EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Who can replace bangle?

850 Ci

Empfohlene Beiträge

ive got a question. if bangle was fired today, who the hell would replace him? maybe thats why there not firing him, they cantr find anyone else whos better than him? im not saying that for sure, im just asking for some questions answered

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

How about these? Could they do a better job?

Petey, the "Sexual Herasement" Panda

Willy, the "Don't Stare Directly Into The Sun" Worm

Oinky, the "Run Around With Scissors" Pig

Jimmy, the "Don't Hold On To A Large Magnet While Someone Else Uses A Fan Nearby" Falcon

Happy, the "Don't Do Stuff That Might Irritate Your Inner Ear" Badger

Anywayz just for fun I threw this at the guyz over the design dep. Let's just say that I was supprised to find out that people I though were loyal to me, aren't as loyal as I thought them to be.

A barage of criticism followed. Within a matter of minutes they had a whole list of things that's wrong with Bangle's designs and how they would improve them.

Just for fun, what do you guyz think is wrong with Bangle's designs and how would you improve them. Nothing like: "They suck" please, cause everybody knows that already.

They suck!!

But seriously, let me tell you this, GIR the " How to be mildly remote, yet strangely friendly " dude. Bangle's designs are just plain out of touch in a lot of ways. The 6-Series for example is basically a good looking car in profile, yet stylistically it falls off the deep end in the front, and in the rear. The taillights in particular have little destinction.

The " face " of a BMW is very important, more so than other cars, because family resemblance is a big thing at BMW. Bangle has no concept of the attitude a BMW is supposed to exude from the front. In short, his designs are just awkward, and look too much like something else, and not the sleek and sharp looking cars everyone has loved for so long. The fact that they do not appear very agile even if they are is a big issue.

To improve them would be to toss an Armani suit onto a really dead guy. It's only a cover up. A total sheetmetal redesign is in order.

he does things to be different for no reason other to be different, he took the upscale elegance of BMW's look and softened it, and gave it a disticntly asian look. If i wanted an asian car, well the point is that I don't. He blends elements in tail lights and blinkers he shouldn't, he adds art deco touches, raises the cars waisteline, and looses similarity of appearnce in details like grilles and decklids between models. He has lost all revery for the image BMW has here.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo 850 Ci,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Okay that was also the first thing that came up in the office. Redesign the whole front of the car, specificaly the headlights, so they look more like traditional BMW.

What some said was that the lines on the sides and specialy the excess fat is something they would get rid off right away. There is some dificulty involved when you're producing something like that and it also adds to the cars weight, not by much but it does.

Some of the guyz illustrated that his designs may look good on paper but, but real life it's a totaly different thing. Apparently it's something every beginning artist has to deal with. Although something might look good on paper or in your mind. When you work it out it, it's ugly! They were suprised that a "high profile experienced designer" like Bangle would have problems like that.

The thing that surprises me is that BMW said a few years ago that they hired Bangle because all their cars look alike. There is no way to see the diference of a 3, 5 and 7 series except the size. Bangle was hired to make these look different. The 5 and 7 series look exactly the same, except in size.

i don't see that much resemblance in 5 and 7, the front especially, the 5 looks happy, wanna be miata emasculated sporty, the 7 is more square shouldered, more firm and down to business (like board meeting at a fashion magazine). He's ruining the BMW asshole image here.

BMW has employed a strong family resemblance in their cars for a long time, it's one of the things that made their image so prominent. Bangle is not content with the " different sizes of sausage " approach, and wants to give every Series it's own destinct look. That may be fine with another maker, but with BMW it just detracts.

I have always thought that BMW did a fine job of keeping a consistant BMW look, while still differentiating the models. After all, who is going to confuse a 3 with a 5 and a 5 with a 7? Although an MB C-Class can easily be mistaken for an E at 30 paces.

Chris Bangle is a visionary for sure, but that does not aways translate into good ideas. His designs may look pretty nifty on paper, like something out of a futeristic Anime cartoon, but in real life, they just don't come off right. He doesn't seem to notice. I have to wonder if all of the designers working under him really go for this too, or if they roll their eyes behind his back.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...