thepolarfoxqx

Best Super Exotic Sedan  

1. 1. Best Super Exotic Sedan

• Maybach
    • RR01
    • Bentley GT
    • I'd rather drive myself thanks.

Empfohlene Beiträge

Bits and pieces are leaking out about this huge Maybach challenging super exotic. So far this is what I have heard

I: It will ride on an aluminum space frame - like an A8 - so it will probably be pretty light - likely less than the 5500lbs of maybach or 5900lbs of silver spur.

II: It will have a pretty highly modified version of BMW's new 6.0L V12.

It will feature valvetronic - and likely gas direct injection. Word has come up of increasing displacement as high as 7.0L. Also, valvetrain modifications have also been discussed to give the car more low end torque - a rolls trademark - as the BMW engines are historically powerful in the middle octaves.

III: It debuts January 1, 2003

IV: It will put 7 series to shame in terms of high tech gadgets - perhaps they should include a computer sciences major to ride next to your chauffer to work all of it.

V: It will still bear a lot of family resemblance if it looks anything like the spy shots.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

II: It will have a pretty highly modified version of BMW's new 6.0L V12.

It will feature valvetronic - and likely gas direct injection. Word has come up of increasing displacement as high as 7.0L. Also, valvetrain modifications have also been discussed to give the car more low end torque - a rolls trademark - as the BMW engines are historically powerful in the middle octaves.

BMW?.

Maybach got my vote.

BMW has made the engines for rolls royce for some time now. While the "red label" series V8 engines date back 40 years and are of british design - and built in crewe, The 5.4L SOHC V12 used in rolls royce cars is a slightly modified version of the engine that went into 750iL and 850. It is designed and built by BMW. As of January 1, 2003, BMW will get ownership of Rolls Royce. Power is to come from a BMW V12 - just like the previous generation. I am not quite sure how this will compete against Maybach. Maybach has my vote too.

• 4 Monate später...

Ok, the concept debuted. It has a very retro type styling, is very elegant, and rides on very high profile tires stretched to the outer edges of the body. The C pillars are enormouse. Power comes from a direct injected 6.75L 48V BMW V12. HP Output is stated at 465hp and torque is rated at 720nm. 70% of that is available at 1000 rpms. 0-60 times is rated at 5.7 seconds, and is expected to put out an unusually impressive quarter mile time.

Like all other BMW direct injection motors, this V12 powers this 3 ton beast around town with a projected 17mpg urban, 25mpg extra urban. (by the way, that is better than a 3,400lb. V6 Nissan Altima). Also, a 6 speed ZF autobox is the only choice for a tranny. It also has suicide doors, and the naturally decked out rolls interior.

• 4 Monate später...

I honestly can't choose. For power the Maybach has them all beat, and for overall performance the Rolls-Royce gets the most points. But I don't even know enough about the Bentley to grant it any score. Though, I must admit I like the looks of the Bentley more than the looks of the Maybach or the Rolls-Royce. I only hope the rear lights are better-looking than those of the Maybach and the Phantom.

• 3 Wochen später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...