EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New E55 one hell of a fast car.

Seb2

Empfohlene Beiträge

I don't think you'll see anything physically larger than a 5.4L go into an E class. If the M5 (which by the way, uses a totally different layout - front midship, which makes just throwing bigger engines in arbitrarirly nearly impossible) is way faster than an E55, merc can always bore the 5.4L to say 5.7 or 5.8, increase boost, and place a bigger intercooler. I still don't think they'll be faster though.;

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

You're all having fun here without me? M5 or any bmw better than a Merc?what?/those who OVERestimate bmw,you funny guys!/

I like the way you make me laugh,really! But I won't argue - it's a waste of time and you know time is money ,money is women and women are...again money:-) So, go and drive your M5 in NFS hot pursuit II and make enough money to unlock the CL55 to...see...the...difference... And one more thing - that guy Seb gave the statistics just to show the E55 in comparison to some famous sports cars , he didn't want to argue with you...ok? Everyone should judge by himself...all the test work shows enough.

mercedes and bmw represent different schools of thinking in german car making, and they each have very different priorities, safety, solid construction, and luxury go to mercedes, as they always have. Sportiness and performance go to BMW, like always. NFS is a GAME, go drive the real thing and tell me what you think. Car and Driver magazine just did a comparison. The ranked the Jaguar S Type R in 4th, citing it was more for luxury than performance, and felt underpowered considdering the competition. The E55, the fastest of the group, ranked 3rd. They cited the staggering 4,300lb curb weight and lack of handling prowess. The M5, the oldest design in the group placed second, with its front midship mounted engine and tight suspension, and the only stick shifter in the group, its handling was tops. It was 3rd to 60, 2nd only to the mercedes to 120 and 150. The Audi RS6 came in first. They cited its poor weight balance and high price as detractions, as well as initial understeer, but said the great turbo engine and quattro all wheel drive, as well as a great cabin made it tops.

If the M5, the oldest design here got ranked 2nd by a top publication, and it is recieving 150hp, loosing weight, and a new suspension layout next year, i think it can manage king of the hill. Again.

I think it comes to this, the sportiest sedans on earth come from bavaria.

All I said about NFS - WAS A JOKE!!! Plesae, don't argue, please... - wasting your time,believe me! If you read comparissons in AMERICAN magazine about GERMAN cars - that's enough for me,I see...! If the BMW become king of the hill, Mercedes - what? - king of the top? I start thinkin that if people in this forum argue a lot, they don\t become friends (but they have to be friends above all)

BMW has become more luxurious to compete with mercedes, mercedes has become more sporty to compete with BMW, but they still adhere to their roots. Mercedes has always been about luxury, BMW about sportiness, it is not that they are not capable of outdoing each other, it is that they truly believe their philosophy of carbuilding is the best.

I think both of them should stick to their roots and do what they do best. A BMW/Mercedes crossbreed would be nice to see but that would drop the differences between the two and having the BMW logo or the Merc star on your hood would mean nothing anymore.

All I said about NFS - WAS A JOKE!!! Plesae, don't argue, please... - wasting your time,believe me! If you read comparissons in AMERICAN magazine about GERMAN cars - that's enough for me,I see...! If the BMW become king of the hill, Mercedes - what? - king of the top? I start thinkin that if people in this forum argue a lot, they don\t become friends (but they have to be friends above all)

-hot air balloon

I think it comes to this, the sportiest sedans on earth come from bavaria.

-so much truth in that!!

BMW has become more luxurious to compete with mercedes, mercedes has become more sporty to compete with BMW, but they still adhere to their roots. Mercedes has always been about luxury, BMW about sportiness, it is not that they are not capable of outdoing each other, it is that they truly believe their philosophy of carbuilding is the best.

-excellently put.(seriously excellent is an understatement)

thanks.

you know, there is something along the lines of a cross between a bimmer and a merc. luxurious and solid like a merc, sporty like a bimmer, they call it an audi.

it may not be AS sporty as a bimmer, or AS luxurious as a merc, but is a good compromise between them.

i wouldnt consider audi a compromise between mercedes and bmw. audi is the perfect sleeper. i always felt it looked less luxurious and less sporty then its german rivals but i know i would take an audi over any of others that were at the same price range. this could be just because i have had more experience with audis. now im talking about a completely different topic and i will shut up.

audis are great sleepers, they have gotten recently to be very luxurious inside, and very sporty outside. They are by far the most "showy" of the sedans. While mercedes and bmw tuck their exhausts up in the bumpers out of view on all but the sportiest models, Audi proudly mounts thier chrome exhausts for all to see. it is interesting. they have a character all their own. I guess I was wrong to call them compromise, they fit somewhere between, but aren't a mix.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...