EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Finally ! 2005 BMW M6 Officially Unveiled !

cstavaru

Empfohlene Beiträge

05m6.jpg

05m62.jpg

05m63.jpg

Source: BMW

Launching the new M6, BMW M GmbH is proudly presenting the most dynamic and sporting rendition of the 6 Series Luxury Coupé. This makes BMW's large Coupé in the guise of the M6 one of the most beautiful cars in the world - and at the same time the most sophisticated and powerful 6 Series there has ever been: five liters engine capacity, 10 cylinders, 507 bhp (373 kW), 520 Newton-metres (383 lb-ft) maximum torque, and engine speed beyond the 8000 rpm limit.

Together with the outstanding, uncompromising suspension designed and built exclusively for sporting performance, this supreme power unit gives the BMW M6 all the qualities of a thoroughbred supersports. But unlike its competitors usually offering only two seats, the BMW M6 comes with all the space and comfort of a typical 2+2-seater, plus the luxurious features of a typical luxury performance BMW.

The success principle: True power in a discreet package.

The BMW M6 shares its supreme power unit with the BMW M5. Ever since being introduced in the M5, this engine has been acknowledged as the absolute benchmark, just as the M5 is the very epitome of the Sports Saloon.

Now, introducing even more superior performance data, the BMW M6 sets a new standard in the segment of high-performance 2+2-seater luxury sports cars. Creating this unique model, the engineers at BMW M GmbH have focused not only on the sheer power of the engine, but also on the weight

of the body and, as a result, the mass to be accelerated as quickly as possible on the road. Reducing weight to a sensible minimum, the M6 comes with all the driving dynamics required for the race track, while in terms of motoring comfort and equipment it is simply ideal for all roads the world over. Not least, the body design of the BMW M6 modified only discreetly versus the elegant look of the BMW Coupé comes with all the understatement so characteristic of all M Models as their elementary feature.

Interacting with the seven-speed SMG transmission, the magnificent chassis and suspension, the elegant body in innovative lightweight technology, as well as the wide range of luxury equipment, the ten-cylinder high-speed engine gives the customer a brand-new dimension in motoring performance. It is indeed difficult to find any genuine competitors to the M6, since all other more or less comparable cars are either all-out supersports or sports saloons far inferior in terms of agility. So given the car's innovative drive concept, a power-to-weight ratio even better than on the M5, as well as unique handling - and all this with all the everyday driving qualities of a large coupé - the engineers at BMW M GmbH rightly claim that the new BMW M6 truly comes in a class of its own.

V10 power unit running at racing speeds.

Sharing BMW's V10 power unit, the M5 and M6 come with one of the rare high-speed engines in regular saloon and coupé production. Within the entire BMW family, the V10 is indeed the most demanding engine in technical terms and, without doubt, the top performer in every respect.

Power and performance, however, are not everything. Rather, what really counts is a car's acceleration and driving dynamics on the road. And this depends, first, on the weight of a car and, second, on the thrust and power which actually goes to the drive wheels - which, in turn, is a result of engine torque and the overall transmission ratio. BMW's high-speed engine concept allows an optimum gearbox and final drive transmission ratio in all cases, thus guaranteeing impressive thrust and momentum on the road at all times.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Cool beans. It's nice to see some wood on that interior for a change rather than the brushed aluminum look stuff, pretty body color too :) . The M6 promises to be an even hotter performer than the M5, so they're really on a roll!

Does anyone think the M badge might look a little better mounted higher on the trunk lid?

I wonder how big is the weight difference between M6 and M5.

Do you notice those wheels ? They are totally new, I have not seen anything like this before on a car. The spokes are so thin for a 5-spoke wheel, could it be because they want to save weight ? :)

I think it could look good with other wheels too...I'm not really a fan of those, but I have to admit that they give the car a very distinctive look.

Me likey the aluminum though. I don't go for the wood grain interior usually. If I wanted that, I'd get a Bentley or Rolls :P

I must say it is AWESOME looking but the M6 badge could be placed up about 3-4 inches higher but it might look out of place.

I can't wait for the stat's to come out of the M5 and M6. :-))!

Looks very promising.

I wonder how big is the weight difference between M6 and M5.

The M6 is listed at 3,769 lbs. and the M5 at 3,868 lbs. 99 pound difference, but every bit counts, as apparently this bumps the M6's 0-62 time by 1/10 of a second over the M5.

More Pics ...

bmwm605_01_1024.jpg

bmwm605_07_1024.jpg

bmwm605_02_1024.jpg

bmwm605_08_1024.jpg

bmwm605_09_1024.jpg

• 5 Wochen später...
  • 3 Wochen später...

*thumbs down* it looks happy... yet sad at the same time. chris bangle, you never cease to make me hate you. looks like your influence isnt going away.

the motor might be stupendous, but the body.... :puke:

then again, who am i to complain? have you seen some of the creations from the audi camp? mainly the new a4/s4. i hate when manufacturers shift from classic, to trendy.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo cstavaru,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Yeah, Audi is going all Ford Edsel on us with that nose. But you know trends, they come and they go. Not every car from BMW, Audi or whomever is going to be the greatest in terms of style. If they were, we would have nothing to compare the great one's to.

BMW might have wanted to update their look, but I'll never understand the total about face that they took. They had a good thing going. Hopefully down the road a bit, they'll find they're way again.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...