EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

1 series/M2

imported_BillCA

Empfohlene Beiträge

In this month's "Roundel" there's info on the future 1 series M coupe as running the E46 M 3.2L 333hp six. That would be pretty hot in a 3000lb car but I wonder if there really will be a twin turbo 330hp 3.0L, why not use that?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_BillCA,

kennst du schon 1 series/M2 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW M Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW M Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I agree. The existing 1 series hatchback is just under 3000 lbs. so I'm guessing the coupe would be at least that much. It would be nice if BMW would cut the wieght and do it right though. On the engine, my preference would be the E46 M3, really nice high reving, sporting although the twin turbo would easier and cheaper to up the hp with by raising the boost with a chip.

BMW will be making a return to turbocharging in the near future - something they haven't played with since the 70's. But it won't be of the drastic kamakazi style that the Japanese are known for, but rather more integrated so as to preserve the smooth and wide range of power that BMW is known for. It will be on a six, but I don't recall the details.

Versions designated as X35i will boast a twin-turbocharged (two stage turbocharging as in 535d) 3,0 litre I6. The peak power is expected to be in the 330-350 range. But naturally there is an enormous potential as the 272hp diesel can be easily tuned via ECU upgrade to roughly 350hp.

Next up is the V8. :lol:

The M version of the 1-series is unlikely to appear. And if it came up, it would be powered by a 300+hp V6 based on the current M5's V10 (four cylinders cut off).

I think it's a pretty done deal BMW will do an M 1 series and I'd bet on some version of the I6. I was just over at Dinan and they doubt BMW will actually produce a twin turbo version of the 3.0L I6. There've been turbo rumors in the past decade (same for a V6) but not much has happened. Dinan now has the supercharger kit available for the E46...420hp, 460hp with intercooler. Now that would be hot in a 3000lb car. They say it's getting so difficult to back engineer the ECU's that this will probably be the last supercharger kit.

• 1 Monat später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_BillCA,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
There is already a 1-series M Sport. I think this will be the max for the 1-series.

Maybe so.

As full on M cars become more expensive, I reckon we might see more "M-Sport" models in the future.

Thanks for the link. That car is very cool. The car I've been talking about will be a 2008 model, a coupe and convertable. There is an Austalian mag that has images of both in this month's issue (sorry can't remember the name). They're still talking about the 333hp e46 engine in the coupe.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...