EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

AUDI RS4

Carl

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

On 2002-01-30 18:57, Carl wrote:

Hi Guys!

anyone driving an AUDI RS4? If so, let us know to exchange some facts. Are you satisfied? How is the quality and so on..

regards

Carl

Hi Carl; I drive RS4 with ABT chip (420 cv), UUC short shifter, brakes & pads & suspensions Quattro Gmbh, Milltek exhaust. In contact with good number of italian fellows all driving RS4. We did meet on track already and this month an article recapitulating our last meeting shoul appear on italian magazine ''ELABORARE''

Cheers

SM

Very Nice car Carl. Those Big Red looks cool. Hows the ABT against companies like MTM and Hohenester?. This is a Swedish tuned RS4 thats very nice. http://www.audituning.com/galleri/rs4.html 625hp. If you are intrested in the kit it just costs $61353 =). Is that stock Exhaust on your car?. Found this RS4 exhaust on another Swedish tuner wich i think looks awesome. bildid38.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seb on 2002-02-01 17:39 ]</font>

Hi!

my exhaust is stock, but i will change to the forge/mtm exhaust including new race cats which will add another 30-40 hp. will post new videos then.

regards

carl

Max. power 470 hp (346 kW)

Max. torque 427 lb-ft

Changes. New turbo-back stainless steel exhaust with race cats, new air filter, reprogramming of ECU.

This is from a Swedish tuner that uses MTM parts. Theres one more level before you have to go into the motor. With new turbos and manifolds you will get 505hp and 434 lb-ft of torque. The RS4 with a real exhaust gets very good sound waiting for those new videos. Very nice car stock love the black colour most rs4 i have seen are Silver wich looks good but not as the black.

As posted in the earlier days we are a group of RS4 owners; two of them have MTM chip for 95 oct gasoline (420 hp) whereas another one got same for 98 oct plus MTM exhaust; the power read through a bench test showed 463 hp. My car should be in the region of 430+ hp after having installed Milltek exhaust (pipes plus end part exluding cats); i'm rather proud having raced faster than a 360 modena during last meeting at Imola circuit organized by Italina magazine ''AUTO'': on the 200m from standstill I did 0.205 sec faster than Ferrari. I would discourage people from more aggressive tuning (480+ hp); the lasting life of engine would be shortened substantially

cheers

sm

Seb, I do not normally race on track, but I bring my car on circuit 3/4 times a year for private sessions. Re mods I would definitely suggest Quattro suspensions which are great whereas brakes of same firm are definitely better than stock ones though do not bring as much advantages as the suspensions do. The engine with ABT chip (which I'm sure is as good as MTM or Oettinger ones) give you a more ample breath at full throttle and differences with stock engine are not amazing but definitely noticeable. The sound of Milltek exhaust is something that this car deserves whereas you cannot avoid the installation of UUC short shifter had you intention to enjoy a 1st/2nd gear at full rpm without loosing gear. Mods in addition to these I listed would change the nature of the car too much, a possibility that I dislike

Cheers

SM

On 2002-02-04 18:41, Seb wrote:

sm do you race on tracks?. How do you handle with that understeer?. Can gou get it better with modifications.

Nice sm so how does a modded RS4 compete with for example a BMW M5 on track. Only seen 1 RS4 on track that was stock it had terrible understeer. I know the car is very fast on normal roads and also on the Ring thats not realy like a normal track.

Cannot answer Seb never had a chance to see m5 on track. understeer on my rs4 noticeable when curving with open throttle and esp off, something i felt with 996 c4 too. owise hv not met a car faster than mine on italian highways (the ones i most drive) as yet; got few battles with Porsche (actually a 993 Turbo also), M3 but the ones which most enjoy this kind of - stupid let me say if consider the related risks - games are normal cars which have got benefit of most of the time external mods. Recently i hv been chased by an Alfa 156 v6 with larger wheels and strange exhaust (hv seen the latter when i decided it was time to let him pass); the mad guy curved on two wheels to keep behind me risking life at each curve; as soon as we reached a long and straight piece of highway i seen 250+ on speedo with alfa still there; it started losing -dramatically- distance as soon as the clock was above 270 kmh........the Porsche 993t mentioned above did not keep the game so long.

Cheers

SM

A4 has a looong clutch, i wish they did something better to RS4.

Is RS4 V6 a "normal V-engine" or is it VR6 type with tiny angle and cylinders in only one side of the engine?

Is there any difference in how it sounds or in the engine vibration amount bethween the normal-V and VR6 engines?

• 4 Wochen später...
Gast TORSEN TRACTION

speaking of RS4 we have a S4.

we chipped it and now it has 315 hp and 366 ft-lbs of torque 0-60just under 5 seconds! plus with a torsen in the center or the Quattro system.

i love it and i also love the RS4! sweet stuff :smile:

My previous car before RS4 was S4 avant. I had ABT chip on this too with 310 hp; very fast car, similar to stock RS4 at lower rpm, suffering when getting to red zone (RS4 goes behind this troubleless); impossible to exploit engine performance hever due to undersized brakes and suspensions-

Cheers

SM

• 2 Wochen später...

RS4 Abt, 420 HP, 540 Nm at 3000 RPM, Vmax 290 km/h, built 10/2000, right now 34kkm :

Quite happy on overall performance, weak point are the brakes, got already 3 complete new sets. Thinking about Porsche brakes, 380mm, offer on hand at 5 kEUR for both front units. Car has much better overall performance compared to the S4.

• 2 Monate später...

:( put the chip in my rs4... should turn 420-440 hp

but in fact 0 to 100 in over 9sec!!??

as i accelarate the power increase rapidelly then the turbos are strangled! at 3500 rpm until 5000 rpm then again a lot of power...

they said that my car is a early car with a special command unit... the power increase too much and the compter turn it dwon

They have to change an eprom in order to allow the power to increase

any one with the same trouble??? (the chip is not the ABT)

we also have a chip tuned car. its not a fast car(seat alhambra tdi 140phb)

after some weekes we had some problems the car had a boost at 2500-3500 en than it was usless, en than after a few monds the car had now boost at all he was so slow.

we went to oure garage and the put oure car on the testbank there they found out that oure boostmeter was broken. costs(400euro)

after they repaird it ran just fine

:):)

• 2 Wochen später...

What you are feeling is a main problem in turbocharger cars. When a manufacture choose to use small turbine units to reduce the turbo lag and Audi makes it very well, you get a super low mid rev response but a poor end response. So if you want end rev response you will need big turbine hot sides and complete new custom exhaust system rated to this power. New cams are recomended.

lost of power at 2500

in fact the first rsç did have a software allowing an greater pressure raise

with the chip set the computer is finding an to high rate of raising and is saying oh god it is too much then he cut the raise then again after a few second allow it again... giving a boost agait after 5000 rpm

solution you shall order the correct eprom to Audi the the thing are working fine... but not sure that we get more power

i shall check with the accelorometer soon!

• 9 Monate später...

What's the Maximum Torque on that engine? And at what RPM? I wonder if the S4 engine has a higher Torque-to-horsepower ratio than the RS4 engine....

Edit: Nevermind I just read two data-sheets and they're pretty much the same. And disappointing altogether because I'd like to see Torque at at least the same level as HP (in lbs-ft.). The more Torquey an engine the better. Guess I'll have to look into diesel then if I ever want to buy an Audi 4 or 3 series!

Edit (again): I wish the S4/RS4 had a rocket-booster :wink: easter egg like the M3!

• 2 Wochen später...

Schreibe eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag schreiben und dich dann später registrieren. Wenn du bereits ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde dich zuerst an.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorhergehender Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Neu erstellen...