SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Awesome Xbox Motorsport Game!!!

forzagamer4life

Empfohlene Beiträge

Forza Motorsport™ Races To Critical Acclaim

At The 2004 Electronic Entertainment Expo

— Microsoft Game Studios’ Newly Announced Racing Simulation Among

“Best Racing Games” of E3 —

At the 2004 Electronic Entertainment Expo, Microsoft Game Studios proudly rolled Forza Motorsport out of the garage to much fanfare and critical acclaim. In recognition and anticipation of the first fully-customizable driving simulator for Xbox®, Forza Motorsport was nominated for the Game Critics Award for “Best Racing Game” at E3, which will be awarded on Tuesday, June 8, 2004.

Slated to hit stores this holiday season, Forza Motorsport will offer Xbox gamers and car enthusiasts the opportunity to own, customize, upgrade and race their favorite cars in the most realistic driving simulator on Xbox.

Racers will be challenged to accumulate earnings to tune-up their rides with upgrades like engine swaps, bolt-on superchargers and suspension kits. Gamers can also “trick-out” their creations with sleek, new paint schemes and upgradeable parts including body kits, rims, spoilers, decals, side skirts, fender flares, hood scoops and decals from over 150 aftermarket motorsport partners. Gear heads will love the process of creating their very own high-performance racing machines by transforming one of hundreds of different models from 60 of the world’s top car manufacturers including Ferrari, Porsche, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Honda, Chevrolet, BMW, Mazda and Dodge. Forza Motorsport will supply the canvas and tools for a tuner artist’s racing masterpiece.

True passion for cars and racing transcends more than mere competition – it’s about learning every car’s strengths and weaknesses, discussing driving techniques with friends and sharing your best work in the garage with the world. With full Xbox Live™ compatibility and innovative new ways to compete and communicate online, Forza Motorsport gives gamers the ability to flex the muscles of their custom performance-tuned creations against the best the online world has to offer.

To learn more about Forza Motorsport, racing gamers can visit www.xbox.com/forza.

Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for Windows, Xbox video game system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse games for Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/games/), including such franchises as Age of Empires®, Flight Simulator and Zoo Tycoon®; Xbox (http://www.xbox.com/), including such franchises as Halo®, Project Gotham Racing and NFL Fever; and Zone.com (http://www.zone.com/), the official games channel for the MSN® network and home to such hits as Bejeweled and OutSmart™.

Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, “it’s good to play together,” captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Yeah, the GT series is most diffinately the bench mark. GT4 will have it goin' on!

The screen shots of the Forza game look okay, but traditionally there is just something about XBox driving sims, it's just odd, like your driving a sled. Cool thing about this game is that it expands on the idea of customizing your car - with engine swaps, paint schemes, body kits, decals and stuff like that. If I hadn't seen the screen shots, I might think it was a ricer game. O:-)

• 1 Monat später...

the option for car damage in GT4 might be nice, but this is not the developers fault, licensing restrictions prohibit the cars from showing damage. Why this is not the case for some other games who knows. Maybe because they are not as realistic as the GT series, and nobody will take them seriously anyway? :wink: Anyway, bottom line is who wants a damaged car anyway? That would be worse than tires that wear out in two laps.

The speed of GT play is just as it should be - realistic.

Online gaming is overrated.

• 2 Wochen später...

Xbox went out and got licensing from over 200 car companies...plus how are you going to know how good you really are when you can't play GT4 online? You might be the best of your friends, but you won't be better than me!

Prove it...

Xbox went out and got licensing from over 200 car companies...plus how are you going to know how good you really are when you can't play GT4 online? You might be the best of your friends, but you won't be better than me!

Prove it...

yea you can play online but you can also cheat. and my car is faster than yours and my e-wang is bigger!
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo forzagamer4life,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Motorsport (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I was rocking Rad Racer on 8-bit Nintendo back in the day. Who's got the biggest e-balls! O:-)

Licensing from 200 car companies? Make that 200+ cars to choose from. I don't think there are 200 car companies.

Update F094/H is 3'13.536. Last time I did a lap on it was back in August, so I drove again and added some little fine tunings here and there on the suspension and drove it around the track 5 times and I got that score above :D

EDIT: F094/H not F090/H.

any sub-1 minute Laguna Seca times? I'm still chasing that

I posted a 1:11 on Laguna in a 1011hp Zonda with no suspension tuning and no ASM or TCS

I posted a 1:13 in a 660hp JGTC NSX and a 1:12 in a 900 hp JGTC Supra.

Fastest posted was a 1:03 in a F1 94/s

I clocked 3.23 something on the Complex String last night in the F094/H, but I hate that track. It's flatter than Kansas, and every corner is blind. So I don't drive it too much.

I'll get my fastest cars and see what they can do at Leguna Seca. I used to despise that track too, but it's just okay now.

You can get a modified Viper up to nearly 270 on the Test Course - is that even possible in real life?? :???:

You can get any car upto 270mph if you have a correctly set geared ratio transmission, tires to withstand it, suspension to withstand the abuse and a built up engine with some sleek aerodynamics. You really wouldn't need sleek aerodynamics but they would help ;).

Yeah, thats' true. But the modified Viper is pulling 270 with no sign of slowing down. It has no aerodynamic mods. When I saw one of those blowing my 1,011 hp. Zonda away, I had to check that car out.

The Zonda in the game has horrible roadholding by the way. How did West ever post 1.11 in the Zonda at Laguna?

My tops for Laguna is 1'03.634 in the F094/H. Posting a faster time every time I try. I don't really try to set records in any of the other cars since they all handle like garbage in comparison to the F1. :lol:

I agree, the Zonda C12S is a horrible handler and they have it's top speed of 145mph I believe. It has some SERIOUS oversteering issues but the Zonda Race Car is alot better Zonda and should be what the C12S should be.

I'm not much for caring for the Zonda in the game because of it's unpredictability in driving. One time it might hold the ground while in a 90deg turn and then in the next 45deg turn you fish tail and slam into the side of a mountain.

One of the cars that I love to drive besides the F1 cars is the Honda S2000 LM Race Car. That car handles like balls but isn't very responsive in the throttle part. If you get into a sharp turn and then your RPM's start dropping little by little even though you're at full throttle. Nonetheless, I just posted a 1'10.923 at Leguna Seca with the S2000 LM Race Car. :-))!

BTW i'd just like to say that the GT-R R34 handles alot differently and alot better in RL than it does in this game. They have the R34 handling like a boat in GT3 and I don't know why because it doesn't handle like a boat in RL.

Another very good handler is the Mitsubishi FTO. If it handles anywhere near as good in RL as it does on the game then I'll say that it's the best handling FWD car I've ever seen. If so I might think about importing one over here just to find out :D

That's interesting, because I've always found the Zonda to understeer quite badly. It seems the Zonda's top speed is limited when running against some less powerful cars, because it'll do well over 145 on the Test Course with wide open gears.

I have the S2000 LM, but I never drive it. I'll have to check it out. I just won an FTO racecar a while back, and was not impressed at all - Butter tires. I remember the FTO handling a lot better than that.

As far as the R34 GT-R, the racecar car is pretty light on it's feet, as it should be. The roadcar car in the game is just okay.

* I have an idea, everybody post the various settings of your best handling cars - like the F1's. I'll post mine for the F094/H tomorrow.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...