EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2006 Shelby GT500 - Eleanor is back

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

" Low mounted fog lights are an SVT design hallmark. " Their's and who elses. Big lamps in the grill would have been much more destinctive.

Carroll Shelby is a "senior advisor" to SVT. Sure, more like senior citizen with a name to sell.:lol: Meh, I'd still rather have this one ...

shaun-tammi-gt500.jpg

• 3 Wochen später...

Caroll Shelby is an automotive god, and disrespecting him might make your car stop starting Latenite. This man more or less created the pony car, created some of the greatest performance machines around. His Shelby 427 cobra is still hard for the faster supercars of today to touch. He was part of the team that made the viper, and now that he is old and has more money than he knows what to do with, he's leaving his final contribution to the auto industry. Don't tell me driving a 450hp blown V8 stang wouldn't be awesome. That car is phenomenal, and that's all there is to it.

Oh come on, the man is highly revered in certain circles, but he ain't the pope. It's obvious to see he and Ford market his name shamelessly, he's been doing it for decades. Riding on the reputation of the 427 Cobra mostly, as his most recent projects have been rather dubious. The "also ran" Series 1 and that god aweful Cobra concept come to mind.

I'm not saying that piloting a 450 hp. blown V8 Stang wouldn't be awesome, but this GT500 is still simply a good celebrity impersonator. It's too carefully planned out in a board room and homogonized, the rebel nature isn't there.

It's a great car, and there are no two ways about it, my guess is dollar for dollar, it's going to be the best thing out there, and a thrill no matter what. Shelby is part of a small circle of great automotive pioneers, his name is along side those of Henry Ford, Harley Earl, Enzo Ferrari, and Colin Chapman.

I think it will definitely give you the best 1/4 mile performance of any car at that price, but the Evo IX will give you some crazy performance for your dollar as well. I think it will be possible to do a 12.9x in the Evo IX, if one attains a good 60 foot time (yes, I mean stock). With the ability to kick ass in AutoX and road racing. The Evo VIII surprised some people with it's great road racing ability when it started showing up to races in SoCal, and it will surprise people with the IX's new capabilities. I still think the Evo is the best all-around (read: NOT 1/4) "budget" performer.

Shelby is part of a small circle of great automotive pioneers, his name is along side those of Henry Ford, Harley Earl, Enzo Ferrari, and Colin Chapman.

... Heh, whatever you say. To me he just seems like your average racecar driver/gear head tuner, turned folk legend through carefully crafted marketing. I mean the Cobra, It's not rocket science. Take small European sportscar and dump in a big American V8, I mean duh, like he's the first to think of that? But on the GT500, it should be a good bang for the buck in keeping with pony car fashion.

I guess I just don't have a taste for blatant pomp. :bored:

• 6 Monate später...
  • 1 Monat später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo mv,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I love the cobra and the original gt500 and gt350.. but this is a disgrace.. okay boyz.. lets do everything like we do at ford... take another engine and put a blower on it. Slap on some badges and call it a classic.

this is a shelby :

68%20Shelby%20GT500%20KR%20Conv.jpg

• 6 Monate später...

Will ya'll please stop referring to any Shelby GT500 as "Eleanor"? Please with sugar and cherries? Eleanor was a souped up Mustang , mind you not a real Shelby, that was created for a lukewarm Hollywood glitter parade whose only saving grace were the truly all-star line-up of stolen cars. I believe if you truly respect the original GT500, regardless of what you think of Carroll Shelby, that you would not brand it with the stage name of a poser muscle car.

• 7 Monate später...

And remember the original Eleanor from the 1974 Toby Halicki film was a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang.

But it's true, Ford are relying on nostalgia to sell these new cars, the running gear is not that far removed from it's 60's counterparts. but they still make small boys want to wet their pants, and that's what it's all about in the grand scheme of things.

• 9 Monate später...
  • 3 Wochen später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...