EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New E55 one hell of a fast car.

Seb2

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Firstly - I would like to point out that as of right now - this is the fastest sedan on earth. 493 supercharged ponies really make it move. The speeds on "speedshift" are said to be inferior to that of a true SMG. The S/C layout gives the E55 massive power off the line - a benefit in time to distance races. It also is blessed with mercedes luxury and weight efficency. I wonder how well it handles?

• 1 Monat später...

There is no doubt that BMW's new M5 will be faster (it nearly is now - and the next generation will have 156 more hp and 350lbs. less to carry around). Just keep in mind that the 493hp E55 is here now, M5 is 2 years out. The E55 is an amazing luxury rocket sled - and M5 is a super-size sports car. Also - Mercedes has a 550hp Twin Turbo V12 sitting around they could slide into the E55 if they so felt compelled.

2004 will be interesting face off.

Both are great - just different ways.

• 4 Wochen später...
http://www.mercedes-benz.com/amg/e/news/index.htm

Standard E55 AMG performance:

0-1000 m: 22,9 s

Ferrari F355

0-1000 m: 23,7

Ferrari 360 Modena

0-1000 m: 22,9

BMW M5:

0-1000 m 24,1 s

Porsche 993 Turbo:

0-1000 23 s

well i think many people are underestimateing the power and speed of the new e55 amg... cause those figures that seb provieded testify but compare it to a ferrari enzo...... wana know the result?

Ferrari enzo 0-1000m : 19.2 s

W211 E55 AMG : 22.9 s

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 1 Monat später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Seb2,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes AMG (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

It's funny, one of my close friends currently has the old style E55, he's thinking about placing an order for a new but personally i don't like them, for the cost i'm thinking either hold out for the M5 which promises to be something special or spend a bit more and go for an S-class. You lot will know better, what do you reckon? But i'll tell you something, theres somebody round my area whos got an SL55, haven't tracked the house down yet but it sounds fantastic! He's got an F-150 Lightning aswell, git!

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 4 Wochen später...

you know guys mzaka is absolutely rite... Beema rocks which ever way you look at it, I mean nuff props to merc for the sl55amg (the best merc/car at the moment) which uses the same engine as in the ml, the same engine that loses bitterly against a BMW 4.6is but its a great car. My point is that what eva anyone puts on the market beema can put it out...

sorry to all you fans...

Placed a deposit for the new E55. #2 on the list. I'll let you know how the AMG drives in comparison to the 2002 M5. I recently traded in my 2002 M5 for a 2003 911 C4S. Absolutely no regrets here. Probaby one of the best decisions I've ever made. There is simply no substitute for a Porsche, but I'm dying to see how it fairs against the E55. I'd be curious to see if the E55, with four passengers, is still quicker than the C4S.

the supercharged powerplant in the E55 is all torque. You could stick 4 people in that car, and then put a few hundred pounds of sandbags in the trunk and it would still pull faster.

• 1 Monat später...
ya'll i am a merc fan...i die for mercs but i heard the new m5 will crash out e55 amg.....y dont merc make e63 amg or e600 jus to surprise every1 especially beemer

GOd that thing so sexy.......!!!! :o:o

MZaka, don't worry it'll probably happen. If there's one thing Merc likes to do, it's surprise and surpass Beemer (or at least try). It all started way back when BMW first put a V12 in their 7, and Merc got into a rivalry with BMW because they didn't want to be outdone, and so they made a V12 super-Luxo as well.

Fox, I love the sound of "all-torque". But what's the ratio (BHP-lbs.ft.)?

The E55 that comes to the US of A is the 5.4L SOHC 24V

Which also has a helically cut Lyscholm Supercharger (all about low end)

463hp at 6,150rpms

516 ft/lbs torque at 2,750rpms

Just wait till you read my post on the CL65 AMG's twist power.

There will be no E600

Maybe they will retune up to the 493hp is S55 with the same 5.4L.

Still well short of the 500-550 slated for the lighter 2005 M5

The engine bay on the E platform simply isn't long enough to accomodate the very long type-12. While one could be made to fit, it would completely eliminate the front crumple zone. Mercedes is big on safety, so I don't see this happening. The C43 was a try to just put a bigger engine in, and it screwed up handling, so they developed the much lighter weight C32 - which handles and accelerates much better, because it gives up 2 cylenders to get a S/C. The 5.4L V8 is the largest engine that will fit - you could always just put a higher underdriving pully on the S/C though!!! :P

Oh I'm sorry nevermind I got that confused. I know E is the mid-size sedan I just got confused.

What can I say, you really know your engines. I'm stomped when it comes to Mercedes-Benz, and even more so when it comes to engines. Put'em together and I know absolutely nothing (at least compared to how much you seem to know).

Say how much does it enlarge the engine if, say, the 5.4L V8 is superCharged?

Does it have to be close to the engine?

• 2 Wochen später...

The supercharger is fitted onto the engine directly between the two cylinderbans which then doesn't have a massive size increase ... mercedes wont make a faster E-class yet ... depending on what BMW does to their new M5. Trust me an E55 is a very fast and powerful car ... yesterday i went for a testdrive with a friend it is the most comfortable car i've ever sat in ... the seat adobt to your body side and then with the pulse messaging enabled :) ... the ride is so smooth and power is endless when ur doing 250Km/h the car is only reving at 4200rpm out of 6200rpm. If the new M5 is really quick i've heard that MErcedes will be considering to put the 405kw powerplant from the Maybach into the engine bay ... they probably need to produce a new shape to fit it in :). But if ur clincally insane and the E55 is not good enough then just get a Brabus EV12 ... its just broken the world record for the fastest saloon car in the world. They managed to fit the V12 from the S600 into the engine bay ... they modifed it to 6.5l and it pushes out 464kw and 1000nm... now thats scary

Brabus EV12 stats:

Top Speed: 330Km/h

0-100km/h: 4.2sec

0-200km/h: 12sec

Price: 300000 euros

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...