Return of the M1

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

kennst du schon Return of the M1 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

don't hope to see it earlier than the '06 model year.

of course, look at big auto shows this year for BMW concepts, but the big question after styling is what is getting tucked under the rear mounted deck?

• 3 Wochen später...

then again, if I were BMW, i'd cook up a super-secret M1, pull heavily out of the M-Power parts bin, and have it ready for an '06 model year release early in 2005. Tell me that car rolling out on Jan 1, 2005 wouldn't blow the world automotive market's mind? A car to best F360, Gallardo, Ford GT, and 911 Turbo for less money and from BMW? how do you argue?

i think it's fair to say it wouldn't jump well over 120k would it? i couldn't see it happening, 120-130k tops, which puts it in line with a 911 turbo.

And motor trend tested Ford GT, 0-60 time is 3.7, top speed is 195mph, slalom is 71mph, oh, and 60mph-0 comes in under 100ft.

Ford GT does 0-60 in 3.7 and runs to 195? Not bad, and they said they weren't going to gear it for high end speed. Looks like they got the best of both worlds.

Well, the Z8 was something like 135k, and that was more of a styling and heritage statement than a technological showcase. I can see an " M1 " going higher than that, but I don't think BMW would want to alienate their clientele by making it too much more. Either way, I think it is bound to be an exotic bargain.

I suppose, the Z8 was a generations back of a aluminum car, i think they've gotten less expensive to make, but yeah, i see your point. Z8 was also super inflated pricewise.

The GT is an amazing performer, there are maybe 5 production cars made that will equal or better ford GT in 0-60, top speed, slalom, and braking, the cheapest one may be twice as much as a GT best case scenario. That impresses the hell out me.

Anyone who ever said ford sucked, think again.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

amen to that. The late nineties may not have been kind to ford, but they are fixing things. I'm really impressed to see both GM and Ford focus hard to fix their problems, GM's quality control issues, and Ford's issues with building cars no one wanted to buy (barring say F150 and Explorer). Chrysler is also improving, but that has a lot to do with pillaging the MB parts bin.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...