EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

NEW BUGATTI: 0-300kph in 14s!!!!!!

manu_sachdeva

Empfohlene Beiträge

As anyone heard anything about the new Bugatti Veyron?

I have read it will have 987bhp and 1000ft/lb torque. :eek:

I don't believe it!

It is said to be loosely based on the Lamborghini Murcielago. (Volkwagen-Audi group own both).

Are they really going to build it with that spec? I don't believe the motoring press. A top speed of 252MPH - yes MPH!

Anyone know anything or has anyone heard something similar?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 105
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

would still buy a skyline and tune it to limits rather than buying a veyron.

highly tuned skyline gt-r´s have displacement of under 3litre with 6 cylinders in row. Two turbos and result; close to 1000hp or over.

veyron has displacement of 8litres (is it official yet?), 4 turbos and 16 cylinders in "W". Puts out 987 or 1001hp

skyline sounds much more sexy for me according to engine stats.

S8 - are you crazy man? :smile:

You would rather tune a Nissan to 1000bhp than own a Bugatti?

Bugatti is one of the oldest, most famous marques in the world.... Nissan mike the Micra. :grin:

I have also heard that 8 litre is the displacement for the Veyron but it will have twin superchargers also.....CRAZY! :grin:

I love Skylines. They are one of the fastest tuned street cars in world. But S8 you know a skyline that makes 0-300km/h under 14s is not so easy to drive on street. Hehe manu marques is there anything left from the old buggatis in the new?. I know that Dauer did take over the license for the Bugatti Eb110. They are nowdays rebuilding the cars with carbon body.

Such Skylines are impossible to drive.

At 4000rpm there would be 95bhp

At 5000rpm there would 500bhp....

These cars have terrible power delivery and are rubbish when they are off-boost. Also they have twin/triple plate clutches making them very difficult to drive and even pull away. They also overheat VERY easy.

I would take the Bugatti.

Best of all I would like the Ferrari F60.

• 2 Wochen später...

Khm! bugatti is much more easy to drive? does it even have rear window? :smile: Bugatti also has twin plate clutch so that´s about it.. Cant think who really would buy this car, maybe some rap-artist whose first mod to car would be pure gold "30 rims :grin:

• 2 Monate später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo manu_sachdeva,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Bugatti (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I read that the veyron has a twin turbo'd W-16 engine that pumps out 1,100 bhp and the same amount of torque, but was tuned down to a modest 1,000 horsepower :lol:

By the way, I lived in Japan for 2 years and saw many skylines, including my dads R34. There not that cool and are definitly not worth the price you pay. They overheat, you have to drive the car like you hate it because decent torque doesnt come until the 4000 rpm mark (Wheres the low end torque?!), they're small inside (Japanese dont have 6' 5" guys in mind when making cars) and when you sit inside, you just get the cheap "plastic" feel. Definitly a no.

And how does an inline 6 cylinder twin turbo sound more sweet then a W-16 twin turbo? A W-16 engine, thats 16 cylinders. Sure you can get a Skyline with 1,200 horsepower, but wheres the torque? Exactly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smoke u like a Fili Blunt on 2002-02-10 08:51 ]</font>

Aren´t those both just toys for the big boys? Who the heck needs that kind of power -and/or torque in any situation?

I think I would be completely satisfied with car like Grand Cherokee V8 for example. :smile:

"S8"

• 10 Monate später...
  • 3 Wochen später...

Ok I was reading through the posts and there is a lot of conflicting information about the Bugatti Veyron. Let me clear this up. The car features:

Engine:

Placement: Mid-engined

Displacement: 7993cm = 8.0L

Configuration: W16 (two V8's sharing common crankshaft at 90 degrees)

Aspiration: Quad-turbo (4 turbos)

Valvetrain: 64 valves (4 per cylinder) controlled by four overhead crankshafts

Power: 736kw/1001HP @ 6000rpm

Torque: 1250nm/922ft/lbs 2200-5500rpm

Transmission:

7-speed electro-hydraulic F1 paddle shift DCT (Double Clutch Transmission)

Similar to F1 racing transmissions, this revolutionary tranny has 7 gears and shifts in a MAXIMUM time of 0.2 sec using paddles behind the steering wheel.

No official acceleration times as of yet, but 0-300kph is said to be under 14 seconds and top speed is said to be 406km/h.

The car also features a permanent all-wheel drive system and 20 inch rims. (An interesting note is that the rims are designed to suck air in to cool the brake discs)

For more info visit:

www.bugatti-cars.de

(official Bugatti website, and a beautiful flash one at that)

To everyone of you who said this car over heats, your wrong. This car has so many mods so that it wont over heat. More interseting facts are that the EB in the name stands for Ettore Bugatti, and Veyron stands for Peirre Veyron's last name who was a close friend to Ettore and a driver for some of the races.

Seeing as this is built by VW, i don't see overheating ever being much of an issue, but it sure does produce a lot of heat (4 turbos, 16cylenders), and the central engine configuration does not dissipate heat as well. I am sure when they build it, it will work just fine. The wheels that cool the breaks are great, i think all wheels should be like that.

More news on the Bugatti 16/4 Veyron:

A hi-fi system from Dieter Burmester was specially designed for perfect audio fidelity. The best possible component layout was agreed upon with Bugatti when the monocoque bodyshell was under development.

I saw some posts in here addressing the heat generation characteristics of the engine. I'm sure it does generate a lot of heat, but the engineers at Bugatti are no doubt aware of that as well so they have taken the following steps:

The aerodynamics have been heavily developed over the last few months. The front air inlet apertures have been optimized for engine & brake cooling. Additionally, body lift is kept under control at high speeds with an automatically extending rear spoiler, fully paneled undertray & a diffuser. Cooling ducts for the engine are located underneath the spoiler. After the engine is shut off, the spoiler lifts to help warm air escape the engine bay.

Thank you to Bugattisrking for pointing out the PAX technology. While it is true that the Veyron includes this feature, it is not true that 100mph can be sustained safely without pressure. The car has limited speed and range when running without tire pressure.

The 16/4 Veyron rides on tires featuring the new Pax system developed by Michelin. These high-speed tyres for the 400-km range have a pressure monitoring system and run-flat characteristics, so that safe handling and a remaining distance of more than 200 kilometres are assured in the event of air loss.

Essentially the PAX system is designed to be a "crutch" which the driver can use to safely get to the nearest city or service garage. The tires without pressure would not be able to cope with the full power or performance capabilities of this car.

So if the pressure drops, you'll have to try you 400kph high speed run some other time!

• 4 Wochen später...

well, i think i should clear that up. you see, the veryon produces 1001 metric horsepower - now a metric horsepower is just a little different than an SAe (standard) horsepower. The standard horsepower number for the veryon is 987. The cadillac sixteen is 1000 SAe horsepower. not that you'd ever notice that difference.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...