EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The Best Car of the World ...........?

Lord of the Bugs

Empfohlene Beiträge

Which do you think is the best car of the world that has ever existed?

Note that you should compare all aspects not just the power because you are not going to have a Bugatti Veyron or a McLaren in a crowded place...(or if you are $uper $tupid maybe).

Count the make, price, power, design, amount of people that can buy it, etc...

Also dont only count the less expensive cars, that isn´t counting the power and luxury. Im talking about a balacned car...

I choose the BMW 330i. I think people dont need more for a city, and most of the buyers live in cities where they dont need more then 200 km/h, it is not so expensive, it is sold in all the world, it has satisfactory luxury and it can be repaired easily. It can also be easily sold and it is safety. 4 persons, 4 doors, nice design, many choosable colors...

WHAT ELSE DO THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD NEED ??!!! :-?

Rich ones are few...

Poor are much, dont buy cars...

Middle class buy many------>thisone fits best.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

330i? I think your choice is a very good one Bugs. Great performance, great fun, balanced, luxurious - yet still accessible.

I think an Alfa Romeo 156 GTA is another jewel you don't hear enough about. At least in America. It's a special high performance version, so therefore not as accessible, but it's a great performance value from what I hear, in a usable four door, or wagon package.

Fantastic 3.2 liter DOHC V6 - 250 hp. @ 6,200 ... 221 lb.ft. @ 4,800

razor sharp steering with only 1.7 turns lock to lock ( the shortest of any mass production car ) distinctive looks, and a price equivalent to about $50,000 - M3 territory

alfa_156gta02_02.jpg

i think i'd take the M3 over the 156 myself.

Best in the world, at the moment, i'd say the M3, sure it is a good 8k more to start than a 330i, but i could justify it. 330i is awful close though. For someone on a budget, a Jetta with a 1.8T approaches ideal, a good flexiblle, tunable platform, and the 1.8T just begs to be tuned, in fact, i've heard they are easily put past 250hp. That would be a cool car for the dough.

M3 might be a little much for most people, 330i is a good balance between sportiness, and superb civility. Most everyone likes to feel entertained behind the wheel, but not everyone wants to feel like Speed Racer.

I posted a thread on the 156 GTA once, and no one had anything at all to say about it. I love the GTA as an Italian alternative to German machines. The style is destinctly Italianate in flare, the engine is a high revving gem and sounds like no other, this side of a Ferrari motor, it's moves are pin sharp. And it's even available with a " Selespeed " F1 style transmission if your into that. It's kind of like what the M3 used to be, light and flingable. The 156 is a racing champion like the M3. If I lived in Europe, I would get one in an instant.

Perhaps I will live in Europe one day.

The best car in the world for little money would be the Renault Clio 2.0 Liter 16V, in Switzerland it costs about 27'000 CHF, that's about 18'000 USD. For that little money you get 170 HP, in that light weight car it performs really well. 7.3 secs 0-100 km/h.

Up a little bit in price category, I agree, the 330i is a really good buy.

Bringing an M3 into the equation just ruins it completely. It's pretty obvious that it'll beat a 156 in many things including fun factor (unless you happen to think otherwise). I think the 156 is still awesome though, and the title "Jewel" isn't too far from the truth. Too bad we don't have it in Canada. I'd like to see a heck of a lot more of these, but I've probably never even seen ONE in R.L.. Sure, an M3 might beat any and everything overall, but let the Alfa have it's moment. It's not too often that an Italian car-makers efforts at making something fast, practical, efficient, good-looking, and fun go almost perfect. Alfa continues to strive for BMW's position, and even if they never get there, at least we'll have a beauty like the 156 to sway our judgement call on buying that German car. Alfa's GTA's are my favorite "up-class" editions of any non-German car. I hope they continue to do better and hopefully they won't fall behind due to the crappy Italian state of economy.

LateNight, you're not alone on that thought (living in Europe one day). I think everyone's beginning to plan that sooner or later. It just makes sense. I know I'll probably move to the U.K. or Germany or Sweden. I need to live in a place where I can have the perfect combination of hot chics, amazing cars, nice food, and beautiful scenery.

are you kidding, i've always drempt of living in a small town in Ireland, maybe even rural denmark or norway (sweden is a bit inland for me, the baltic and bothnia may be beautiful, but I like the north sea and the atlantic much better).

My ability to speak danish and norweigian is awful, i'm sure living there would fix it, but hey, go figure. I've always wanted to learn gaelic though, and ireland has always fascinated me.

I could go there and get a car with a big engine, like a 2.0L, and drive on the wrong side of the road.

But norway and denmark sound good to me too. Scandanavian culture is so interesting.

I'd move to germany, but it's awful crouded, and i'm not all that fond of it as a place to live (outside of bayern, which is amazing). There again, far from water (i can't stand minnesota just for that reason), and the language issue (my german is pathetic)

You rarely hear europeans talk of moving to north america some day.

i wonder why? i kinda like the place (i would), but still, it's odd.

are you kidding, i've always drempt of living in a small town in Ireland, maybe even rural denmark or norway (sweden is a bit inland for me, the baltic and bothnia may be beautiful, but I like the north sea and the atlantic much better).

My ability to speak danish and norweigian is awful, i'm sure living there would fix it, but hey, go figure. I've always wanted to learn gaelic though, and ireland has always fascinated me.

I could go there and get a car with a big engine, like a 2.0L, and drive on the wrong side of the road.

But norway and denmark sound good to me too. Scandanavian culture is so interesting.

I'd move to germany, but it's awful crouded, and i'm not all that fond of it as a place to live (outside of bayern, which is amazing). There again, far from water (i can't stand minnesota just for that reason), and the language issue (my german is pathetic)

You rarely hear europeans talk of moving to north america some day.

i wonder why? i kinda like the place (i would), but still, it's odd.

You're the man Fox! It's like you're pulling the words straight out of my head. We definitely see 99.99999999% eye to eye on this one. I've always dreampt of living in Ireland, and it would be even better if I lived in rural Norway. Sweden's too "racist" and cold for me, and not that Norway's much better, but I think Norway would be best out of all Scandinavian countries. To have a nice house in a beautiful neighbourhood of some nice Norwegian town and have a drop-dead gorgeous Norwgian wife... that's my dream dude. In fact I saw a Norwegian girl at school after a very long time a few weeks ago, and if I tried to describe her in one word, I'd have to say "angel". If all Norwegians look like that, I'm definitely there! Learning Norwegian would be a small sacrifice.

And Ireland is almost the same. I've always been almost as fascinated with Ireland as I've been with Scandinavia. And I think it's worth mentioning that I like the warmth of country Irish girls more than anyone else. Driving on the wrong side of the road would require some serious reqiring of the brain, but it'd still be cool.

I also wouldn't live in Germany permanently (especially if I was planning on having children), because it's too crowded and "modern", and the society is generally not one that's good for raising kids or living peacefully and quietly. But I still love the hell out of Germany.

Have you ever seen someone from another country that just made you wish you lied in that country? It's happened to me a lot, and they've all been Central/Northern/North-Western/Western Europeans. I wonder why...!.

To answer your question on why it's not the reverse (Europeans talking of moving to N.A.), I'd like to point out how messed-up North America has become during the past decade. People in Europe apparently think we've gone nuts. And I'm starting to think they're at least partially right. And anyways, I know if I lived in europe, I wouldn't move to North America unless I only cared about making more money.

Well I like the good ol' US of A just fine thanks. My dream would be to build my wealth substantially, then move to the desert southwest, like Nevada, or Arizona, and start a Ferrari collection including a 288 GTO, F40, F50, and Enzo, all in red. Ahh, sorry, just day dreaming again.

Yeah that's just fine. It's at least quite a fascinating fenomenon though that North Americans are increasingly beginning to move away from North America. Americans are at least moving to Canada, if not Europe. This is 180º away from what it was like before. It was the exact reverse. I for one almost certainly plan on moving to Europe (at least for a while).

Dream people? No they're certainly not "Dream-people". Swedes might be dream-people in terms of looks, but they have a bit to work on when it comes to attitudes.

For me it would probably come down to Ireland or Norway. We'll set a Soccer match between Ireland and Norway, and whoever wins, I'll move to THEIR country!

Anyways, this is getting pretty off-topic. Too off-topic, that is. I wuouldn't care if it's at least a bit about cars. But we gotta act up a bit here!

Hmmmz moving to the US huh? You know as a person who has spend some time in the US I can say that I could never stay in the US. Not that the EU is such a great place to be but no matter how you look at it, the EU is my home. And ofcourse I just can't stand all the rednecks in the US... it's amazing how dumb some people over there are... sorry to say so, no offense. We have alot of those people over here aswell but I guess because I grew up here they're much easier to spot for me.

I could move to Monaco but ofcourse I could never bring myself to spend that much money and it's way too full of rich snobs and also way too crouded for me.

I need a quiet sunny place with a beautifull view on the beachside and nice people. Maybe Turkey or Greece. But then again I am happy with my life rightnow and I'm not planning on moving anywhere soon.

Okay now for the ontopic stuff. When I think of the best car ever buildt, I don't know why but the VW Golf comes to mind. They might not be the best performers, actualy the GTi, VR6 and R32 can do amazing things, but they are cheap, sturdy and give good mileage. Insurance is cheap, maintenance is cheap and parts are easy to find anywhere in the world. Bone stock you can't really call it luxurious but VW does offer enough options if you have the money. They aren't the best lookers in the world but they aren't ugly either and their trackrecord sais it all.

Bonestock starts at 11k euro to a full option R32 at 27k euro, I don't see anybody else mathcing that.

Ofcourse handeling is a nightmare, I don't know where I should start critisizing my girlfriends Golf III, the powersteering is way too light and doesn't provide any feedback from the road. The Golf II handeling was way too heavy, you need the body of Arnie to handle one of those and the shifter... you need to kick it in with your foot. But people say the Golf IV has been improved on both points, I don't know never sat behind the wheel of one.

My pick is the Golf.

i would say this would be a tough desicion between mclaren and buggati but i believe the buggati wins this by a hair
another well thought out post. i dont think you even read the actual threads or even posts. it really seems like you just respond to the title of the thread.

ireland was definitely a beautiful country. the roads were so much fun and so scenic. it was really strange during my stay was just after they had converted to the euro so a few people had moved up the economical ladder and invested in classier cars. i noted the 1.8 non turbo audi.

to go along with latenights's decision, all the police in ireland that i saw pulling people over were in alpha 156 gtas. apparently they agree with you.

i lean twards the gti. it is small, yet seats decently. it has some power, yet holds economy. the option of a 6cylinder or a turbo 4. awd is a possibility if you have a little extra $ and dont live in the US. it is widely produced and more reliable than the average car. so easily modified if so desired. its just around $20k. and if you need more doors then you get a jetta.

If anyone has an opinion on best car, they can pipe in, but this conversian on expatriotism is a good one.

I am definitely fond of Europe, I look around at people in my town and wonder how they could feel satisfied with life being couped up in an often cold ass, or hot ass depending on the season, Indiana city. There is a whole big beautiful and intreguing world out there to explore, and Europe is a big part of it. England or France would be nice, but I think that unless I was married to a foreign woman or something and lived in her country, I would feel home sick. Because believe it or not, down home mid-western living has it's own charm. I feel it particularly on a fall day walking through the woods with ducks and geese honking overhead.

But no matter where I live, I think extensive world exploration will always be apart of my life.

As a side note : The United States as a land mass, is about as beautiful and diverse as it gets. If you can't create your dream habitat here, you can't anywhere. Endless roads to choose from, to drive the car you feel is the best :) .

i absolutely love the 156gta. but for economical reasons i think i will agree with bleh. gti or golf is a great car. roomy, sporty, and economical.

for this side discussion. i heart europe. while you are right in saying that you can create your own dream habitat in america i feel it lacks a soul, a sense of... i really dont know how to explain it but if you have been to any european city you will understand what i am about to say. when i go to a city like paris, or rome for example, i see beautiful acient architecture like nowhere else in the world. the city has its own life, its own soul so to speak. also the people in these cities have this.. i dont know if i am spelling it right but "joix de vivre". it seems that in my experience people are more into living and loving life. on the flipside, when i goto new york city i dont feel the same warmth, the same love as in europe. also all i see is concrete, lifeless concrete. i hope you guys understand what im trying to say.

I understand. America is still a very young country, only 383 years since the Mayflower pilgrams landed on Plymouth rock, and said, " Yo, whats' up, we're here! " In Europe, they have entire cities that are hundreds, if not thousands of years old. Europeans have their own distinctive mentality, and a unified national charictor. America on the other hand is made up of a bunch of rag tag yahoos from all around the world. So being the world's melting pot can have it's cultural setbacks, depending on how you look at it.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...