EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 2004 CAB SMG II

paso007

Empfohlene Beiträge

paso_m3.jpg

paso_m3_side.jpg

Hi everyone! My M3 just arrived at dealer after few month wait. Its a May '03 production but 2004 model. I still have a few days before I get the keys to finalize some payments. 8)

I have a chance to back away from this purchase and get full refund cause I know the car dealer owner very well. And I am honestly having lots of second thoughts and was hoping you guys can help me out. :-?

Don't get me wrong.. I have always dreamed of M3 and I don't want any other car! I am worried about new model coming out in a year or so.. 8)

The thing is... the M3 has been the same E46 for last 4-5 years or so.. since the debut of the E46 model. SO maybe waiting another year and getting new model would be better choice? Because I heard new model is on the horizon. More powerful engine and new body. :D

Yet after seeing the ridicules looks on the new generation M5 and 5-series... the idea of getting the last unicorn is better choice if you know what I mean... Also I have seen photos of 4 door M3 coming soon and the body is actually uglier than E46... And btw M4 also looks pretty bad from what I have seen so far... :lol:

So as you can see I am in a big dilemma and wish for your opinions on this matter. :roll:

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

it will be 2 to 3 years before we'll see a new M3 of any type, maybe even longer, the E46 isn't that old of a platform by BMW standards, and the E46 M3 is probably the best ever built. I'd say buy it. It's a beautiful and beautifully driving car, and i don't think you could do much better. i can't imagine any car looking like the new 7 and Z4 being more attractive than that.

I would say go for it because like many others I don't really like the shape of the new BMWs that are coming out (5 series, M5).

Quick question: if you get the hardtop option with the M3 would you be able to lower and raise it electronically ??? Or can this only be done with the standard top ??? Can you switch between the two (soft and hard)???

I would say go for it because like many others I don't really like the shape of the new BMWs that are coming out (5 series, M5).

Quick question: if you get the hardtop option with the M3 would you be able to lower and raise it electronically ??? Or can this only be done with the standard top ??? Can you switch between the two (soft and hard)???

To answer your question: you can only lower and raise soft top electronically. The hard top has to be removed or installed manually. The hard top is good to have in the winter for rough climates and nice to remove during the summer to cruise around with no top. 8)

But I have to admit... the coupe model of the M3 has a more racer and aggressive feel than the cabriole model... yet nothing beats that sunny cruise while u hear the M3 engine roar.. and the sense of freedom with open air and open top breezing onto your face... :D

There is no dilemma, don't leave your silver M3 at the dock without a daddy, take it home and enjoy it. Putting your dream on hold, wondering for two years or more what a new model will be like is silly, especially when there is good reason to believe that the " new model " might be a super performer, but will look really bad.

You can never be happy with anything if you're always wondering what might be better. Give that E46 a big kiss for me :P .

interoir.jpg

wheel.jpg

Guess ur right... :wink:

Oh and btw i forgot to mention that this car is fully loaded with all possible options for M3.. except the 19" wheels... which i could change to for small price instead of 18".

price for the car is $62,000 US tax free.. arrived here directly from Germany last month, nice Gulf State model with no limiters. :D

but I did see a silver gray 330 and that color blew my mind! :o

I see that everyone is choosing titanium silver for M3 and silver gray is new color that would make my m3 stand out more.. hmmm :-?

mabye i re-order and go for silver gray and black interior and 19" wheels... 8)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo paso007,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

No limiters? I think limiters are standard on every car no matter what.

19" wheels may look pretty cool, but it alters the driving experiance somewhat. It's actually more entertaining, and involving to drive on 18's, whereas 19s' just make the car " track " really well.

Silver grey is a very nice color, among my favorites. Oxford green with Cinnamon leather is my favorite combination though. I wish they had a luxury package with wood trim like the E36.

some people are saying I am lying about this being a 2004 model..

Here is the VIN and specs off the windshield:

m3_cab_2004.jpg

manufactured on May 2nd 2003. VIN number at end after X is a "4" which means its 2004 model year.

As for the "no limiter". My friend got same car last year and they told him no limiter. I did not believe it either. Until I was with him and he hit 294km/h on speedometer... The roads here are huge and stretch for hundreds of kilos without car in sight late in the morning... gr8 country to test top speed I will tell u that.

Also I see on spec sheet that car has a "Gulf State Vehicle" on it which I was told special motor tune up... I don't know details so please don't ask.. But I have seen it first hand.. and soon I will be trying it myself..

i'm sure they could remove the limiter for a country in that part of the world, and i'm sure emission laws there are lax enough they could remove some of the smog gear from the car, giving it a hint more go.

here is my friends 330 BMW "the guy who did 294kmh with M3"... at least what's left of the motor..

After that wreck he just walked out of the car. not a single scratch on him.. went to BMW dealer next day and purchased an M3.. I asked him why the hell he is getting M3 after wrecking his new 330? :-? "330 was not fast enough" he said... :o

330_wreck.jpg

330_wreck2.jpg

Check that out, the whole front end is smashed to hell, but the tires are aren't punctured, the side skirts aren't even bent, the side windows are completely intact, even the A pillers are straight. If BMW engineers are not gods, than who is?

I think paso's friend was just using the wreck as an opportunity to put up an impressive macho front, " I walked away, it ain't nothin'. " I'll bet he walked away with wet pants :wink::D .

Check that out, the whole front end is smashed to hell, but the tires are aren't punctured, the side skirts aren't even bent, the side windows are completely intact, even the A pillers are straight. If BMW engineers are not gods, than who is?

I think paso's friend was just using the wreck as an opportunity to put up an impressive macho front, " I walked away, it ain't nothin'. " I'll bet he walked away with wet pants :wink::D .

hehe! :D

this guy is crazy... trust me that crash only made him want more speed.. that's why he purchased M3.. once he is done with that he will go for M5. lol!

true crash test dummy is all I got to say! :D

I have seen some crazy ass crashes here.. remember some cars come with no limiters.. and cops don't give rats ass if u speed here..

there is a ton of cars here that have all tinted glass.. u can not see anything inside.. even the front wind shield is tinted all the way! and cops don't care... seat belts don't exist.. nobody uses them.. :lol:

seat belts you should use.

there are lots of countries that are left hand drive. like, all but ones that were formerly british colonies (and even some of them have gone to left hand drive). Well, them and japan.

and btw, when can i visit? :D:D

seat belts you should use.

there are lots of countries that are left hand drive. like, all but ones that were formerly british colonies (and even some of them have gone to left hand drive). Well, them and japan.

and btw, when can i visit? :D:D

Ok, well its not totally chaotic.. just that cops may give you slap on the wrist if you speed. Or tell you please don't do that. So some people may still speed and they may get caught on radar and pay small fine. but no such thing as license provoked or black dots and stuff like NA and Europe.

Same thing with seatbelts.. its only been 1 or 2 years since the government started pushing more on seat belts and forcing higher fine if you don't put it on. but again nobody cares for paying that small fee..

But the best thing is the roads.. huge and stretch straight for so many kilos.. driving at 180KM/h is considered normal on those big ass high ways. Hence we get "Gulf Execution" tune up package with our cars so they don't burn up in the long use and desert heat.

what country are you in that has wide roads and the cops don't care

i noticed it is a left hand drive so its gotta be in n/a

I am on work permit residing in the capital of Saudi Arabia.

Originally from Montréal with Lebanese family background.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...