EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
GIR

Tranny & Paintjob E60

Empfohlene Beiträge

GIR
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

I just applied for a test drive of the E60 on the BMW.nl site. While I was on there I though I'd have a go with the online car configurator.

Anywayz I pick 5 series sedan, pick 530i and then am prompted to pick the transmission type. To my shock I could only select an automatic transmission. Go back to check with the 530d and 520i, same thing! Only auto trannies!

Okay so I swallow that very very bitter pill and select the auto tranny to go onto the paintjob. The thing prompts me for the color and to my suprise, only soft touchy feely colors are avialable! No more agrassive hard colors like Imola red.

I go over to the BMW.de and BMW.com site and it's the same story. Only auto trannies and soft colors.

Can anybody explain to me what BMW is doing?! Is this just a flaw in the online configurator or is the E60 only avialable with an auto tranny?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

motor trend test drove 530i with a getrag 6spd stick, so i know it is offered. Their paint colors I agree are sad. Even the red is sadder. Atleast it can still be had in black. What happened to hard reds, bold blues and greens, bright silver, and white? Now we have pastel colors. I do not drive pastel colored cars.

GIR
Geschrieben

Anywayz NobraCars called me today to tell me they didn't have a E60 yet but will call again ASAP. I'll be sure to make lots of pictures and maybe a video.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

MotorWerks BMW in bloomington (which is a big BMW dealer) has yet to get an E60, they said it will likely be a few months, but refused to give me a firm date. I will check back with them.

I assume you will get one in europe before we get them, so I look forward to your take on them.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

I don't care what colors or transmission is available on that thing, I'd never buy that crap.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

for the numbers they are projecting on ///M5, I could like with it being ugly. I could not live with touchy feely green though.