.

I have nothign against the French car industry, I was just stating facts. I have seen lots of Megane's having critical parts fail or needing engine overhauls before their 5th year of life. A french car might not fail for a long time but once it does fail it's most likely a expensive part and seeing as French parts are overall pricey, it usually costs a pretty penny to get it fixed.

Yeah, GIR, and as I said, that might be a problem whereever you live (with French parts bein' expensive), and maybe the models you're talkin' about are older ones. I haven't seen French cars fail, even older models with no spare parts in Iran! And Soapy, yeah I would rather drive a French car than a 'Vette. Especially now that Americans are boycotting everything from France and Germany, I think I'll boycott American Cars and opt for something deliciously European, be it French or German.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo a007apl,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

the french simply are not pragmatic in their approach towards cars. When a swedish, german, or english engineer sits down - he lays out goals for his car, and looks for the most efficent, elegant, durable way to achieve them. The french engineer looks at what the swedish, german, and english engineers are doing, he thinks up something complete tangent, and does it just to be different. I applaud the french for being brave enough to be divirgent, but in a matter of practice, if you don't live in france, french cars are not practical (their esoteric engineering and lack of support make them very impractical).

Yeah, GIR, and as I said, that might be a problem whereever you live (with French parts bein' expensive), and maybe the models you're talkin' about are older ones. I haven't seen French cars fail, even older models with no spare parts in Iran! And Soapy, yeah I would rather drive a French car than a 'Vette. Especially now that Americans are boycotting everything from France and Germany, I think I'll boycott American Cars and opt for something deliciously European, be it French or German.

<----- I've added my location to my profile.

As i stated I've seen Megane's fail before their 5th year in life so they can't be that old. I don't know why you say that parts are cheap all over the world, cause over here they're not and also hard to find.

When I was in College (1996) A friend of mine burnt his engine just by driving 140km/h on the highway from Eindhoven to Amsterdam. He had to wait 2 months for Renault to ship a new engine finally decided to go pick it up themselves. A new Megane coupe... burnt by just driving 140!

A co-worker had a Scenic (this was in 1998) the electric curcuitry just died on him, he had to spend a pretty penny to get it fixed, don't know how much but we all know electronics weren't cheap then. The Scenic wasn't that old in those days. I think that car was just 2 or 3 years old.

Another co-worker has had 3 Clio's (company cars, leased) already. I wonder how long this one will hold out.

I don't know what the rest of the world thinks, but over here french cars have a very bad reputation. They are cheaper however (hence lots of lease companies have them), the catalogue price is way below that of german or japanese cars but parts come at a much higher price.

Well hey as I said, again, French cars might have a bad reputation in like the Netherlands or something, but they're not really bad. Also, maybe you get the crappier versions. And by the sound of it Holland hasn't struck a good deal with the French; hence you have to pay more for spare parts and stuff. And as for how good French cars really are: they wouldn't be named the Switzerland of car-world for no reason. And I'm not making that up. They are independent and innovative, and by the way I can bring many eamples of why they are good cars. My uncle owned an old Peugeot sedan in Iran (way back in the day), and it was a 1970's model. This car just wouldn't break down. In fact, we took a long trip with it once, going from one city to another over a highway at more than 150KPH (average), reaching 160+ for the better half of the trip. And the car had been worked pretty hard prior to this as well (this was back in 1992-1993). And the truth of the mater is that that old piece of junk didn't need any services at all (other than gas). And we didn;t even have to refuel very often. And this was an old old old car. Aso I read many excellent reviews from even the British and American critics.

• 2 Wochen später...

if the french built cars like the japanese, then they wouldn't have to worry about parts network, but they don't. If they had a parts network like the americans, then they could have their levels of quality. I must say, I'd sooner drive a model T than a renault.

Well, maybe you would, but I'd still seriously consider a French car (of course it doesn't matter because we don't even have any up here - at least not new ones). But I know you're right on with the "parts network" issue, which the French have yet to even create! Well, maybe if (or when) they do become like the Japanese and Americans, then it'll be a completely different story (because also logically by the time something lie that happens French cars themselves will have changed dramatically as well - hopefully for the better).

And speaking of the model T, I would rather go for a model U (if they make it). I'm sure you already nkow about that. That model U is very impressive. Maybe if the platform could be modified into a high-performance coupe of some sort....

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...