EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 CSL

Hicham

Empfohlene Beiträge

I found this on BMWM5.com

Here is an extract from the EVO Magazine's April Issue:

"... Sources close to BMW suggest that the CSL has been given the greenlight for production but not in the radical form of the concept shown at the Frankfurt show last year. Sound deadining will be ditched and the more spartan interior will feature lightweight race seats, but the concept's extensive use of carbonfibre will not make it to production. The CSL should weight at least 50Kg less than the M3 and could receive a mild power boost to around 350 bhp. Production is scheduled to start in Mid-2003".

If true, I say 50 Kg is not much at all. Any M3 owner can make a DIY CSL in that case. Why wait? What do you think?

BTW, same news also say that the M GmbH is working on a 1.6 lt supercharged Mini Cooper S to produce a reliable 220 bhp! they say it is currently undergoing chassis development at the Nurburgring and producing stunning laptimes. Production expected to start sometime in 2003.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Hicham,

kennst du schon M3 CSL (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW M Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW M Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 2 Wochen später...

For the moment the one wich is released have 163hp. The one they talk about in the text will have 220hp, I think it will be really great in a small car like the MINI.

see you guys

On 2002-03-21 11:24, Hicham wrote:

I found this on BMWM5.com

Here is an extract from the EVO Magazine's April Issue:

"... Sources close to BMW suggest that the CSL has been given the greenlight for production but not in the radical form of the concept shown at the Frankfurt show last year. Sound deadining will be ditched and the more spartan interior will feature lightweight race seats, but the concept's extensive use of carbonfibre will not make it to production. The CSL should weight at least 50Kg less than the M3 and could receive a mild power boost to around 350 bhp. Production is scheduled to start in Mid-2003".

If true, I say 50 Kg is not much at all. Any M3 owner can make a DIY CSL in that case. Why wait? What do you think?

BTW, same news also say that the M GmbH is working on a 1.6 lt supercharged Mini Cooper S to produce a reliable 220 bhp! they say it is currently undergoing chassis development at the Nurburgring and producing stunning laptimes. Production expected to start sometime in 2003.

I already said this 6 months ago. But nobody believed me.

• 6 Monate später...

Well the yes the CSL has long ago been greenlighted for production. The suspension geometry has been changed and the suspension setup has been further race tuned with a stiffer setting then the current M3. Also the is thinner glass in teh rear, carbon fiber is used extensively throughout the vehicle in the doors, floor, dash and on the spoilers. Total weight reduction is 95kg with an increase of 15-20hp according to what BMW has realeased so far. Also the M3 will ride on lightweight magnesium forged wheels with Michelin Super sports that have a very race slick like tread pattern. The wheels will reduce unsprung weight which will make the car even more nimble. The CSL will also only be available in SMG transmission with no plans for a manual transmission to be available. However, unlike previous accounts BMW has decided to keep rear seats saying that they believed most customers would not appreciate the loss of the rear seats. That is all I have for now I will keep you all updated with any new information I hear.

Well, the CSL is a car to go nose to nose with Viper, Z06, 911 turbo, etc, whereas M3 caters to a lower croud.

The biggest news the few hundred pounds of reduced weight, as the weight was the limiting factor on the M3, and the extra horsepower should make the acceleration nothing short of amazing. Keeping the rear seats was the right thing to do. What fun is this kinda car if you can't have 2 extra people in it with you to make gestures at the vette or porsche driver you are racing as you pass him? I can't wait. This is almost as exciting as the new M5.

Sufficently Awsome, 'nuff said.

• 4 Wochen später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...