EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2004 Ford Lightning Concept

Mongrel

Empfohlene Beiträge

i visited Ford's st. paul assembly plant (the make the ranger). The assembly line moves i believe 4.5mph. That is rather fast, and it did not stop once the entire time i was taking the plant tour.

Think, if American manufacturer made more refined and developed cars, and produced them with more care, i think they could easily be as good as any other car, but they don't.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 152
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Maybe an assembly line worker, even at a GM plant in Canada, but not this American. I put my heart and full focus into my work, but then it's more than just " work " to me.

Working the line will always be just a means to a twelve-pack of beer and a barbeque at the end of the week to most of those guys, they don't give a crap as long as they get that wage. Small independant makers who build an entire car within the space of a garage, of which there are few, are great, because everyone there is much more close knit, and take pride in their handywork. Those cars have the human touch.

• 1 Monat später...

7 seccond lightening? really? you do realize, that that rate, the lightening is averaging 130mph over the course of the 1/4? That means, at the end of the quarter, he has to be approaching 200mph, that is after a QUARTER MILE!!!!

A car that does it sub-10 is incredible, and i just can't believe a lightening did it in 7.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Mongrel,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

i'm saying, topspeed/horsepower is not a linear curve, in fact, aerodynamic drag grows exponentially with speed, which is why i'm saying, i don't think it's possible. A quarter mile that fast is approaching dragster speed. I saw a ford ranger this year with a 900hp supercharged, NOSified, and generally tweaked 428 CobraJet under the hood, it had aerodynamic mods, and turned the quarter high tens. Smaller truck, 900hp, bigger engine, still not that fast.

I'll believe it when i see it.

the last thing i saw do 7 in the quarter said NHRA on it.

a lingenfelter corvette, with a twin turbo 7.0L LS6, pushed to the limits, capable of a 2 seccond 0-60, and nearly 250mph topend, just breaks 10 secconds by a hair. In time to distance races, 3 secconds is ENORMOUS!!!!

a lightening could not do a quarter in 7 if it had jesus himself behind pushing it.

even if it is that fast, the people on the F150 board say it's not even a lightening anymore. It's twin turbo, highly intercooled, different frame, different driveline, it's not at all the original truck. No part of that is still a lightening, so even if it does do it, it's a totally custom build job, sharing like nothing with lightening.

even if it is that fast, the people on the F150 board say it's not even a lightening anymore. It's twin turbo, highly intercooled, different frame, different driveline, it's not at all the original truck

i thaught it had the same frame, and when it did the seven sec quarter, it only had one turbo

one really big turbo, two smaller ones, what's the difference.

Uh, the front half of that ford is not stock. I've seen under the hood of that body style of F150, that under the hood shot shows the frame rails, those are not the F150 frame rails. The frame has either been heavily modded, or replaced. I don't think the stock F150 lightening frame has the stiffness to take that kinda power, i think it would corkscrew.

I'm still not convinced it's that fast. And the body is so heavily modified it doesn't count.

I could strap a saturn V to a school bus and get it to do a 7 seccond quarter, does that count as me having a 7 seccond school bus?

k, your right about the frame thing, but you cant just say that because it has been highly modded it is not a lightning any more, that is like saying if i took your boxter and stuck a 911 engine with a twin turbo and a 250 shot of nitris and ladaladlada, does that mean that it is not a boxter anymore? no, it means that it is highy modded

btw, i have seen a 12 school bus before :o

no, a new frame, a new engine, 50 % new body panels makes it not a lightening any more. If you put a 911 turbo engine in my boxster, it would be a boxster with a 911 turbo engine.

Nothing besides the front grill and passenger cabin are original on the lightening.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...