EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

TomsHardware IAA special

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

It was a suprise to me aswell but TomsHardware.com (A computer site) has a special on the IAA more specificly on the new tech displayed at the IAA.

Check it out is they talk about some kewl new stuff.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/business/20030929/index.html

A little quote:

After Porsche did the unthinkable of building a Cayenne SUV, which offended and shocked many Porsche lovers worldwide, Porsche Inc. tried to throw a bone to its followers in the form its new Carrera GT, unveiled last week at Frankfurt, which is based on the V10 originally developed for participation at the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race in France.

The engine features twin banks of cylinders arranged in a 68-degree 'V' topped with four-valve heads with sodium-cooled exhaust valves. A 98 mm bore is combined with a 76 mm stroke to produce a total displacement of 5.7 liters. With a maximum power rating of 605 hp (SAE) at 8,000 rpm, the engine has a specific output of 105.5 hp (SAE) per liter. Maximum torque is 435 lb ft at 5,750 rpm en route to a maximum engine speed of 8,400 rpm.

What does the engine technology translate into? From a standing start, the car reaches 124 mph (200 km/h) in 9.9 seconds and a top speed of more than 186 mph (300 km/h).

For those who careless about in-car user interfaces and luxury vehicle comforts and want unadulterated speed coupled with superior driving performance, the Porsche Carrera GT can keep you out of trouble. But, needless to say, it can also get you in a whole lot of trouble, too.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

tom's hardware is god's own computer site.

i didn't even know there were plans for such thing as a P4e until i hit their site.

if they say something about cars, my guess is they are right on it.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...