EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

S65 Sedan Production Starts This December

PersianJ

Empfohlene Beiträge

I can't read Swedish, but from what I tried to decipher, the S65 and the other 65 models start production this December, and will have 390 millimeter floating caliper light-weight composite cross-drilled/ventilated discs !!! That's even bigger than the optional 380 mm composite disc brakes for the "Performance Package" for the SL 55.

What a bad-ass sedan, WOW :-)

It seems that maybe a little later they are gonna then throw out the 5-Speed auto in these 65's and throw in the all-new 7-Speed.

here's the link to the S65 info page: (maybe you guys can translate it to see what it really says)

http://www.bilsport.se/artikel_bild_topp.php3?visa_id=38550&bildnamn=top_02_motorbranschen.gif&avdelning=8

I guess the next upgrade step for anyone buying the first crop of 612 HP 65's will be to go to "Vath Motortechnik" to upgrade to over 718 Horsepower.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Why would you want todo that? :) Isn't 612bhp enough? I mean because of the torque limiter the car has a flat torque curve anywayz so nobody can complain about turbolag, the car has it's max torque already available at 2000 rpm which is 2.5x stationary. Just a little push on the pedal and you have full power of the beast. this goes on till 7k rpm and it doesn't have a redline.

This is a dream car for me, why would you ever want to tinker around with it?

Well okay I guess you are right, the S class is a little too big to be used as a sports vehicle, I was never a big fan of the S55 to begin with. But the CL65 and SL65 are getting the same engine and drivetrain and those 2 are very much suited for racing.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...