EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M52

imported_uncledoobie

Empfohlene Beiträge

i was driving on I-55 in chicago and out of nowhere, this BMW x5 flies past me, or at least i thought it was one. as i caught a glimpse of it, i noticed it was running on 20's, not something standard or an option for the x5, had four chrome exhaust tips, and side and rear molding. I looked at the model number and saw that it said M52. Did BMW really make an x5 with a 5.2 liter engine and M tuning? I've never read anything about this before, and that car was fast and loud. The engine sound reminded me of an FX 45.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_uncledoobie,

kennst du schon M52 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW M Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW M Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

nope, bmw made a 4.6is with 4 chrome exaust tips. That has 19s or maybe 20s, but doesn't have an M52 badge, there is no X5 ///M car, well, the 4.6is is close (has an M tuned engine)

You can order fake M badges all over the net. My guess is this is a home tuned car, to top it off he ripped the old badge of and put M52 instead. And loud isn't one of the aspects of a M car.

btw: I like you sig doodie :)

a 5.2 V8 would be bigger than the M5 motor, BMW wouldn't do that for X5. I have a set of ///M badges I stuck on our land rover for fun (the most rediculous thing ever). Certain family members failed to see the humor it, and they were promptly removed.

M5 is a pretty loud car, M3 at full rev is also - loud, not like Viper loud, but still.

hot damn! There is the idea of the day!

I am putting AMG stickers on my freind's Dodge Minivan, he already has a hemi sticker.

My BMW says Dinan on it, that is all I need.

I am thinking of getting the R badge off S-Type for my S-Type (if I ever make it fast)

• 3 Wochen später...

Uncledoobie...

I too saw the BMW M52 of which you speak. The first time i saw it (a silver one) was on the outbound stevenson (I55) back in may of 2003. It is definitely not a 4.6is. Since then i have seen others (or the same one over and over) twice. Then last night i pulled up behind one on La Grange Rd. just north of the stevenson. When i got close, i noticed that it said "DINAN" on the back, and had dealer plates. Ive been trying to get more info on the car ever since i saw it back in may, but i cant find any record of such a vehicle existing, not even from the Dinan web site. Does anyone know anything about this car, like price/performance/anything? Thanks. - Joe

If it is a dinan project car and they call it an M52, then I can promise it is very fast and very expensive. I am not sure but I did hear something about someone dropping the ///M 4.9L into X5s. If someone could get a picture for us, that would be great!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_uncledoobie,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 2 Wochen später...

I just saw a Ceyanne on the street for the first time today, other than the dealership. Proof that that no matter how stupid your product, there is always some shmuck who will want to buy it.

well now, the cayenne is a respectable car. granted its body styling leaves something to be desired, i personally would not mind having a V8 under the hood of an SUV. if they just hadn't put an overly exaggerated 911 bumper on the cayenne it would have looked nice.

Yes, a V8 is always nice in a large vehicle, but aside from asthetics, it doesn't seem right to plant the Porsche badge on an SUV, and I'm not even a huge Porsche nut or anything. What makes it really wrong is that its' purely a Volkswagen move.

The BMW X5 4.6 is a very capable performer, but even that seems kind of odd considering that BMW is supposed to be " The Ultimate Driving Machine ".

Have you driven a X5 4.6is, it is very much an ultimate driving machine. The fact it could tow my boat or take me through deep snow is just seccondary. It has vicious accleration, tenatious grip (the tires are unimaginably huge. Out back i think they are like 315/45/20s.

Porsche should never have done Cayanne. That was a mistake. They'll never be able to repair what that did to the porsche name.

Like I said, the X5 4.6 is a vary capable performer, and probably one of the more enjoyable crossovers around. But it's still a Sport Activity Thingy.

Do you think it's more of an ultimate driving machine than the 540i Sport, or an M5? both of which are on the same platform.

It's surprising that Porsche didn't give the Cayanne beefier wheels and tires, like a 911 Turbo. Even the Cayanne Turbo looks pretty lame.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...