EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
PorschePlayboy928

928 Mods

Empfohlene Beiträge

PorschePlayboy928
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

Going to give the 928 a few mods this summer. I plan on Eibach springs, Chip, full exhaust, and maybe 17's. What would you guys do? :-?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Hmm, can't really say. I've never owned one, and I probably won't own one in the future either. But I can think of a few different side-skirt replacements along with the front/rear spoiler changes that would make the 928 look very good. Other than that I'd give it the exhasts, better breaks, and huge silver rims. Possibly an engine mod as well.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

for the 928, an intake is advisable, a big bore throttle body helps out too. Free flow exhaust sounds amazing with the silky V8 screaming through.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

I am trying to keep the appearnace as stock as I can. I want to throw a larger Porsche wheel on there just to give it an updated look and better handling. With the 928 you can put 18's on there but it is not advisble by the Porsche factory. I was thinking about putting the Big Red's on there but I all ready have the S4 calipers which stop me just fine. Plenty of time to think it over, any ideas on exhaust type? I can't find any companies that make something for the beast.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

borla

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Why go so far in modification of a 928 though? Why not go for a 996 or something?

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

a 928 is an amazing car, it represents a whole different philosophy for porsche, it has its own feel, and with a 345hp 5.3L 32V V8, there is some fun to be had there.

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Is that the same engine that's used in the RUF Boxster mod.?

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

I don't really like the sound of Borla, I want something with a little bit more growl. Well before I bought a 996 I would buy a 993. I love the 928, its a great car all I want is more performance out of it. To get a 993 that I really want any way, a 97/98 C4S, I would be looking at high $50's to high $60's. The 928 mods would cost me at most $6,000. Are we the only three who post? :)

ebaker
Geschrieben

Put on some OEM 996 Turbo style wheels with late model Corvette sized tires.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

aren't 996 turbo wheels 18s?

ebaker
Geschrieben

Turbo "style" wheels come in 17 and 18", in widths from 7.5 - 12" I think. More tires seem to be available in 17".

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

18's are a no go on the 928 and there is no 911 wheel that will properly fit the 928 so I have been told. I like the 993 Cup II (i think that is the name) but I am going with 17in BBS LMs and lower profile SO-3s.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

BBS's are really nice looking (atleast on BMWs). I think they'll work for ya on the 928. Are the larger rims for looks or performance?

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

All performance. I love the BBS wheel but it looks like all the ones I pick out are 18in only (RS-GT and LM) :cry: . The only thing I think I will change for looks are the "elephant ears" mirrors, I wouldn't mind swaping those for a pair off of the GTS.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben
Turbo "style" wheels come in 17 and 18", in widths from 7.5 - 12" I think. More tires seem to be available in 17".

I think he is talking about the 993 Turbo Twists?

jterp
Geschrieben

Did you ever find a good exhaust?

LateNightCable
Geschrieben
To get a 993 that I really want any way, a 97/98 C4S, I would be looking at high $50's to high $60's.

High $50s' or $60s' for a '97-'98 C4S? Those sound like Turbo prices. I'm sure you could find a 993 Carrera 4 S for alot cheaper than that. I think I have seen wide 17" wheels on the 928 before.

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

High $50s' or $60s' for a '97-'98 C4S? Those sound like Turbo prices. I'm sure you could find a 993 Carrera 4 S for alot cheaper than that. I think I have seen wide 17" wheels on the 928 before.

I need to move to your area! Around here you can't get into a 993 Turbo for anything less than $80G's. Excellence has the 97 S valued at $103,000! I think I am going to go with ?18x9.5, and 18x10.5 rear? who knows?

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben
Did you ever find a good exhaust?

I am down to a few.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

PorschePlayboy928
Geschrieben

those prices are for the Turbo not the C4S. I never go by KBB, if you pick up a copy of Excellence they give you a better idea of what your Porsche is worth. This month happened to be 912s and Turbos. I know what the C4S is listed as but good luck finding one with low, 0-10,000 miles, "true" perfect condition for that much.

the 18's were a no go but I am thinking what the heck. I am sure Porsche says they shouldn't be fitted to the car, but I am sure they would say that about a lot of other mods to Porsches too. :-?

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Yeah, I'm thinking the manufacturer is always on the conservative side. Even if 18"s were a pinch, you could always go with a lower profile tire.