EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2003 AMG challenge

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Hehe

Wel what I ment to say was that they only show the SL in a slalom, ofcourse the SL is good in a slalom, everybody knows that. But what about the S, C or G? They don't show those do they?

The E55 steers sharper then I thought it would.

The E55 is actually more impressive than the SL. SL should do all that stuff, but the E can do it too!!!! I would not expect from a saloon to turn like that, especially with rain on the track.

I also saw an S spinning 360 in a wet curve: was that the real intention(with the hand brake) or S does not love curves so much?

The S is large, and the suspension tuning is more for comfort. It has a good suspension, but it is again very large and heavy. It is fair through the curves, not bad for its size, but there is definately a limit to how hard it can be pushed through, it could not follow the sportier 7 or lighter XKR through the curves, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It just has limits to it's handling.

I never thought that the S is a bad car: just wanted to know how it stays on the road... Then I should understand that the difference between the E and the S is pretty obvious, isn't it? (I saw an E55 and an XJR on a curvy track and the E was pretty stable... the XJR too.)

The S is not great through the corners. It is a great car, just not as far as handling is concerned. The XJR is in the same size class as S, which impresses me because Jaguar kept the weight down as low as something like an E class, making it a very good handler.

• 3 Wochen später...

The S is just as fast as a 7 through corners with the same rimsize. That's been tested in various papers for example Auto Motor Und Sport for example. It's just that it's *very* seldom you need that little extra 19 inch wheels brings when it comes to grip.. I would rather take a car with 16 inch wheels because the noise and comfort level is excellent, and 16 inch provides good enough grip. But bigger rims looks better!

every american test i've seen of S500 up against 745i, the 745i slaloms in around 63.8-64.2mph, the S500 is typically 60.9-62.0 mph, the suspension tuning was simply sportier for the 7 than the 7, it has larger rims, tighters springs, and more advanced suspension geometry.

The XJR is just as fast as the 745 through the corners, most tests it comes in right around 64.0, and is has softer springs as well, it's just the lighter weight works out better for it.

One thing that I do think is cool about the new XJ is the fact that the body is bonded and riveted like an aircraft. I'd like to see more of that going on. Such a body could strong as a tank.

I think the only reason the 7 is available with 19" wheels is for looks. That boat really needs something to fill out the wells.

A funny thing is, the XJR is routinely being compared to the S-Class and 7-Series, even though it is really a special sport edition. The standard XJ is really not an athlete.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes AMG (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

The XJR is no more expensive than a 745, and is cheaper than S500, it isn't really limited production,they make quite a few of them. The XJR does the 0-60 faster than an S430 or an A8, just a hair behind the S500, and it is well less expensive than all of them. The biggest downfall of XJ8 is that it is suspension tuned for comfort. I can honestly say I think the XJ, despite being made less attractive in its latest itteration, is the most attractive car in its class. A8 is interesting, but pretty bulbulous, the 7 has numerous issues (too many to name), the S is plain and bears too much resemblance to C and E, and the lexus LS is personality defficient. Even if the new XJ is less attractive than it once was, it still has the jaguar sexy good looks.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...