EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Speeding Tickets

thepolarfoxqx

Empfohlene Beiträge

ok, i'll move anywhere but here.

Today, me and a freind take off out of a stop light, he makes a little tire chirp, my car just sorta purrs out. I see him back off, and all of a sudden, a silver impala with mad lights pulls out. I go, well crap.

He pulls me over. Comes up to me: liscense and proof of insurance please: I say, sure; may I ask what i did? He says, you took off pretty quick there. We converse. Here is what my ticket reads:

Offense 1: Viloation of Eden Prairie City Ordinance 7.03: Unreasonable acceleration.

Unreasonable Accleration? Appartley my town tickets people for that. Fast car drivers - look elsewhere. He also ticketed me for a tail light being burned out, for my temerary tag being loose, for me not having my insurance card in the car (car is new, card hasn't come yet).

A ticket for Unreasonable accleration - you realise now - I did the 0-40 in maybe 6-7 seconds - not pedal to the floor, nothing huge, and that is unreasonable acceleration. Wow. I need to get elected to city council.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Well that kind of behaviour isn't defined in our trafficlaws but in our constitution. Article 5 sais that a-social behaviour in general or behaviour that harms others will cost you, but for that a judge has to come into play.

For a judge to convict you of a article 5 you had to be really a-social, not just a little burn out at the stoplight.

Also over here you have to carry spare lights in your car at all time. If a light is burned out then you have to replace it on the spot, if you don't have a spare then you will get a ticket.

mine had just failed, and was one of a total of 5 brake light bulbs on the rear of my car.

yeah, it is a city ordinance. I may appeal it in court. Laws over here are pretty messed up sometimes.

As a born and raised European my time in the US felt like I was in lala-land. I don't wanna shite on US people but everywhere I looked I saw half-baked things like that. As a driver how in hell are you supposed to know that your taillight is out unless you drive upto a mirror or somebody takes the wheel while you stand behind the car?!

Funny story. When I was over there I frequently forgot that I was driving in an American car on an American road. So instead of doing 55mph I was usualy doing 80mph wondering why everybody else was going so slow.

So I get pulled over by a police officer and I have this little hearing disorder. Nothing big but my ears are domminant towards high pitched or low pitched sounds meaning that if there is lots of background noise it's hard for me to understand what somebody is saying unless the person stands close to me or speaks up.

I'm trying to explain this to the officer but everytime I try to get close to him so I can understand him he's like: "Sir please stand back, keep distance" and steps back. I couldn't understand what the hell he was saying because of the highway noise.

So after 30 mins of handsigns he finally gets it and asks for my drivers licence. I don't have a US drivers licence so I hand over my dutch drivers licence. He's looking at the thing and going: "What's this?". I explained to him that it's a Dutch drivers licence and that I'm from Europe. Suddenly he gets all friendly. "Ooooh you're from Holland" and he puts the hammer of his weapon back, I'm going: "pfeww, he's not going to shoot me". All of sudden it's not a problem anymore that I stand close to him, he even lets me sit in the policecar while he's checking out my insurance and owner papers, he said to me that he would let me go but procedure requires that he checks out my cars papers to make sure the car isn't stolen.

He lets me go with a warning, I step into the car and drive off. While I'm driving the following thought stepped into my mind: "The officer was 'affraid' of his own people but when it's a foreign person suddenly everything is okay". I still have no explanation for this and it still seems a little weird to me.

Offense 1: Viloation of Eden Prairie City Ordinance 7.03: Unreasonable acceleration.

He also ticketed me for a tail light being burned out, for my temerary tag being loose, for me not having my insurance card in the car (car is new, card hasn't come yet).

A ticket for Unreasonable accleration - you realise now - I did the 0-40 in maybe 6-7 seconds - not pedal to the floor, nothing huge, and that is unreasonable acceleration.

I appologize for my vulgarity, but this guy is a complete asshole. if i were still in my teenage years i would have sprayed wd40 on every single one of his brake rotors. and if i couldnt kill him and make it look like an accident i would find some way to give his wife or whoever he sleeps with birthcontrol for the rest of their lives so that there would be less dickheads like him on the planet.

some vehicles cant accelerate slower than 0-40 in 6-7sec. i know i get to 40 in under 7 every single time i drive my car(and check my signature).

bottom line: people like him shouldnt exist.

edit: are there any points and what is the fine assessed with 'unreasonable acceleration'?

My car does 0-60, as is, in something to the effect of just shy of 8. I didn't have it floored. i got to 40 in 6-7, i revved up to 5,500rpms, but that is about it. The cop said i was trying to draw attention to myself. I tryed to explain that my car isn't that loud, and I can accelerate faster. He told me I need to cool it. The ticket is $105 with no points assessed (it is a city ordinance, not county or state).

I am sufficiently pissed over it. I may have to raise some hell.

this is a problem, and i have a cure. listen carefully. next time yuou see this cop that pulled you over start a convo with him. make sure you are standing in an open area. as you are about to leave pat him on the shoulder , and get your leg ready. as he looks at your hand on his shoulder( i mean he is gonna get kinda freaked that you are touching a cop) pull your kicking leg back and release it with all of your power focused towards his ( for lack of a better word) nuts. now be careful, this cop might not have a set of big balls, in fact they are probably very small, so aim wisely. there is nothing better then a good kick to the pants if u wanna give him a message.

Hehe, you could do that.. but that will probably get you in jail or shot, police officers do cary guns you know.

A better way would be to file a complaint and if they fail to follow through threathen to goto court or stage a coupe.

well, bleh said if i was still in my teen years, i could WD-40 his rotors, but since I have moved on to bigger and better, I will use PTFE enriched friction modifier :D

But in reality, what I am thinking is I will read up on the law, prepare a good defense, and contest my ticket in court. If the cop fails to show, I get off. If he does, that is what the defense is for.

If you touch a cop around here, you'll find out exactly what pepper spray tastes like, and that is pleasure I have no desire for. I am planning on petitioning city council to hold hearing, and try to repeal this ordinance. I don't know, some family members of mine hold some clout in the republican party, I wonder what their stance on stupid laws like this is, maybe i can get some help from the family. This angers me terribly. I slipped by clutch, my back tires chirped, and I took off, got to maybe 5 over the limit before the undercover police impala was all over me.

I am not happy.

On a side note, to those on the forum - a question. If you put a garden hose on the exhaust of a car, can it do any real damage? I have done it for entertainment on cars since I was a kid (also, I find I get a hell of a lot of soot out) and have never had anything bad happen, but does anyone know of this being harmful to anything (i can't see how it could be, but just to settle an argument)

yeah, this guy i truly despise came to a party I was at. The guy hosting was finishing up waxing his car when this dude arrived. He still had the hose out. When said dude I hate went inside, i took the hose, and totally filled his exhaust with water. He says i broke his car. I really doubt it. In his fast mumbling i think he said something about the transmission, so I am pretty sure he is full of crap, but I am just being sure here. Has anyone ever heard of an oxygen sensor being damaged by water (I can't imagine it would be, hell, most of gasoline combustion byproduct is water vapor, it flow over hot, and then condenses when the car is off). Just being sure no damage could have been done (so I can tell him off for being a jerk)

If I understand exhaust systems, and I do :) , then there is no way putting a waterhose up a exhaust could damage a oxygen sensor which is positioned after the exhaust manifolt. The exhaust is a oneway system, unless the water was under highpressue it wouldn't get past the muffler.

If the water reached the sensor at all, the engine would have been flooded and the car wouldn't start at all. Worste case scenario is that the muffler would get wet but a quick spin around the block would fix that.

And ofcourse not to forget about those new cars where the gearbox doubles as an exhaust. If you put a waterhose up those cars... well yeah then the oxygen sensor would break.

If the water reached the sensor at all, the engine would have been flooded and the car wouldn't start at all. Worste case scenario is that the muffler would get wet but a quick spin around the block would fix that.
yup but this would require water going up the headers...fire hose?

And ofcourse not to forget about those new cars where the gearbox doubles as an exhaust.
yea i fixed my muffler bearings yesterday, but i still cant find out where to put the headlight fluid........my verdict: this guy is an idiot. what does he drive anyway?(snickering)

haha yeah i couldnt find the headlight fluid either so i had a shop look at it, they said it was right next to the pulsating procter rod. boy did i feel dumb. (jk) hahahaha anyway whoever it is that you hate deserves to get the cop treatment just cuz he is a moron.

yes, he is indeed stupid, no matter how much he pretends to know.

Apparently when toyota made the '96 camry V6, they felt a need to have the exhaust run through the gearbox, which, becuase of me, no longer shifts.

Actually, his car is fine. He was giving me crap. He called the police and said his car doesn't work. When they come to talk to me, I will ask them to start his car. If he sabatages it, I'll pay to have a garage look at it, when they reach this conclusion, I have an attorney on retainer from something previous - I am sure defamation of character, slander, and false accusation charges will be fun for him :o:D (i was just having fun with him, but if he means to play hard, I'm ready!)

Though seeing his face when his exhaust woofed water was really awsome. He had no idea what was happening!!!

Oh his car did start? Well you're in the dry then :)

Well maybe because of some increased water vapor his motor managment was a little off and his motor error light went on. But still if the car comes upto heat that vapor disapears and everything is back to normal.

Anywayz another funny story :)

We had this intern a while ago. We decided to play a prank on him and sent him out to buy a box of bougie sparks. After 2 hours he came back with a story that he was sent all across town from shop to shop. Apparently the shopkeepers knew what was going on and they reffered him to other shops on the other side of town, finally one shopkeeper told him. He came back pissed, boy was his face red :lol:

Hehe

nice. poor guy. I would NEVER go out looking for something I did not know what it was (especially if I were an intern). My first stop would be to ask someone what it was.

His car turned over. It scared the heck out of him because the loud sound and shake from gallons of water just getting shot out the exhaust made him think something big had broken. Everyone was laughing at him. He thought it was gas at first.

Then he tried to tell me his transmission problems were my fault. then again, he is a sad insane chinese dude, apparently english isn't all he doesn't understand. Oh well.

We had this intern a while ago. We decided to play a prank on him and sent him out to buy a box of bougie sparks. After 2 hours he came back with a story that he was sent all across town from shop to shop. Apparently the shopkeepers knew what was going on and they reffered him to other shops on the other side of town, finally one shopkeeper told him. He came back pissed, boy was his face red
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. i could never do that to someone though.

It scared the heck out of him because the loud sound and shake from gallons of water just getting shot out the exhaust made him think something big had broken.
i think im going to do this to my car, i really have nothing else better to do this evening.

have fun exhaust blasting your car! It scared george well enough (water flew a long long way)

GIR is dutch, they get away with anything and everything there. I think a joke like that would fit in just fine in a place that cool and loose.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...