EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Ferrari F430 ( successor of 360 Modena ) official pics

cstavaru

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

0-60 is only at a 3/10ths of a second faster than the 360 Modena. With weight cut off 40lbs and has over 100hp more you'd expect alot better numbers than that. I'm somewhat disappointed in the performance of it.

Come on...0-60 in 3.9 seconds is anything but disappointing :)

Also, obtaining close to 500hp from a 4.3liter engine...not really disappointing...

I also like how they manage to retain all the beauty of 360 in this successor car...unlike other manufacturers that alter the car's looks in a bad way on newer models. I mean, BMW and Porshe design is controversial on the newer models, while Ferrari is still gorgeous as ever :)

Ferrari has been controversial before, they're just learning how to combine their trademark design cues, with their own eccentric tendencies in a harmonious way now. There is a fair amount of Enzo influence in there, but not too much. The ride height is pretty friggin' extreme isn't it? Pull up to Pizza Hut in that - Scraaaatch!

Hopefully the larger engine will lend itself to a throatier exhaust note than in the past.

i think it is the best looking thing to come out ferrari in a while. The 575MM never really brought everything together, the 10' wheelbase of the 612 makes it awkward in proportion and gawky, the Enzo looks like a humbolt squid. This thing is truly beautiful in every way. I'd be willing to bet it knocks off a 3.5 0-60 run. When the Gallardo first came out, they were floating numbers like 4.5-4.6, motortrend tested it in italy to a best a 4.8, dismal. This year they are getting like 3.8 from it. My guess is the sound for this thing will split the difference between the melodious thrum of the maserati and the high pitch scream of the 360.

• 2 Wochen später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo cstavaru,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Ferrari 430 (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

My opinion is that the sound of the exhaust won't differ so much from the F360 is they don't want to. The F430 will spin at around 8500 like the 360 does, so if the exhaust won't differ much, the sound won't do either.

It is a very different engine to my understanding. This new engine isn't a modification to the old 3.6, but in fact just an uptweaked version of the maserati 4.2L, which is a much smoother sounding car. We'll have to see, it will probably split the difference.

This new engine isn't a modification to the old 3.6,

Not what I wanted to say. I thought if the engine spin at the same rev and they have the same configuration (V8), they should give the same sound. For example, the F1 engines are all 3.0L V10 with around 900hp and spin at 18000revs , so, all have the same sound.

point taken.

but BMW's new M3 is powered by a 4.0L V8 that is also 90 degrees, and will spin 8,500 revs, in your opinion, will that also sound like the ferrari 360 and 430?

Actually, I don't think they would sound quite the same. If BMW keeps on using the Double VANOS that's actually on the E46 engine, the sounds of those V8s (from BMW and Ferrari) could very well be different through the rev range, even if both will finally spin at 8.5k.

Of course, I could very well be wrong as I don't know much about the mecanics of an engine.

But this could be a long discussion with many supposition, cause we actually don't know what technologies both manufacturers with use on their engines.

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 1 Monat später...

Upping the ante alright, though I must say, when considering raw numbers, an expected top speed of under 200 mph. and 0-60 in 4 seconds seems a little under-whelming considering the power on tap, though hardly slow. But that engine is really something.

f43005_engine.jpg

o man that thing is sexual. maybe the expected performance numbers are subpar just so there would not be a let down, should they not fulfill their goals. it is easier to be happy with a more modest goal.

...but one would be happier completing a more outrageous goal.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...