EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

What is the perfect exotic?

imported_felix

Empfohlene Beiträge

Im looking to buy an exotic but i dont know which one to get. Price is no object! What about the veyron when/if it comes out (99.99% chance of it being produced!). No zondas, mclarens or koenigseggs. Maybe an S7? Any reccomendations?

• 2 Wochen später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I've been somewhat disappointed with the S7. In some regards it almost deliverately fails to achieve. Don't get me wrong, it's got some of the best acceleration times and pulls a strong 220MPH max-speed as well. Those are very good. And the 0.99g it pulls is definitely something that makes it more attractive, at least performance-wise. But it's breaks could have used ABS. They're excellent already, but anti-lock would have made them a whole lot better. Also, the car doesn't look good in every color. In fact, I can only think of three or four colors it looks good in: Black, Silver, White, and Blue. I can't think of anything else. Of course if there was a "Gold" option I'd take it.

But nothing is as exotic as a black or Dark-Chrome-ish W-16 monster that goes from 0-62MPH in 3 seconds flat, and also achieves a 252MPH max. speed (these are all track figures of course, but amazing nontheless). I'd go with the Veyron, or at least take it into serious consideration.

gotta agreee with izzy there, the S7 just doesn't cut it, i would suggest the veyron, you are guarenteed pretty much everything in that car and it will not let you down. What about the enzo, i know it may be a little hard to get, but if you really wanted it, you could get one with very few miles on it.

Enzo's great and it looks amazing. But it doesn't even have the same level of performance as the F50. Which is a shame. Still a great super-car, but I'd recommend the Veyron everytime.

I wonder if the performance will be different in the North American version of the Veyron. That seems to be the case with the Enzo. The European versions apparently do 0-62MPH in 3.65 seconds, but the American versions do it in 3.3. What gives?

emissions maybe?

I would love it if they could only get the veyron 49 state certified (california emmissions are amongst the hardest to pass - bar none). No Veyrons in cali! Oh no!

I think ours may be geared differently (our ferraris are geared shorter than european ones), maybe emissions, maybe the numbers aren't good?

• 1 Monat später...

So far, I do know this: American (er, North American) versions of most "European" cars perform better due to the fact that the extra performance isn't needed in Europe, and they care much more about gas Mileage. Since we don't seem to give a damn about that stuff, then maybe they're more willing to give us their cars at slightly higher tuned settings. Also, I think Norht American cars have better tires than standard. One other idea is that North American cars are tested vigorously and endlessly to find the best, say 0-62MPH times, while European tests are more "real world". That's why the Enzo and the Veyron (and endless fleets of other cars) perform better here. At least that seems to be the case when it comes to acceleration. Take note that all version of the Enzo have a maximum speed of 218MPH (or slightly more) (claimed by Ferrari). That's 350KPH. EVERYWHERE. But acceleration times vary greatly, from 3.65 seconds in the UK, to ~3.45 seconds in the rest of Europe, and 3.3 seconds in the U.S. (as rated by most popular U.S. car magazines such as "Road&Track"). Or, it could be only Emmissions. Then again I think that's a small issue, and it wouldn't make sense to go through all this just for a few differences of opinion on what CO2 and NO2 emmissions must be, and as we all know, they vary in the U.S. from state to state, and as you said, Fox, in California they're particularly brutal. Where am I going with this, I really have no idea, I just know the whole business of differentiating between standards and what-not is a complicated business, one that confuses most car enthusiasts on a daily basis, I'm sure.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...