EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Mercedes recalling all M class vehicles

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Mercedes is recalling all M class vehicles produced between 1998 to present. Because of a production failure in the hydrolic steering on of the bolts holding down a highpressure line could break of and the line could break lose. The chances of this happening is very slim but still better safe then sorry.

If you have a Mercedes M contact your dealer.

First the A class bouncing around, then the Mercedes of lady Diana in pieces and now this. The reputation Mercedes has (or used to have) for making safe cars seems to be going to pieces.

Still it's a good thing MB is recalling all the vehicles. I've seen worse things with other car manufacturers and they never recalled their cars. They just said it was a matter of waranty.

But then again a thing like the hydrolic steering, which has been around for years now and is standard on almost all models of all producers shouldn't be a problem. But this is the first time MB is producing a SUV so it's a matter of fallign and getting up. Look at the A class. It's a wonderfull car for less demanding people.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I was trying to reffer tot that band from Alabamaa(what was their name again?!), they finally made a hit record, we're returning from their tour and while singing that song they crashed and died... Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Mercedes.

Umm, I think the song was done by many different bands and people (Lynird skynird, Train, Splash, and Jewel, to name a few). Which one are you talking about?

And no, I certainly hope it doesn't happen to Merc.. And it probably won't. They're much too sensible to let a bad situation worsen (if it actually IS bad).

Oh, and sorry, Fox. I'm just kidding. I've never been to Alabama, and honestly I won't jusge the kind of place it is because it very well may be incredibly beautiful (though no place holds a candle to B.C. and Germany).

• 2 Wochen später...

There is nothing wrong with the M-Class being built in Alabama ... im a proud owner and the build quality is great ! My ML already had the steering fault corrected ... so the dealers say. I used to own a BMW X5 which had a few production faults thats y i eventually got rid of it which was sad but i dont regret it ... but the Merc is the best ... y settle for a replica(BMW) if u can have the original(Merc) :lol: ... BMW's have many qualities but they just cant keep up with Mercedes this is y they have many more production faults and have to recall many vehicles !

Well like I said other manufacturers had much bigger faults in their vehicles and they never recalled them. You just see how good the quality and service of Merc is. Even if your waranty has expired they will repair your vehicle. There is a small possibilty that the bolt holding it down might break, so they recall all vehicles, wow!

Oh btw. Keep in mind that it's not a simple "correction". The whole hydraulic steering of your vehicle needs to be replaced.

Ford takes fire in the united states for recalling vehicles, but i see it as a merit to their service and commitment to safety and quality. Chrysler cars have seatbelts that have an incredible failure rate, but still have not voluntarily recalled them, they are being threatened with a forced recall, pending further investigation. GM is a little better, but still very reluctant to recall. Japanese manufacturers rarely find need to recall anything.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Mercedes (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Auch interessant: Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige).

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...