EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
VTRick01

Does anyone know if a clutch stop will work on a 98 M3 Sedan

Empfohlene Beiträge

VTRick01
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

If so, did you have to do any major tweaking? i tested my car by trying to start it with the clutch part way down, and the car woudn't start without the clutch pedal pretty much on the floor.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks!

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

i wouldn't do it. you'd have to relocate the throw position of the clutch ignition interlock, possibly even adjust your clutch. not worth it.

VTRick01
Geschrieben

ah thanks...too bad--I'd love to shorten the clutch travel a bit. Oh well. On to the next mod...

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

that may require mods to the clutch's hydraulics.

VTRick01
Geschrieben

I'll prob just steer away from any clutch mods at this point. Seems like I'd be asking for trouble.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

bmw's M clutch is pretty good, it just takes some getting used to.

there are definately better places to focus.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Have you considered a short throw shifter, that would be a good place to start if you want to shorten your time shifting. All the BMW tuners have them, good ones, but you can also check out www.bimmerworld.com which has a link to UCC MotorWerks, who sells that and other performance parts for BMW and Audi.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

speaking of that, i have to get one of those (along with a shifter rebuild kit) for me E30, my shifter is sloppier than hell.

VTRick01
Geschrieben

Well, I've considered the short shift kit, but my initial interest in modifying the shifting was with the clutch. I like the way it feels, but I think the up-take is too high and there is a big dead spot at the bottom of the clutch travel that seems unnecessary. I'd like the clutch to start catching sooner when I am raising my left foot, and the only way I thought I'd get a similiar effect (although not exactly the same thing) is to get rid of the dead spot with a clutch stop. This way it would at least tighten the feel up a bit.

I used to valet cars when I was younger, and I think the M-clutch is comparatively a little difficult to get perfectly smooth in all driving situations..maybe it's just me...?