EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
kleinefisch

Speed Shift and Touch Shift

Empfohlene Beiträge

kleinefisch
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

What exactly are the speed shift and touch shift systems currently being employed by Mercedes? They sound part SMG and part F1 paddle, but I'm not sure.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
0wnage
Geschrieben

Speed-Shift is a system where there are two buttons behind the steering wheel up on the right and down on the left ... i have this on my car. Then there is touch shift (Sequentronic) which makes the clutch superflous and all u need to do is nudge the gear lever to change gears ! I dont like any of these systems putting the car in Drive and kicking down is the best i find :D:P

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

i test drove a porsche with the manuamatic shifted by paddles on the wheel, and found as a native stick shift driver, I liked doing it better in my audi with the tiptronic on the shifter. all it does is bully the transmission around into gears. If you have to have an auto, it is a nice feature.

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

Personally, I favor manual transmissions, with a clutch pedal and all. I think that it's too bad that Mercedes doesn't employ manual transmissions in their upper end cars.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

no, but mercedes is about luxury first, and their cars are very fast with the autos. Thier autos are amongst the best in the world too.

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

I agree fully, I don't think that they should not have auto transmissions, I'm just saying that they should offer manual as an option, for those who enjoy a bit more excitement.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

they started putting their 6spd into the C Class, maybe next C32 or the E Class?

altreed
Geschrieben

Is it possible to retro fit the speedshift onto older models e.g a c36?

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

Well, yes and no.

I'm not familiar with the specific transmission that employs, on some newer ones, you can get a new transmission control chip and neccesary interior switches (shifter) to make it work.

THere is although the distinct possibility that you may need a new transmission to employ this feature.