EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Power and Beauty - The Gallery Vol. II ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 68
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

I'm a major car purest, almost to the point where I don't think they should even call that car the GT-40, what with a 30 some odd year gap in production. But I can't say that a successor could be worthy any other way. And a finer form of flattery by " imitation " you will not find.

Yeah, that car is the hottest thing to come out of Dearborn in a long time, and a global player. It's an American exotic, but unlike the Viper, it's not strapped with an engine way out front, funky American roadster architecture to uphold. GT-40 is built for battle.

• 1 Monat später...

U r with the oldies guys. But since I didn't live exactly close to that era, I didn't get that feeling, so I'm sticking with this one to whom I'm feeling more close to.

Enjoy this!!! I name it "Cloud Line Metal":

gt27.jpg

Actually Fox, you can. I'm not sayin that I don't like that car, but the human brain isn't universal to what is aesthetically pleasing to somebody. I happen to agree that the GT2 looks better anyways.

Chill out, man! There was no offense ment.

If u were born in the 80's we have nearly the same age, but that wasn't the point. I identify myself more with the cars which are close to my generation.

If we are talking about the Izetta, I've seen it before, from looking to BMW documentaries. I think it was the first car they started to build after they stopped building aeroplane engines as a post war ban. That's also where the BMW trademark comes from, rotors for planes.

My impression is that the Izetta gives u the joy as looking to a cute child, but not the thrill given by a modern and styleish curved car. The 507 brings me to mind Sean Connery as The Saint seducing pretty women in his convertible, but really, I don't feel connected to that. It's more precision engineering and computer assisted design that I'm into.

PS: Still: who tells me how can I put pics in my post?

Actually I think you mean Roger Moore in his Volvo P1800. Okay, so they're two different asthetics. One is classic flowing lines and crome, the other road hugging soap bar with wings. But there is no denying that the 507 is an elegant looking car. So the old stuff has merit. We have plenty of new stuff on here too.

Enough chit chat, this is a gallery. Does anyone have a great picture that hasn't been seen before?

vanquish is beautiful, and i do identify with modern cars, the 911 996 is the most amazing beauty to me, I like the Jaguar XKR a lot, and find the ferrari F355 and F360 to be incredible, and as anyone out of the 80s will tell you, an F40 is a crazy sex machine.

The isetta is as close universally seductive as i can imagine. You are right, everyone does enjoy the right to be wrong.

Yeah, you are right, I was given the right to be wrong since the day I was born, just like anyone else gets the right to be himself.

Although I feel closer to modern cars I present you the two past cars which retain my attention. I guess because they smelled and still smell like teen spirit: shear passion and entertainment.

The 507 seems more like the civilized manner of saying 'I drive in style' and the Izetta says something like 'Look, germans can make cute cars at low budget, not only war stuff'(and what good other stuff they make, seriously now, all my respect), but more or less joking that was the first result when the ban began.

Enjoy the pics and I hope u don't find them obsolete as it would be a pity:

c36.jpg

cobra2.jpg

Thats' cool, I was thinking of posting some old vette pics last night.

There is too much chatter going on, and not enough photos. Positive comments are good, but let's have no judging of personal taste, it turns the Gallery into a debate forum very quickly. Just know that every car that finds itself in the Gallery is really good looking to someone, or it wouldn't be here :) .

* Ford SVT Focus ...

svtfocus03_02.jpg

* Lotus Esprit V8 ...

esprit02_01_800.jpg

* Subaru Impreza WRX STi ...

imprezawrxsti03_07_800.jpg

* Toyota Celica T-Sport ...

celica_tsport01_04_800.jpg

* BMW M3 CSL ...

m3_csl_01_800.jpg

* BMW M3 GTR ...

m3_gtr_competi3_800.jpg

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...