• Ferrari F360
    • Jaguar XKR
    • Ford GT
    • Acura NSX
    • BMW Z8
    • Aston Martin AMV8

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I voted for the 360. I know that the Porsche is a better car. It's faster, handling is better, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get serviced...However, I think that the 360 is the best looking car in the world. In only looks, I would rather have the 360 than anything else.

here is how I see it.

The Ford GT has the highest performance, the Ferrari has the most character and sport, the Jag and Aston are both good performers and have class, the SL55 is a boat- with a rocket motor. I just feel 911 turbo is the best of all worlds here.

apparently 50% of all of our users think along the lines of the 911 turbo - so far as most car nuts go, it is uncontested in its segment.

Question is, will the new Ford GT and Aston Martin AMV8 be competent challengers to it?

I like a decent combination of handling and speed. Porsche it is, baby :)

Oh, and I don't like Mercedes, because they're way too overpriced. Ferrari is kind of... elitist. I'm waiting on production versions of the Ford GT to be tested by a few car mags before I come to a conclusion on it, but for now it's ruled out. The Jag and Aston are both too heavy for my liking. Beautiful, but too heavy. I know I'm missing a few...

edit: Ah yes. The BMW is a nice car... very nice. But being a convertible, it's not as stiff as it could be if it were a coupe. The NSX is currently too underpowered for my liking, even though it handles decently.

The Z8 is on its way out anyhow, so I'm not too worried about people disliking it, but I think it has the most charismatic engine of the group, the 4.9L V8 feels like a champ no matter what you do, it is always smooth, always very strong, always begging for more, anywhere in the revs, any gear, you can't help but like it.

The porsche is a great car, and it is clear it will take a hell of a car to overcome it, lightening fast, tight handling. It doesn't really exude sportiness though, it drives icy cool and calm. It doesn't really sound sporty, but then again, it never feels strained either. It is clear that anything you ask a 911 turbo to do, it fill follow (unless you are some muscle-car moron who believes to turn a car at speed, you have to put twice the steering input neccesary in to overcome understeer, in which case, the 911 would kill you, but oh well)

There are some preliminary reviews in the car mags of the Ford GT. The most obvious factor about this car is that it will fast. 0-60 is going to be mid 3s from a supercharged 32V DOHC 5.4L V8. Handling will be tight. My fear with this car though is that it will lack refinement. I think it will be easily the best performer of the group, but it will be rough around the edges, will lack a luxury interior and a sophisticated ride. It will be a no compromises rocket - for better or for worse, done american style. Also, it is the most expensive car in the group at just shy of 150k US.

Acura NSX desperately needs more power than its 3.2L 290hp DOHC V6 can put out. There is word of a 400+hp 4.0L V8 or 3.8L V6 for 2004/2005, but for now, it is a great handling car, by far the easiest to drive of the group, and probably the most solidly built. Its 0-60 of 5.0 secconds is very competitive, in fact not the slowest in the group at tall, but the relaxed feel of NSX takes a lot of the feel out. It isn't a car that feels as fast as it is around town (the opposite of the Z8)

Mercedes SL55 has a great engine, a supercharged 24V SOHC 5.4L v8 with low end torque by the ton, and 493hp at a lofty 6,150rpms. It is a stunning car in person, and its 5spd automatic is possibly the best currently available anywhere. Unfortunately with this, comes nearly 4,500lbs of weight to drag around, and a 120k US price tag. Handling is above average for a 4,500lb car. For a 4,500lb car.

The Jaguar XKR looks amazing, it is sleek, cat-like, sporty, classy, and timeless. It's interior is stunning, Connolly leather, first rate woods, the best of everything. A creamy smooth supercharged 4.2L 390hp V8, and a 0-60 of 5.1. The largest draw back to this car is the ZF 6spd automatic, which aside from being an autobox, has a high-stall torque converter - and won't push all the way to the redline to shift. At nearly 4,000lbs, it is a bit heavy, but not unreasonable. The suspension gives this car agile handling much better than the weight would suggest, and overall, it screams to have a good stick shifter.

The Aston Martin is a lot like the Jag, it is a big and attractive british car, perfect interior - swank design, timelessly styled, and the exhaust note out of its 5.9L 48V 420hp V12 is called one of the best ever. Available with a 6spd manual, this car hustles to sixty in just over 5 secconds. It is very heavy, and is sprung way too much for comfort to feel sporty. Still, you could think of it as the bargain basement Vanquish.

• 2 Wochen später...

It's not really fair to judge the new GT40 since a full production version hasn't even come out yet, but for 150k Ford better make something of it and not just as an excuse to screw some people out of load of cash since Ford is picking pennys lately. I'll go with the 911 though for it's all around goodness.

Make mine a 1996 Turbo in Garnet Red though. :)

no, honestly, i think porsche still used aircooling on the 911 back in '96, it was around there they caved and started using radiators like cars.

My E30 has an airbag thank you. In fact, it only has 1, just for me, I like that even better than having more, this way, my passenger get REALLY scared. My E30 has solid state ignition, motronic, dual stage variable intake, is 16V DOHC, has a limited slip rear diff, a Getrag 260/5 stick shifter, and an onboard trip computer (which doesn't work).

So what if my X-Type has dual front, side curtain all around, and some random airbags in odd places, i'll only get to enjoy them if I hit a tree.

1997 was the first year for the current water-cooled 911 I believe. I like the old school simplicity of the older one, the interior layout was classic, the big fan was the first thing you saw when opening the engine hatch, and I think the air-cooled six had a more raw mechanical sound.

That was still the era of the gym shoe with a wing look. :P

no doubt the aircooled had a more raw sound, like that of an airplane (aircooled flat engines, huh airplanes use those don't they?). The big fan was trademark. The new smoother looking, sounding, and driving watercooled cars are a step forward. The feel of the old ones was classic though. I just can't help but like the new one.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...