EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

why audi... why?

djfux69

Empfohlene Beiträge

the decision on making the rs4 an N/A v8 makes me sick. it doesnt make sense.

the competition shoudl always be

s4-m3

rs4-m3csl

but now the m3 will be competing with the rs4, only im sure the m3 will cost less.

where will the s4 go?

i think the s4 should be 400-420hp tt v8, or a tt 3.2fsi and 48-60k

the rs4 should be the same motor as the s4, but bigger turbos. 550-650hp. 75-85k

im not loving the new audi. this upsets me because audi had everything i wanted. luxury, power, utility. there isnt a car out there that can compete with the b5 s4(imo) in terms of a great package.

if i wanted an n/a car i would buy a bmw, but i want FI. MB is still to heavy, and none of the beasts are offered in awd.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

V8's landing in previously six-cylindered or turbo'd cars is a bad trend. It's the power wars that are to blame, and regardless of expertise, it's simply easier to add cylinders and go big.

M3 should be a straight-six or four, and the Audi should be turbo something. The new developments take away from the individuality of the cars. It's a shame.

• 2 Wochen später...

I agree with you. It is really not good that the actual development go to big V8 engines instead of V6 3 litre (Bi-) Turbo engines.

But as i heard the new RS6 will get a V10 (Bi-) Turbo engine which is about 500-600 hp. :-))!:-))!:-))! 8)

I agree with you. It is really not good that the actual development go to big V8 engines instead of V6 3 litre (Bi-) Turbo engines.

But as i heard the new RS6 will get a V10 (Bi-) Turbo engine which is about 500-600 hp. :-))!:-))!:-))! 8)

yeah i heard it will be a variant of the audi le mans quattro . which uses a v10 tt gallardo motor... well its almost a gallardo motor.

• 2 Wochen später...

the one thing that no one has ever asked about audi is will they ever make a production version of the audi r8? , if that car were to be made for the road it would tear the competition apart with its if it featured a similar v8 bi turbo spec engine so the question is im hoping is that audi are considering on making a road going version of the audi r8 and a replacement for the quattro and i would also prefer if the new audi rs4 was a coupe and not a saloon since it puts up the weight! :evil:

I'd rather have a bigger more drivable engine, even if it makes the car a bit heavier, rather than having a small engine that must be hardtuned and consumes allot more energy! I think Audi made a wise decision..

• 2 Wochen später...
I'd rather have a bigger more drivable engine, even if it makes the car a bit heavier, rather than having a small engine that must be hardtuned and consumes allot more energy! I think Audi made a wise decision..

more drivable? what was wrong with putting a chip in the b5 rs4 and getting 500hp? not to mention that the b5 rs4 still got decent mileage.

i know i get A LOT better mileage now with a chip and im closer to 350hp.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo djfux69,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Audi (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

There used to be these rumours indicating some 600 horses (or even 630hp). But since audi apparently doesn't intend to carry on the HP race ( remember the new RS4) the latest rumours saying it will have a 510-530hp NA V10 are more likely to turn out to be true.

it makes plenty of sense. audi tuned m conservatively across all air pressures and rpms. the chip probably leans out the cruising rpms that have low throttle and gives the right amount for the upper rpm boost settings.

but the real reason the chip makes more power is that it ups the boost. fuel and timing help a little but not as much as more psi

the one thing that no one has ever asked about audi is will they ever make a production version of the audi r8?

The closest racecar you could ever hope to see a production version of is a GT1 Class. And only a handfull would be built at best, with a sale price of $1,000,000+. They just don't build car's like the R8 for the road.

I think the traditions of many carmakers are coming back to haunt them. Porsche can't win using a flat-6 forever, so they plan to use a V8 in the 911 Turbo, supposedly. Same thing with BMW, straight-6 not good enough anymore, must go V8. Audi is tired of small displacement turbo engines, so they want to go V8. It's like a mass cop out.

I think the traditions of many carmakers are coming back to haunt them. Porsche can't win using a flat-6 forever, so they plan to use a V8 in the 911 Turbo, supposedly. Same thing with BMW, straight-6 not good enough anymore, must go V8. Audi is tired of small displacement turbo engines, so they want to go V8. It's like a mass cop out.
so then the sport compacts get the fun motors :D
  • 2 Wochen später...

Honda is one place that is safe. If they don't put a V8 in their 90k supercar, in their full size luxury sedan, and in their half ton pickup, I don't think we need to worry about seeing one in the Civic........ever.

BMW moved from a straight six to a V8 cause it's cheap. They could bore out the Straight Six and crank the power, but this way, the 4.0L shares all technology and a ton of parts with the M5 V10. Also, the V10 can then be directly swapped into an M3, not that they would, but they always could. I'm sure Hartge or someone will do it. Audi has a few notable issues. The first is quattro. A blessing and a curse. Good traction, but weight. Audis are consistently the heaviest cars in their classes. That hurts them. The M3 outperforms the S4 despite the M3 having less hp and much less torque because the M3 is lighter.

• 2 Jahre später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...